The Official Chelsea FC Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

Gutted by that team selection...did not expect christensen to play or Chilwell for that matter and changing 3 of the 4 is pushing imho. Jorghino will be up against it with both Grealish and our ex player Traore and is odds on to pick up a yellow. Liked to have seen Billy and Havertz play.. still it is what it is and i fully expected us to win this game...not so sure now though....liked to be proved wrong.????

Yes only a home point ,but if one take,s Villa,s  and  our recent form ,perhaps not a bad result

Lamp,s has to immediately tinker with another formation,

4x4x3 is not working,otherwise his tenure maybe at risk.

I,am presently remaining calm  as the team,s above us are hardly,setting the world alight????

• Like 1

You can't argue too much about that display, against a Villa team who are flying at the moment. I thought Azpilicueta was terrific. His attitude is second to none. Christenson was OK overall and Rudiger was very good considering they've been on the periphery all season. Even Jorginho played his part. Pulisic will click into top gear very soon.. All he needs is that ball to go into the net. Chilwell annoyed me because he was played into great positions for the cross, but his final ball was below par. Even the cross to Giroud for the goal was difficult, but Giroud's finish was class. Hudson -Odoi's game has reached a new level. His passing was excellent and there is a maturity about him now. Havertz looked very lively coming on which augurs well for the future. He looked like that Covid break is behind him now. Now, all we've got to do is get our away form to match our play at home. It's a mystery to me as the stadiums are empty, so there's no excuse of the crowd being the 'twelfth man".

• Like 1

... Admittedly the game was on in the background.. but I did catch most of it.. and sorry but call me old school but Frank's got an abundance of VERY expensive front players that are far to similar i'de say wingers but that wouldnt be right.. but not so wrong.. today there was a.lack of presence in the center of your attack... Like.... Well a Sunday am coach should have been able to see... Sori but from a neutral perspective  I thought Frank got it SO wrong today and HONESTLY. I think he's got the balance of the squad all wrong..

Edited by 3 minus 2

Great game if your a City fan....i did like there 1st goal myself but after that..we were an utter shambles. I don't rate Jorginho but at least when he plays he holds and occupies the same area of the pitch...Kante Mount and Kovacic are all over the place...Kante one minute defending in our box next minute he is on the edge of there box.There pressing caused us all sorts of problems and our pressing caused us all sorts of problems :sad:......watch the game again Frank and sort it out.

Pep got lucky with the players that they were without imho .... I would n,t have Walker if he was Free and Foden should be playing every week,credit to him though for putting Sterling up against Chilwell.

Sometimes your best team on paper is just that..your best team on paper and that certainly applies to us.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

Great game if your a City fan....i did like there 1st goal myself but after that..we were an utter shambles. I don't rate Jorginho but at least when he plays he holds and occupies the same area of the pitch...Kante Mount and Kovacic are all over the place...Kante one minute defending in our box next minute he is on the edge of there box.There pressing caused us all sorts of problems and our pressing caused us all sorts of problems :sad:......watch the game again Frank and sort it out.

Pep got lucky with the players that they were without imho .... I would n,t have Walker if he was Free and Foden should be playing every week,credit to him though for putting Sterling up against Chilwell.

Sometimes your best team on paper is just that..your best team on paper and that certainly applies to us.

Frank learnt a harsh lesson in this match. Don't go into a match over confident against City, no matter who they have on the pitch. I don't know what Ziyech was showing in training but he did nothing of note in this game. His laziness left Azpilicueta high and dry on numerous occasions.

2 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Told you Fat Frank hasn't a clue but not listened to me...on no...back under the bridge they tell me....well enjoy it gents...cos I'm laughing hard right now!

You ever thought about seeking professional help???

• Like 1

16 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

As much as i'de like to say pep got lucky... he didn't. he put sterling down the right, first time?   .he ABSO 100% knew he'd skin your lb and he did, and foden down the left KNOWING he'd draw your bac and leave space... Both worked SO well and once it worked the others in city ran riot.. I ain't  a fan of peps sterile tippy tappy... But he ABSO did Frank today..and  once it unfolded.. i'de more than happily give Frank a bashin, but from what I saw, defensively there wasn't an awful lot he could do...still think He's <deleted> up with the balance of the squad...and upfront yesterday his choises were. poor...

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, 3 minus 2 said:

As much as i'de like to say pep got lucky... he didn't. he put sterling down the right, first time?   .he ABSO 100% knew he'd skin your lb and he did, and foden down the left KNOWING he'd draw your bac and leave space... Both worked SO well and once it worked the others in city ran riot.. I ain't  a fan of peps sterile tippy tappy... But he ABSO did Frank today..and  once it unfolded.. i'de more than happily give Frank a bashin, but from what I saw, defensively there wasn't an awful lot he could do...still think He's <deleted> up with the balance of the squad...and upfront yesterday his choises were. poor...

"Pep got lucky with the players that they were without imho .... I would n,t have Walker if he was Free and Foden should be playing every week,credit to him though for putting Sterling up against Chilwell."

Did you not read the above????????????????????????????????

• Thanks 1

With the dog,s now out Barking,for Lamp,s sacking,

FWIW , my view is the following????

Csea has to play,Fham away, Lcity away,Wolve,s at home,which takes  Csea through to end of January

Lamp,s must win at least 2 or face ,Roman itchy finger.

BUT

What is in Lamp,s favour ,is the nature of results so far in the EPL with Lpool,s loss last nite to Shampton,further compounds, what a crazy season  so far.

I feel every mngr, from top to bottom are under the pump,

not just Lamps

• Like 2

1 hour ago, deej said:

With the dog,s now out Barking,for Lamp,s sacking,

FWIW , my view is the following????

Csea has to play,Fham away, Lcity away,Wolve,s at home,which takes  Csea through to end of January

Lamp,s must win at least 2 or face ,Roman itchy finger.

BUT

What is in Lamp,s favour ,is the nature of results so far in the EPL with Lpool,s loss last nite to Shampton,further compounds, what a crazy season  so far.

I feel every mngr, from top to bottom are under the pump,

not just Lamps

Capitulation happens to all teams....often however it is the manner of defeat which leads to the chop.

I think he has the rest of the season anyway at least.

If an offer is made or interest is shown for Jorginho in the coming days then i would n,t  be surprised to see us go in for D Rice. We should but won,t get Marc Guehi back from Swansea....i just hope we don,t loan out Tomori.

If Frank wants to stay with his "all out attack " football then you need some physical mobile logs of wood in front of the back 2 or 3....Rice fits that description ...Kante will have to play in "Deep Sea divers boots"

• Like 1

So Pep walks on water again as a result of putting both Mendy and Walker in there correct position...(bench)... and Foden rightfully is on from the start....just leaves Stones not too have one of his brainfart moments that he is oh so capable of having and everything is Rosie for City again in this thickle Epl league.

For us Frank must play a full strength team against Morecambe and Wise on Sunday..... and we must wallop them....easy.:wacko:

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, keithsimmonds said:

So Pep walks on water again as a result of putting both Mendy and Walker in there correct position...

You're right about Mendy, he's had his chances but I want shut of him now. As for Walker, he wasn't on the bench against your lot, he was still out with covid. I watch City all the time and can't agree with your view of him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, keithsimmonds said:

just leaves Stones not too have one of his brainfart moments that he is oh so capable of having and everything is Rosie for City again in this thickle Epl league.

Stones has played in 11 games for us this season and hasn't had a brainfart once. His form has been 8 or 9/10 every game. So credit where its due please.

All defenders have a brainfart in them, even 'the world's greatest defender' up at Liverpool had a few before his injury.

Nah, Stones is doing all right for us ta very much (keeping Laporte out says it all).

2 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Stones has played in 11 games for us this season and hasn't had a brainfart once. His form has been 8 or 9/10 every game. So credit where its due please.

All defenders have a brainfart in them, even 'the world's greatest defender' up at Liverpool had a few before his injury.

Nah, Stones is doing all right for us ta very much (keeping Laporte out says it all).

8.25 mins 25 seconds cosy little one 2 with your keeper leads to clumsy/brainfart sloppy pass leading to Fernandes shoots your keeper saves.....i rest my case.     HD matches highlights 8.11 mins 11seconds....more than enough for me. Nice win though.

3 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

You're right about Mendy, he's had his chances but I want shut of him now. As for Walker, he wasn't on the bench against your lot, he was still out with covid. I watch City all the time and can't agree with your view of him.

Walker...10 games played 11 goals conceded....you keep him....i would n, have him if he was Free....Apologies...i,ve said that before.

2 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

Walker...10 games played 11 goals conceded....you keep him....i would n, have him if he was Free....Apologies...i,ve said that before.

You've played 2 games more than us, are 3 points behind us and let in 8 goals more than us. We'll keep him and maybe you need to look at solving your issues at the back

12 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

8.25 mins 25 seconds cosy little one 2 with your keeper leads to clumsy/brainfart sloppy pass leading to Fernandes shoots your keeper saves.....i rest my case.     HD matches highlights 8.11 mins 11seconds....more than enough for me. Nice win though.

City conceded one goal while Stones playing this season (last minute vs walk in the park vs Chelsea).

City's player of the month for December (8 games) = John Stones.

I rest my case that Stones is doing all right for us ta very much.

6 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

City conceded one goal while Stones playing this season (last minute vs walk in the park vs Chelsea).

City's player of the month for December (8 games) = John Stones.

I rest my case that Stones is doing all right for us ta very much.

Do you deny his near fopar???