The Official Chelsea FC Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

A decent performance by the team where we couldn't capitalise on our dominance in the first half. After the break, Tottenham came searching for the equaliser and pinned us back. Typical Mourinho, they get their goal and immediately they withdraw to their own half for the last 10 minutes. Mendy was at a slight disadvantage in the penalty shoot out, because he couldn't have had any time to study the their spot kickers and their techniques. Overall though, not too disappointed although our defence still gave me a few palpitations with a couple of dodgy clearances. Chilwell looks solid enough although he looked after himself with his recent injury. I hope Emersen stays, because he looked motivated when he came on and is a good back up in that position. A very nice finish by Werner. 

Defensively, we're going to have to be at our very best to beat Palace today. It was one of the best offensive displays I've seen by a team, when Palace beat Man. Utd this season. Zaha, Ayew, Townsend and Schlupp terrorised the United defence that day. 

Hope Dave and Jorghino have taken some speed,cos ther gonna need it. Nice to see Pulisic on the bench. Personally i think we should have put the 18 squad members names in a hat and let Didier draw the team...he done good the other night????????????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I don't know why I was worried ! Zaha and Ayew went AWOL and, when there was a counter on, Kante, Jorginho and Havertz were demented in covering the break. With that, Silva, Zouma and Mendy had a fairly comfortable afternoon. I remember last season when Palace came to the Bridge, Hodgson's tactics were exactly the same in the first half, organised but negative in their approach. We got the first goal and it was only then, that they decided to attack. You'd think they old man would have learned his lesson. Anyway, an emphatic win and a clean sheet without breaking sweat is a nice confidence booster.

• 2 weeks later...

Frank and his team have to take a good hard look at themselves,and sort that thuccking defence out. Kepa should never have played full stop and the same goes for Christensen,our defending from set pieces is woeful and has been woeful for more than a year now,we never win the second ball and that is always our undoing. Why did we keep a clean sheet against Palace,because they were gutless compared to Saints Brighton and Wba. Why did n,t we play Tomori he has n,t been away on international duty,and how come Everton and Liverpool play there Brazilian players yet we don't play Silva...and why the thucck does Frank play his son (mount) on the left where Pulisic should be playing.

Rant over and out!!!

No rant from myself,as it is early season, and not needed ,perhaps the Love Bird should note, goals are flying in, everywhere. Even Lpool let in 7 last week.

Playing fluid football up front,but Keystone Cops defending at the back,I have upmost confidence in Lamps selection  policy so far as he has a huge jigsaw to complete ,due to number of new players coming in and and old players going out,and many matchs  to contend with. Therefore Lamps should be given time to work out his best formation  ETC ETC,not to throw him under the Bus,leave that to the usual slaggers on this thread????

• Like 2

1 hour ago, deej said:

No rant from myself,as it is early season, and not needed ,perhaps the Love Bird should note, goals are flying in, everywhere. Even Lpool let in 7 last week.

Playing fluid football up front,but Keystone Cops defending at the back,I have upmost confidence in Lamps selection  policy so far as he has a huge jigsaw to complete ,due to number of new players coming in and and old players going out,and many matchs  to contend with. Therefore Lamps should be given time to work out his best formation  ETC ETC,not to throw him under the Bus,leave that to the usual slaggers on this thread????

Good post of yours..... i cant stand incompetence at any level.

• Like 1

It all started to go wrong when we took our foot off the pedal after 30 minutes, when we were in complete control and playing some superb football. We stopped working in midfield ( Kante excepted) and they began to dominate possession. A sloppy goal to give away before half time, when Havertz was caught messing around, but where was the cover, where there was 15 minutes earlier? Ings went through a gap as wide as the M1. Their second was a joke. It isn't tiredness but a complacent mental issue with some of these players. It became too easy for them so they thought they'd get the deck chairs out. And if you're going to press high when their defence are passing it around, do it! Don't hover around two yards off because they'll pass through you, even tortoises like Bendarek and Vestergaard will do that.

15 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Thoroughly enjoyed your defensive display gents...do keep it up!!

6 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

You what you what you what:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:...you really should keep your trap shut until you v,e played.....not before.

K.S.

Every village has a Idiot????

This knee jerking Spursy one, is the Footy Forum,s one???? by a country mile????

Edited by deej

17 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Touche bruv.

Getting a surely schooled by a poster who felt keith was a good name. 

Basically your being schooled by a bin man or a deputy store manager at a sainsburys. Time to hang up your thumbs.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Jack Hna said:

Getting a surely schooled by a poster who felt keith was a good name. 

Basically your being schooled by a bin man or a deputy store manager at a sainsburys. Time to hang up your thumbs.

I know a guy called Keith (not you KS) who changed his name as the Thais couldn't pronounce ;th; Got sick of being called 'Kee' all the time.????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, wilai said:

I know a guy called Keith (not you KS) who changed his name as the Thais couldn't pronounce ;th; Got sick of being called 'Kee' all the time.????

Sorted that one...massage shops bars and golf courses its "Billy"...only have to repeat that 3 times...????????

Edited by keithsimmonds
  • Haha 2

????Our scouting Team will be on full alert 2nite as we have a history of signing players who play well or score against us in this competiton.....Willian Salah Kdb Decco Ballack Costa Courtoius Ziyech felipe Luiz Silva etc etc etc....and before anyone asks "Kepa" is not on that list.????????????

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

????Our scouting Team will be on full alert 2nite as we have a history of signing players who play well or score against us in this competiton.....Willian Salah Kdb Decco Ballack Costa Courtoius Ziyech felipe Luiz Silva etc etc etc....and before anyone asks "Kepa" is not on that list.????????????

I don't think we'll be signing any of these Sevilla players Keith. All good, experienced types that have seen it and done it. They certainly had us on the run around for large parts of the game though. On the strength of the game, Frank should be pleased with a point.

1 hour ago, oldgit said:

I don't think we'll be signing any of these Sevilla players Keith. All good, experienced types that have seen it and done it. They certainly had us on the run around for large parts of the game though. On the strength of the game, Frank should be pleased with a point.

Well drilled well organized (and we were n,t too bad either). A tough game and to keep a clean sheet was pretty dam good. just a little disappointed again that Pulisic was not on the left. i like Mount (always have) he is normally the 1st one to start the press,but Pulisic is a game changer on the left that is his natural position...he is wasted on the right imho.

Seems that Mount is both Southgate's and Frank's go too man.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

Well drilled well organized (and we were n,t too bad either). A tough game and to keep a clean sheet was pretty dam good. just a little disappointed again that Pulisic was not on the left. i like Mount (always have) he is normally the 1st one to start the press,but Pulisic is a game changer on the left that is his natural position...he is wasted on the right imho.

Seems that Mount is both Southgate's and Frank's go too man.

Personally, I don't think Reece was playing particularly well at the start of this season. The spell on the bench, the England game and then against Sevilla has seen him come roaring back to his best form. He must start against United on the right, especially now that Rashford has hit top form. He likes to stay wide left and drift in on to his right foot. Your right about Pulisic who is similar to Rashford, in that he likes to cut inside. Last season, we were the better side for an hour, dominating possession until they did us on the break and were very clinical in taking their goals. I don't see us being as proactive in this game. I'd give Mount a rest for this game as he's been on the go from the moment the new season started, and play Reece in front of Azpilicueta on the right.

• Like 1

Who is going to take the Pens? When it comes to tackling and breaking up play then Kovacic imo gets the nod over Jorginho and we can not have Jorginho Kovacic and Kante starting, that is just super negative. Mount has to drop out and as said Ziyech right Pulisic left, middle for Kai behind Timo....then Kova and Kante....Chilwell James Tomori (if Silva aint fit) and Zouma Mendy......done.   

• Like 1