The Official Chelsea FC Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

5 minutes ago, oldgit said:

Another scratchy win against ANOTHER team that gain confidence because we get complacent and fall asleep, when the game becomes easy. A total contrast to the Spurs game midweek.

All true....we will make anyone look good.

The only good thing about us being on late is you can go straight to bed once the games done.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

We won but thats about all that can be said. Really cant see Hazard staying if we continue to play like this where he is the only focul point and he is surrounded by 2/3/4 players with no one on his shoulder offering him an out. Him and Kante would be a massive loss. Borehinio is not for me,never could stand players who are not that good giving orders/directions for what other players should do with the ball...but thats just my opinion.

Yes, Jorginho's main attribute is his passing and, if he hasn't got that, he might as well be in an armchair in front of the television. A couple of times I noticed Hazard had a go at him because he did a few of those 'dinked, airy' passes, that give the opposing defence the time to organise themselves. No good for Hazard who wanted them played on the ground.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Higuaín on loan from Juve till the end of the season (with an option).

It'll be interesting to see him play in the Prem

He was absolutely lethal 2-3 years ago. The complete opposite of Morata. Hard to say if he still has it given the poor service at Milan. Fewer available pasta dishes in London ought to help.

• Like 1

Watched Derby beat Southampton on pens in the FA Cup last night. Those Derby fans don't half love Frank Lampard, and he gives it back too. Surprised to see Jody Morris there. I would have thought he'd still be doing panto - Snow White.

On 1/13/2019 at 3:00 AM, alfieconn said:

You listen to them 2 muppets :1zgarz5:

Be interesting to hear the views of Higuain on here. 

The phone in I was listening to the other evening, most Chelsea fans saw him way down the list of choices. 

Edited by Kadilo

36 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

Be interesting to hear the views of Higuain on here. 

The phone in I was listening to the other evening, most Chelsea fans saw him way down the list of choices. 

Same as me, although I don't mind having here on loan for the season. If there's a manager to get a tune out of him, it would be Sarri since they worked well together before. The last time I saw him though, he was as slow as me. That's all we need, another tortoise.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, jellydog said:

He was absolutely lethal 2-3 years ago. The complete opposite of Morata. Hard to say if he still has it given the poor service at Milan. Fewer available pasta dishes in London ought to help.

I'll be making sure he knows all of my favourite pasta spots....you should visit....btw the pasta at the Italian in the Rembrandt on 18 is very good....the lamb ragout dish in particular.

I'm having a hard time understanding the negative responses from Chelsea fans to Higuain's arrival. Do they REALLY want to see if they can finish top 4 with <deleted>, misfiring "how many different ways can I fall over" Morata ? Sure its a roll of the dice with Higuain but worth that roll given the current #9 options. Or maybe they would prefer to see Hazard as a false 9 the rest of the season and absolutely clinch his move to Real Madrid ?

• Like 2

I'm having a hard time understanding the negative responses from Chelsea fans to Higuain's arrival. Do they REALLY want to see if they can finish top 4 with , misfiring "how many different ways can I fall over" Morata ? Sure its a roll of the dice with Higuain but worth that roll given the current #9 options. Or maybe they would prefer to see Hazard as a false 9 the rest of the season and absolutely clinch his move to Real Madrid ?

I think the frustration stems from it not being a young up and coming striker who is eager to prove his ability and be a great investment for several years to come.

Oh hang on....that’s Morata [emoji85][emoji85]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Haha 2

On 1/13/2019 at 10:00 AM, alfieconn said:

You listen to them 2 muppets :1zgarz5:

Yes who on earth would listen to Richard Keys, the knobhead who says Benitez should fork out of his own pocket to buy new players and stop asking Mike Ashley.  if that wasn't enough he suggested that Benitez take a look at the table and said the blame for Newcastles league position lies squarely on his shoulders.

Yes everyone should hang on every word he says......

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, carmine said:

Yes who on earth would listen to Richard Keys, the knobhead who says Benitez should fork out of his own pocket to buy new players and stop asking Mike Ashley.  if that wasn't enough he suggested that Benitez take a look at the table and said the blame for Newcastles league position lies squarely on his shoulders.

Yes everyone should hang on every word he says......

So if someone watches Keys and Grey or John Dykes (as we don't get much of a selection out in here in Thailand) that means they agree with everything they say does it. Unreal!

12 hours ago, jellydog said:

I'm having a hard time understanding the negative responses from Chelsea fans to Higuain's arrival. Do they REALLY want to see if they can finish top 4 with <deleted>, misfiring "how many different ways can I fall over" Morata ? Sure its a roll of the dice with Higuain but worth that roll given the current #9 options. Or maybe they would prefer to see Hazard as a false 9 the rest of the season and absolutely clinch his move to Real Madrid ?

Not an Argie by any chance is he??????

3 minutes ago, keithsimmonds said:

Not an Argie by any chance is he??????

Ha Ha ! Yes Keith he is, but unloved by most Argies. At any rate, Argie or not, wouldn't you rather take a chance on Higuain than watch Morata's symphony of impotence ?

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, jellydog said:

Ha Ha ! Yes Keith he is, but unloved by most Argies. At any rate, Argie or not, wouldn't you rather take a chance on Higuain than watch Morata's symphony of impotence ?

I'm always surprised there isn't more interest shown in Icardi!!

44 minutes ago, jellydog said:

This the premier league where as a striker you are not just man marked you can be double or even triple marked.If Higuain does the business then i will be delighted.....but to me its a Big If. 

Signing or loaning  bench warmers from other clubs,is in my view a bluddy insult for what has been one the most successful English clubs in the last 20 years.

• Like 2

I have to laugh (cos i,m done crying) Sarri apparently said '' i am so angry that i want to talk to the players in Italian so that my message is clear'' ....brilliant. (think there was only one Italian in the match day squad) :annoyed:. This false no 9 <deleted> and the 5 five side game that takes place on every one of our goal kicks is going to send me ''radio rental''

Sarri has now become more stubborn than Conte was and he his demented if he thinks the team cannot function without Borehininio  ''pulling the strings'' :cheesy::cheesy: 

Like it or not some players need an arm round the shoulder (Morata for one) and some some need both hands around the throat.....Willian Pedro Alonso Borehinio for starters.

Change it Sarri  ..... put Luiz in midfield start Christensen Emerson Ampudu Cho and Morata against Spurs ....and out borehinio pedro willian barkley and alonso........or Foxtrot Oscar.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

I have to laugh (cos i,m done crying) Sarri apparently said '' i am so angry that i want to talk to the players in Italian so that my message is clear'' ....brilliant. (think there was only one Italian in the match day squad) :annoyed:. This false no 9 <deleted> and the 5 five side game that takes place on every one of our goal kicks is going to send me ''radio rental''

Sarri has now become more stubborn than Conte was and he his demented if he thinks the team cannot function without Borehininio  ''pulling the strings'' :cheesy::cheesy: 

Like it or not some players need an arm round the shoulder (Morata for one) and some some need both hands around the throat.....Willian Pedro Alonso Borehinio for starters.

Change it Sarri  ..... put Luiz in midfield start Christensen Emerson Ampudu Cho and Morata against Spurs ....and out borehinio pedro willian barkley and alonso........or Foxtrot Oscar.

He also said it was hard to motivate this set of players. Well Maurizio, if you are going to select the same players, irrespective that they are playing sh**e, then of course they will become complacent. He seems, for whatever reason, reluctant to bench players that haven't performed for ages. It's just ridiculous that he has this blind faith in these players. Spot on Keith with the list of culprits at the end of your post. I would definitely played Giroud against their flaky central defence. He hasn't scored for ages but I would put that down to his lack of game time, a decent run in the side. His confidence must be desperately low due to Sarri's obsession with Hazard playing a 'false' number nine. He was in the starting line up for France's World Cup winning team for <deleted> sake, so he's not a sack of s**t. I'm just wondering if there are 'factions' building up in the dressing room at the way certain players have been treated by Sarri. Glen Murray's doppelganger better come in and hit the ground running.

Saying all this, we are fourth in the League and in all the Cup competitions (I know, not the Champion's League, before the 'tee -hee' brigade leap into the fray) so it isn't all doom and gloom but, we need to get out of this rut we're in of paceless, turgid football now 

• Like 2

Agree with you both. From what I’ve seen of Emerson recently during his limited playing time, he’s got bags more pace and energy than Alonso. I think that situation about sums it all up. Playing [emoji90] but still playing every league game [emoji107][emoji107]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

If Sarri persists as he is i think Spurs could get away with a 0-0 draw on thursday!

You will never have a better opportunity to knock us out but i'm starting to see a glimmer of hope despite our crippling injuries.  lets hope Sarri sticks to his guns because we'll know exactly how to play Chelsea.

• Like 1

You know what lads....i think that game was de ja vu (only this time with the right result)the home game against the Arsse back in august we should have conceded 5 in that 1st half. Dave and Alonso both then and on Saturday gave away far too much space on the flanks, our penalty area was packed with our players and none of there,s were being marked,an utter shambles from set pieces with 10 in the box against a max of 5 of theres. Set pieces under Sarri has been nothing short of amateurish. Back then Morata ran on to a long ball and scored...unlike Pedro who on Saturday missed,Alonso scored the winner in that game where as this time his header hit the post.....and overall we were lucky to get the 3 points. This time what got what we deserved....nothing. 

Got to make big changes for Thursday....that is a must.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, carmine said:

If Sarri persists as he is i think Spurs could get away with a 0-0 draw on thursday!

You will never have a better opportunity to knock us out but i'm starting to see a glimmer of hope despite our crippling injuries.  lets hope Sarri sticks to his guns because we'll know exactly how to play Chelsea.

You are correct....we will never have a better chance....and if we play like we did against you in that 2nd half of the 1st leg,and the 2nd half against City and both games against liverpool....then we could wipe the floor with you......atm thats a big if.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, keithsimmonds said:

You are correct....we will never have a better chance....and if we play like we did against you in that 2nd half of the 1st leg,and the 2nd half against City and both games against liverpool....then we could wipe the floor with you......atm thats a big if.

In fairness, you haven't been able to wipe the floor with us for quite a while now,  and won't be able to with us under Pochettino,  but point taken.  And we are sorely weakened.

You are right, Sarri's stubbornness could end up being his undoing. That loss against Arsenal followed by a poor result against Spurs would put him and his methods under an awful lot of pressure.

• Like 2

This really is becoming a huge disappointment for us playing what should be a critical and vital game for the players and Sarri against what is fast becoming only half a team. Yeah i,ll be up at the usual ungodly hour of 2.30ish to watch what unfolds but it just wont be the test it should have been imho. Looks like the next 4 games wont tell us where we are or where we going either.... Swed Hudders and Bournemouth...unless we lose of course then the writing will be on the wall.

ktbffh:wink:

• Like 2