The official Chelsea FC thread 2019

46 minutes ago, oldgit said:

Shame on you BM, I thought I was the only lazy <deleted> on this thread.

The thing that struck me about the lads coming through from our Academy is, they can all play football and have pace and acceleration. The exception pace wise is Billy Gilmour, from what little I've seen of him though, but he's still very young and will get stronger. It was nice to see Reece James putting in an old fashioned slide tackle or two though. For this eventuality, we have Jody and the succession of Academy coaches to thank.

The game itself was a very good win, in a cauldron of a stadium against a quick and skillful outfit. The youngsters would have grown up and learnt a lot from this experience.

And to think we used to have to queue up all night for tickets back in the day - and had fun doing it. I guess we might have been a bit younger then!

• Like 2
  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Had to chuckle at this today. Hopefully edited enough [emoji1303] Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If it was me, he wouldn't play another game this season. A disgraceful exhibition of insubordination by a so called professional. It was all about him and not the team. He'd collapsed twice with cramp

Kepa is definitely playing for Chelsea in goal  tonight . He has just said that he doesnt care whether Sarri picks him or not , he will still be out there between the posts 

Posted Images

15 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

I'm with you there.

Got up to watch us vs Zagreb. Spent ages trying to find a free livestream. Failed. Went back to bed. Couldn't sleep thinking about the game. Suddenly remembered i had Mobdro. Out of bed again to watch on Mobdro feeling annoyed  that with a sleepy head i hadn't thought of that earlier. Missed big chunk of the game. Watching on my phone most unsatisfactory. Wish Truevisions had the CL like in previous  seasons.

Android box?

13 minutes ago, deej said:

To introduce myself to the 

Chelsea F.C. thread😀

my first post is all Lamps.

We have a very astute manager  in our ranks .I beleive a IQ of 140 north

and his pedigree is Top Draw.

His handling of David Luiz Transfer to Arsenal had all the hall marks of the greatest manager .of all times .Sir Alex Ferguson.

Lamps and his Babes will secure a top. 4 CL place.

this season  have absoulately no doubt about that

Deej

Welcome to the footy team daej.

I knew Frank, and his family, through his sister Claire who was a swimmer. My children swam at the same club. Lovely family.

Top 4 is a bit optimistic, but all the same possible, while the other biggies are sputtering.

Can't separate the top two but I fancy Leicester will be up there.

Who else? Who knows! I fancied Everton to do something this season but they are awful at the mo'.

Edited by owl sees all
  • Like 2

While last night's game didn't start with the same tempo and intent as the Brighton game it was another decent performance and result, with a couple of cracking goals. Great passing and movement for the last goal and nice to see Jorginho contribute with an eye for a key pass and quick movement of the ball that was so lacking last season. When two players come off the bench and create a goal of the quality of our fourth we know things are looking up.

One thought that crossed my mind was where will RLC fit in once fit, there certainly will be genuine competition for places in midfield. If we keep in the cups for a while there will be plenty of matches to rest and rotate but they'll all be wanting to start in the big games so who would make up your prefered midfield assuming they're all fit and on form?

Me? I'll just sit on the fence and just go with whoever SFL selects.

• Like 2
16 minutes ago, Blue Muton said:

Why not,

Lamp.s is doing a excellent work . with the squad to this point of time

Sit back and enjoy

Lamps Babe.s playing easy on the eye football.

So refreshing from  previous seasons  

Go Lamps  Babe.s

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Blue Muton said:

While last night's game didn't start with the same tempo and intent as the Brighton game it was another decent performance and result, with a couple of cracking goals. Great passing and movement for the last goal and nice to see Jorginho contribute with an eye for a key pass and quick movement of the ball that was so lacking last season. When two players come off the bench and create a goal of the quality of our fourth we know things are looking up.

One thought that crossed my mind was where will RLC fit in once fit, there certainly will be genuine competition for places in midfield. If we keep in the cups for a while there will be plenty of matches to rest and rotate but they'll all be wanting to start in the big games so who would make up your prefered midfield assuming they're all fit and on form?

I wonder what he'd be like at left back or in goal?

• Haha 1
On 10/7/2019 at 8:54 AM, Blue Muton said:

I haven,t got the arrsse for sitting on a fence......no place for Barkley or Pedro...either in the starting line up or on the bench. imho

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, keithsimmonds said:

I haven,t got the arrsse for sitting on a fence......no place for Barkley or Pedro...either in the starting line up or on the bench. imho😀

Oh My ☺️ ^^^^

Very handy footballers on their day. particular Pedro

And bring vast experience to  the  Chelsea Babes . which will be needed in due course.

Relax. Lamps is coping extremely well😁

and enjoy the Chelsea Babes ride  

Go The  Chelsea Babe.s

• Like 1
1 hour ago, keithsimmonds said:

I haven,t got the arrsse for sitting on a fence......no place for Barkley or Pedro...either in the starting line up or on the bench. imho

That still leaves Kante, Jorginho, Mount, RLC, Kovacic, Pulisisc and Gilmour fighting for three or four positions, depending on the formation. You're still at risk of picking up a splinter or two, Keith.

• Like 1

I know Pulisic provided the assist to Batshuiyi but apart from that I was less than impressed. Although few minutes were awarded to him. Frank has been heavily criticised on SM for not giving him enough game time but if he’s not proving himself in training he’ll struggle to get in the team, simple really.

Thank ferk we’re not relying on him in light of resent departures. He was seen by many as a stand in apprentice for EH. Thankfully others have stepped up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1