The Official Chelsea FC Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

On 11/30/2020 at 1:24 PM, keithsimmonds said:

Yep Giroud should have been brought on earlier,Reece put in some cracking crosses that went unpunished. Our keeper looks good and the guys in front of him know they can rely on him...that helps.

Agreed the trio of Kante Kovacic and Mount did there job. Nice to see both Havertz and Pulisic back on the pitch.

Good points well made. I note the silence on the subject of goalkeepers from a certain poster who insisted that Kepa was not the chief cause of our earlier defensive vulnerabilities.

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Blue Muton said:

Good points well made. I note the silence on the subject of goalkeepers from a certain poster who insisted that Kepa was not the chief cause of our earlier defensive vulnerabilities.

Water under the Stamford.....Bridge .:thumbsup:

• Like 1

Wow that was stunning. A real classy 4 timer from Giroud, who will probably start instead of Tammy against Leeds and boy does he deserve it.All of that starting 11 deserve credit as they all played well. Emerson had an excellent game imo and Havertz was a Rolls Royce in his role,never did i think we could have a scoreline like that....brilliant.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, keithsimmonds said:

Wow that was stunning. A real classy 4 timer from Giroud, who will probably start instead of Tammy against Leeds and boy does he deserve it.All of that starting 11 deserve credit as they all played well. Emerson had an excellent game imo and Havertz was a Rolls Royce in his role,never did i think we could have a scoreline like that....brilliant.

I bloody missed it! The alarm on my not so smart smartphone didn't go off.

• Haha 1

Another encouraging 3..1win against  Leeds ,a very slick attacking side.

Very early days to get carried away,but the future is looking promising for Lamp,s men .

Still a level or two to climb,to seal a C/L place, and possibility of Premiership challenge,but presently worth a small shout????

Yeah, good game that with impressive football from both sides. With a full quota of players to pick from and everybody champing at the bit to play(Hiyech picked up an injury though), Frank's got a very pleasant problem to solve. Leeds have got some very talented, quick players but their central defence is their achilles heel. How long can they keep up their high energy type of play with a thin squad and the Cup competitions coming up? Debatable.

8 hours ago, oldgit said:

Yeah, good game that with impressive football from both sides. With a full quota of players to pick from and everybody champing at the bit to play(Hiyech picked up an injury though), Frank's got a very pleasant problem to solve. Leeds have got some very talented, quick players but their central defence is their achilles heel. How long can they keep up their high energy type of play with a thin squad and the Cup competitions coming up? Debatable.

It was a good game but to me even at 0-1 i never doubted us turning that around. Leeds are  a bit like Sheff Utd last year very impressive, but don,t score enough goals so despite being hard working and easy on the eye they are going to struggle imho. They had more possession than us but created only one clear cut chance to our 6.

As for that "penalty incident" one day they are going to go back to awarding penalty's where a clear goal scoring opportunity was denied by foul means....not what happened with Chilwell yesterday or Robertson last week.

On 12/1/2020 at 6:13 PM, Blue Muton said:

I note the silence on the subject of goalkeepers from a certain poster who insisted that Kepa was not the chief cause of our earlier defensive vulnerabilities.

If u had any football nous at all ,instead of the above snipe and being a Stats man,please

Refer to my post,s and show where i strongly defended Kepa poor goal keeping,only posted that our Keystone  Cops  defence, were no  help for him,to recover his lost form. 

Presently with new signings Silva and Chillwell, and King Kante at the base of midfeild and the droppings of Alonso and Dave our defence has dramactically improved.

Early days yet,but Lamp,s is slowly putting the defence jigsaw together that he faced,

More to come is my call????

Edited by deej
  • Like 1

On 8/18/2020 at 4:41 PM, deej said:

Having different Keystone Cop,s back four defenders, ( according to selection) as your last line of defence ,certainly did,nt help Kepa one iota.

From reports appears Kepa is departing.

So be it for it,for mine

On 8/18/2020 at 1:43 PM, deej said:

So what?

Get off his back.

Kepa is in the Transit Lounge.

On 7/29/2020 at 5:31 PM, deej said:

Give Kepa a break,appears he is on  way to the departue lounge , but u and your fellow Love Bird are still laying the Doc Martens

Into him.

Rather boring and tedious,if you ask me.

Who is your next Victim?

On 7/23/2020 at 1:40 PM, deej said:

Stats, can often  be very misleading ,as above???? 

Sure Kepa is a shot bird and  likely to be shipped out

But the defenders have not helped his form to recover, one iota.

And  last nites performance by our defender,s was very poor again,par for the course this season.????I agree Kepa may have kept better on 2 Lpool,s goals. but 5 sailed through not 2.

Presently MU keeper ,De Gea (for a while) has got the wobbles, perhaps Tugboat Maguire and Co is the reason.

Presently at Csea we have at least 4 Tugboats in our defence each match.

May i ,sincerely offer Lpool my heartist congrats on being EPL champions and last nites win????

On 7/23/2020 at 6:19 PM, deej said:

A few months back or so,our thread had Motor Mouth????????

Now the Stats Mouth.

???? As for my Agenda twisting, my post clearly ack owledges Kepa.s poor form etc etc and points out 3 goals were also scored,not down to Kepa,s 2 , where doe.s your Stats or post show them which makes the playing feild equal for all players. Its all down to Kepa bashing Sure he will be happy lad to leave CSEA and let the Bashers or Slaggers to find another victim. The LoveBirds have a cage full of them on this thread

On 7/8/2020 at 2:46 PM, deej said:

Please smell the coffee????

Where did i post that Zaha,s goal was unstoppable?.?..

Clearly, i only objected to your Pop and Routine Save quotes. which IMO were completely  rubbish .

TBH, Kepa is labouring as our custodian,  I  have no doubt about that, but a different back four and a very  ordinary bunch at that,

playing in front of you, week in, week out, would knock the <deleted> out of anyone.

On 7/8/2020 at 10:12 AM, deej said:

Zaha,s POP????

It was a thunderbolt !!!!!!

Routine tip over??????? What are you smoking, please pass it around????

BTW

Lamps after the match,praised Kepa,s save in the dying moments, which certainly gave us,  2 extra , very valuable points ,in this close race,  for a CL place .

Willian another class performance ,perhaps he is now off the Threads Hit List???? and Capt Amercia another nicely taken goal????

Blue Muton saved u the trouble,all my posts on Kepa .

Perhaps best for you in the future, to engage your sniping with solid info 

My above posts , clearly state  that Kepa,s poor performance,s were not all down to him ,and i have clearly acknowledge his poor form too

Good to see Billy back,and even better was that he played really well. Tino can be pleased with his performance as well..Tammy is not getting his Epl place back any time soon and Havertz is still getting match fit and i doubt he will start against Everton.Will Pulisic be on the left or right on Saturday...tricky one that.

37 minutes ago, keithsimmonds said:

Good to see Billy back,and even better was that he played really well. Tino can be pleased with his performance as well..Tammy is not getting his Epl place back any time soon and Havertz is still getting match fit and i doubt he will start against Everton.Will Pulisic be on the left or right on Saturday...tricky one that.

Pulisic must play Saturday, preferably on the left. He looked as sharp as a tack when he came on against Leeds.

10 hours ago, oldgit said:

Pulisic must play Saturday, preferably on the left. He looked as sharp as a tack when he came on against Leeds.

Well i could name the team like most of us could but...who plays on the right...no Cho or Ziyech...Pulisic is much better on the left, Werner also favours the left, Mount (anywhere) Giroud middle.

On 12/1/2020 at 6:13 PM, Blue Muton said:

I don't rate Kepa but think Kante back in his real positon has made a massive difference. Would have been my first move when Sarri went

• Like 2

20 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

Well i could name the team like most of us could but...who plays on the right...no Cho or Ziyech...Pulisic is much better on the left, Werner also favours the left, Mount (anywhere) Giroud middle.

Everton have got injury problems at left and right full back with Digne, Delph and Coleman. Good news for us. Could be that they might switch to a back three. I'd put Werner on the right in front of Reece, because whoever they put there, won't be a first choice, probably Bernard, Kenny or Godfrey. Same on the left with Pulisic in front of Chilwell and Giroud bullying Mina and Keane.

1 hour ago, keithsimmonds said:

Might have to change my prediction score then....1-4 banker to 1-6.....coyb.

Damn and blast! There's talk that Pulisic has a slight injury and might not be fit. Will it ever stop? The geezer's cursed.

After a 17 match unbeaten run, stretching back  to Sept , Perhaps the law of averages,caught us out????.

Over the years Goodison Park has never been  a happy hunting ground for us, and the Toffee,s possibly deserved the win, but with any type of luck (,in my view,)we should have snatched away point.

Now to get back on another run,which we have just lost, is the vital key to our season????

Edited by deej

5 hours ago, deej said:

After a 17 match unbeaten run, stretching back  to Sept , Perhaps the law of averages,caught us out????.

Over the years Goodison Park has never been  a happy hunting ground for us, and the Toffee,s possibly deserved the win, but with any type of luck (,in my view,)we should have snatched away point.

Now to get back on another run,which we have just lost, is the vital key to our season????

Tepid that was last night...a pleasure to enjoy for me so it was.

On 12/11/2020 at 10:48 AM, BangrakBob said:

Put your feet up boys, these lads have been found out by the likes of Burnley, Leeds, Newcastle and even United , just play in behind the midfield and they'll open up like a whore coming out of lockdown. 

Seems like they took your advice Bob. 

Do they know where you live.? ????

• Haha 1