The Official Chelsea FC Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

23 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

If Tomori goes on loan to Everton we should get Tarkowski for 30mill and dump Christensen...imho.

Good choice Keith. Tarkowski has had his work cut out, in the centre of Burnley's defence for four seasons. He's vital to their defence, more so than Mee in my opinion and with a ponderous midfield in front of him for most of that time, his covering of attacks has been first class. Underrated because he plays for an unfashionable side, he would be a great addition to our defence. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, oldgit said:

Good choice Keith. Tarkowski has had his work cut out, in the centre of Burnley's defence for four seasons. He's vital to their defence, more so than Mee in my opinion and with a ponderous midfield in front of him for most of that time, his covering of attacks has been first class. Underrated because he plays for an unfashionable side, he would be a great addition to our defence. 

Looks like West Ham is in the drivers seat for Tarkowski. Better make a quick move.

1 hour ago, deej said:

I was really nervous about this match.

Too many high expections,

Some signs of Werner,s talent,but it will take time for the team to gel.

Presently  its great to get the points,until the team starts to click.????

A lot of expectation on this side with all the new signings and money spent. Not always easy to click so many new players straight away, reckon they'll be a class side in a couple fo months. Better to play you early away for me. 

I think Frank should speak less in the meantime, I don't know if it helps his players or not...

The scoreline flattered us. Brighton are a good, solid, quick outfit that will cause problems for any side at their gaff, so to get three points there was good. Some positives to be taken from the game, Werner being one of them. Havertz would have learnt a lot from this game. He was off the pace a little but worked hard to compensate. I thought Zouma was outstanding with Christenson not far behind. Loftus -Cheek didn't do much, Alonso was his usual, paceless self and Kepa had a good game as he only let in one goal. Keep it up mate. Kante had to do the job of two men, covering Jorginho's lack of pace in midfield. He's like the Queen Mary when he gets turned. 

6 hours ago, oldgit said:

The scoreline flattered us. Brighton are a good, solid, quick outfit that will cause problems for any side at their gaff, so to get three points there was good. Some positives to be taken from the game, Werner being one of them. Havertz would have learnt a lot from this game. He was off the pace a little but worked hard to compensate. I thought Zouma was outstanding with Christenson not far behind. Loftus -Cheek didn't do much, Alonso was his usual, paceless self and Kepa had a good game as he only let in one goal. Keep it up mate. Kante had to do the job of two men, covering Jorginho's lack of pace in midfield. He's like the Queen Mary when he gets turned. 

Funny about Kepa OG. His reaction time seems so slow. Not a good thing if you are a goalkeeper.

Tell me where Chelsea have improved their defense. As of now there is the same keeper and centre-backs. Surely you will score a bushel of goals but I can't see the defense being all that much different. I did see where Cesar A. came off the bench. He's long been my favorite Chelsea player. He's getting a bit long in the tooth now I suppose and lost a step or two.

13 minutes ago, jellydog said:

Funny about Kepa OG. His reaction time seems so slow. Not a good thing if you are a goalkeeper.

Tell me where Chelsea have improved their defense. As of now there is the same keeper and centre-backs. Surely you will score a bushel of goals but I can't see the defense being all that much different. I did see where Cesar A. came off the bench. He's long been my favorite Chelsea player. He's getting a bit long in the tooth now I suppose and lost a step or two.

Thiago Silva will add much needed experience and stability,Chilwell is like lightning compared to Alonso and we will sign a better "Keepa".

Might have dropped a clanger by not keeping Lamptey,but the boy felt and was probably told he was behind both Dave and Reece in the pecking order.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, oldgit said:

Loftus Cheek was way off and just went through the motions..too many bad injuries for that lad to overcome imho, a loan move for him could be the answer. Barkley was Barkley 3 bad passes and and poor decision making trying to take on/shield the ball and losing possession outside there box, leading to 2 dangerous attacks for them, even a clearing header from him came flying back into our box,he is Never going to change and Mounts constant harassing of there players puts Barkley's efforts to shame imo it,s no good just shadowing a player ..put ya foot in and tackle the fekker. We have to keep Conor and not loan him out. Hopefully Jorginho,s knock keeps him out of Sunday,s game.

Yes thank gawd Kante was on song......bloke was everywhere.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jellydog said:

Yes, as Keith said JD, Thiago Silva will add some much needed poise and class in central defence. On the strength of yesterday, Zouma's favourite to join him unless we play three at the back. Azpilicueta has a great attitude but I think his full back days are going to be limited from now on. Saying that, the top Premier League sides have got loads of games play in some tin pot competitions so everybody of note will get games, even the snowman between the sticks.

3 hours ago, oldgit said:

Yes, as Keith said JD, Thiago Silva will add some much needed poise and class in central defence. On the strength of yesterday, Zouma's favourite to join him unless we play three at the back. Azpilicueta has a great attitude but I think his full back days are going to be limited from now on. Saying that, the top Premier League sides have got loads of games play in some tin pot competitions so everybody of note will get games, even the snowman between the sticks.

I don't know OG. I can't see where a cut price keeper and an ancient centre-back will be all that great an upgrade. Silva is likely to struggle for pace. I'm sure the fullback situation will look more to your liking. I just get the impression that Frankie has had his head turned by attacking talent, at the expense of really addressing an area of concern. But hey, nearly any keeper will be an improvement over Kepa, and maybe  Silva will be a godsend. Should be interesting.

8 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Way too early to say much other than Liverpool will take some beating to the title.

A bit of perspective. Only went 1 up after Chelsea went down to 10 men. Chelsea could have equalised if the penalty taker didn't mess around and just banged it in the top corner. Absolute horror show of a mistake by the goalie gifted them their 2nd. Bit early to be gifting them the title

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Way too early to say much other than Liverpool will take some beating to the title.

They have to play Leeds again.

Didn't see Liverpool do anything special. Chelsky were so timid. Have a go at these teams. There is nothing to lose; only the match.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

A bit of perspective. Only went 1 up after Chelsea went down to 10 men. Chelsea could have equalised if the penalty taker didn't mess around and just banged it in the top corner. Absolute horror show of a mistake by the goalie gifted them their 2nd. Bit early to be gifting them the title

No gifts here....but they are showing they will be thereabouts.

Has your chairman dropped his wallet down the sofa??

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Has your chairman dropped his wallet down the sofa??

At least MCity F.C have a full wallet to spend.

Your Spuds FC wallett, is empty  and moth eaten,apart from Loser Levy,s???? and a Mount Everest in Debt???? to be serviced

• Haha 2

35 minutes ago, deej said:

At least MCity F.C have a full wallet to spend.

Your Spuds FC wallett, is empty  and moth eaten,apart from Loser Levy,s???? and a Mount Everest in Debt???? to be serviced

Yet we're still buying players which is all I care about monkey boy.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

You're going to wish he wasn't with us deej.

If you u are referring to Mou,

he has long gone, out of our revision mirrior,great manager first time around no doubt about that

My view is , 

I will be totally surprised that Mou will last the season out, with Loser Levy controlling the empty wallett .See how it goe,s

Edited by deej

Just now, deej said:

If you u are referring to Mou,

he has long gone, out of our revision mirrior,great manager first time around no doubt about .

My view is , 

I will be totally surprised that Mou will last the season out, with Loser Levy controlling the empty wallett .See how it goe,s

I think he is referring to the apelike Gareth Bale...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Not a game of ifs, buts or maybes. We didn't even get out of second gear, and are just warming up, and we still got a an away win and clean sheet against a top 4 club. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

So....they get two goals for a penalty now? New one on me!. And maybe you should ask yourself why they went down to 10 men?

For some reason Fatty decided to park the bus despite his summer spend so understandably it can take a while to break down a nine/10 man defence. I was happy enough with a controlled professional performance in a game where we never looked like dropping points. Disappointed that FL didn't even try to win. Chelsea are bigger and better than that!

• Like 1