The Official Chelsea FC Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

8 hours ago, wilai said:

Not a bad idea but maybe Zyech will get that spot with Pulisic switching to the left. 

Maybe I'm being a tad cautious as Martial is banned, so it looks like Cavani will start centrally. Greenwood has got the hump over something so, maybe Lingard on the right. 

4 minutes ago, keithsimmonds said:

Think someone got there answer as to where a cut price keeper and an ageing centre back were going to improve our defence....long may it continue.

You can call me out by name Keith. It's OK. :biggrin:

How about that Maguire headlock on Cesar?

11 hours ago, jellydog said:

You can call me out by name Keith. It's OK. :biggrin:

How about that Maguire headlock on Cesar?

Sorry Jelly..2 hours ago in Soi Buakhow i was "Ted"  i cant even remember my own name on a daily basis...

Stonewall Pen that  one...but Maguire gets a free pass against us, studded Batshuyai,s groin at the bridge...nothing given.????

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Watching you lot is great for insomnia.

Anyone read Janey Godley's new book yet? 

'Frank....get the door!'

Best for you ,  Is to Wind up your Window ,as your trolling breath  is rather smelly.

FWIW, a point away, is my only call????

2 hours ago, deej said:

Best for you ,  Is to Wind up your Window ,as your trolling breath  is rather smelly.

FWIW, a point away, is my only call????

All about expectation deej and at Chelsea this season clearly scraping a top four is the aim.

Rather disappointing really.

On 8/13/2019 at 2:41 AM, RonniePickering22 said:

Chavs are heading for a sixth place at best....lovely to see you back where you belong amongst the also rans.

See you have history for talking out of your asreanall......now pull your trousers up and get back to your "Spursday Nights"

• Like 1

1 hour ago, keithsimmonds said:

See you have history for talking out of your asreanall......now pull your trousers up and get back to your "Spursday Nights"

I can only comment on what I see Keith and looks like a lot of work to be done for Frankie boy.

Monday will be a good night since I have a few days off after it....4-1 I reckon and an attacking masterclass....don't miss it now.

16 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

All about expectation deej and at Chelsea this season clearly scraping a top four is the aim.

Rather disappointing really.

IMO ,Roman,s main expectation this season will  be. To close that massive gap (points table 19/20 season) between  us Lpool and Mcity.

As only 6 match,s have been played.  How ( apart from yourself) can forecast a C/L place this season, is beyond me.

In addition to this point ,there have a number of surprising results and scores so far.

As for my review of Lamp,s tenure at Csea so far, i would certainly give him a pass,in saying that,further sterner tests lay ahead of him.

See how he progresses til the start of 2021,sure that Roman will keep his gun, in his holster til then

Edited by wilai
name calling

4-0 may have flattered slightly,but it still could have been more. To there credit the opposition worked hard all night and when we played or rather tried to play it out from the back there pressing made it a very hard watch for me. Thought the pitch did n,t lend itself to playing good passing football on...looked hard and bumpy imo . On a better pitch Ziyech who i thought had a great game will come into his own. Another sound performance from Mendy in goal and thanks to him and the crossbar another clean sheet. Onwards and upwards...

2 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

4-0 may have flattered slightly,but it still could have been more. To there credit the opposition worked hard all night and when we played or rather tried to play it out from the back there pressing made it a very hard watch for me. Thought the pitch did n,t lend itself to playing good passing football on...looked hard and bumpy imo . On a better pitch Ziyech who i thought had a great game will come into his own. Another sound performance from Mendy in goal and thanks to him and the crossbar another clean sheet. Onwards and upwards...

Ziyech showed a glimpse of how good he is, and when Pulisic came on, things started to happen. Mendy is justifying Big Pete's faith in his ability. Havertz seems to find playing football a doddle. Such an elegant player with an innate ability to find space but also puts in a shift. The future is looking good on the midfield and attacking front  Yes, the scoreline was a bit hard on Krasnodar. Their keeper made Kepa look like Lev Yashin.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

Great news....cant possibly wear that kit tomorrow/today/tonight????

Probably that white strip. Quite like the look of that with it's aesthetic design and understated topography with a hint of pastel.

• Haha 2

Congratulations to the yoof on defeating Manchester United yeterday to reach their ninth FA Youth Cup final in the last ten years. The final is against Manchester City on Monday, three days between the semi and the final ~ the quarter-final against Millwall was way back in February.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, oldgit said:

Probably that white strip. Quite like the look of that with it's aesthetic design and understated topography with a hint of pastel.

"never mind the quality feel the width "    Oy Vey...........think i posted on the wrong thread.:smile:

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, keithsimmonds said:

Think we could rip Burnley a new one tonight...Coyb

I reckon they'll be a tough nut to crack Keith. Now that the transfer window is out of the way, players who were being touted for bigger things, such as Tarkowski and McNeil, can now concentrate on their football. Signs of that improvement against Spurs last time.