The Official Chelsea FC Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

On 1/8/2021 at 3:58 PM, keithsimmonds said:

No the shooting gallery in soi 7/11 this weeks targets are current and past Man city players and fans....i,ll look out for you.

Not my game. Know you like it so was being pleasant.

Edited by Bredbury Blue

16 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Not my game. Know you like it so was being pleasant.

Ok apologies. But sometimes you just ask for it. All that guff you posted about Foden and his starts compared to others...even by your own admission and your fellow City forum pals your holy grail is the Epl...so the guff about Foden featuring in 11 games Epl games so far...do me a favour..... one hole minute v Newc  a massive 95 minutes in total for the 4 games against Burn Totts sheff utd and West ham.....you would defend Ted Bundy.

3 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

Ok apologies. But sometimes you just ask for it. All that guff you posted about Foden and his starts compared to others...even by your own admission and your fellow City forum pals your holy grail is the Epl...so the guff about Foden featuring in 11 games Epl games so far...do me a favour..... one hole minute v Newc  a massive 95 minutes in total for the 4 games against Burn Totts sheff utd and West ham.....you would defend Ted Bundy.

...and you're off again with your "sometimes you ask for it": bit arrogant that Keith.

Yes I do defend nonsense points made against my club by people on these threads who don't watch every minute of City as I do and who don't know their stuff about City - pretty much as I see you do with Chelsea. Kettle. Black.

Unclear what point you are trying to make with regards Foden. Anyway, Foden hasn't played enough in the PL - City fans want him to start every game - while he has played plenty in the CL and Caraboa and overall. And as I posted the other day, at Foden's current age of 20, he is ahead of similar top players in appearances and goals. Foden's coming along nicely thanks.

It's also fair to say that because of this weird conjested season with very little turnaround between games that Pep has used few players in almost every game (Rodri and Dias are the exceptions) and he has been trying to play two teams, one for PL and the other for CL, in order to cope. 

Foden's minutes this weird season:

https://www.transfermarkt.com/manchester-city/leistungsdaten/verein/281/plus/0?reldata=GB1%262020

Edited by Bredbury Blue
Edited comments on Foden as this the Chelsea thread not City
  • Confused 1

Blessed to get 3 away points.

Csea has become the wing play club,of the EPL.

Passe,s to the left,then to the right,or vice  versa,then a cross to the middle and hope for the best.

Lamp,s your 4x3x3 is clearly not working for weeks, you put Cho  on at the 65 min,s and this sub created two up front.13 mins later we scored .Beside,s  not a dicky bird comes through the middle ,all wing play no varation ,and all opposing sides have worked, you out.

And for peat,s  sake start Cho every match,not on the bench,

Rant Over

4 hours ago, deej said:

Blessed to get 3 away points.

Csea has become the wing play club,of the EPL.

Passe,s to the left,then to the right,or vice  versa,then a cross to the middle and hope for the best.

Lamp,s your 4x3x3 is clearly not working for weeks, you put Cho  on at the 65 min,s and this sub created two up front.13 mins later we scored .Beside,s  not a dicky bird comes through the middle ,all wing play no varation ,and all opposing sides have worked, you out.

And for peat,s  sake start Cho every match,not on the bench,

Rant Over

I agree that we should try a system change cobber, but the biggest problem is an edginess, a lack of confidence wafting through the team hence the constant crossfield, mundane passing . All safety first <deleted> football with no edge except when Mount or Kovacic were on the ball. I never thought that Chilwell was the answer to our left back position and nothing he has done since has changed my mind. He plays his football from an armchair. He's devoid of pace and hides when the going gets tough. It sounds like I'm talking about Alonso. Azpilicueta may be on the wane but his attitude and effort to the game is vital at this time. While players like Ziyech, Pulisic, and Havertz are struggling for some pace and spark, Hudson -Odoi seems to have thrived by being used sparingly by Frank. He's easily our most potent attacking threat at the moment. Werner looks a thoroughly dejected figure, shot to pieces by his form, but we've all seen how good he has been so I'd stick him away until next season.

A word about Fulham. They've become a completely different side defensively, since Scotty ditched Hector the dreamer and Ream at centre back and replaced them with Anderson and Adarabioyo. Much more solid and difficult to breach. Giroud had a tough afternoon against those two.

21 hours ago, oldgit said:

I agree that we should try a system change cobber, but the biggest problem is an edginess, a lack of confidence wafting through the team hence the constant crossfield, mundane passing . All safety first <deleted> football with no edge except when Mount or Kovacic were on the ball. I never thought that Chilwell was the answer to our left back position and nothing he has done since has changed my mind. He plays his football from an armchair. He's devoid of pace and hides when the going gets tough. It sounds like I'm talking about Alonso. Azpilicueta may be on the wane but his attitude and effort to the game is vital at this time. While players like Ziyech, Pulisic, and Havertz are struggling for some pace and spark, Hudson -Odoi seems to have thrived by being used sparingly by Frank. He's easily our most potent attacking threat at the moment. Werner looks a thoroughly dejected figure, shot to pieces by his form, but we've all seen how good he has been so I'd stick him away until next season.

A word about Fulham. They've become a completely different side defensively, since Scotty ditched Hector the dreamer and Ream at centre back and replaced them with Anderson and Adarabioyo. Much more solid and difficult to breach. Giroud had a tough afternoon against those two.

Agree about Chilwell (could be Alonso,s twin) no pace and wont take anyone on. Without a change we are very easy to play against..oppo has 10 players marking our forward 5/6 (no real need to continually press our defence) while our keeper and 3/4 of our defence pass it sideways and back between them....that monotony is only broken up if Mount drops back to pick up the ball or Kante is playing and he drives us forward but that little <deleted> cant do it all on his own. For me we need Havertz against Leicester...Fabregas has lone gone and Havertz imho can do what he did and more.

Still no one is setting the world alight.

5 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

Agree about Chilwell (could be Alonso,s twin) no pace and wont take anyone on. Without a change we are very easy to play against..oppo has 10 players marking our forward 5/6 (no real need to continually press our defence) while our keeper and 3/4 of our defence pass it sideways and back between them....that monotony is only broken up if Mount drops back to pick up the ball or Kante is playing and he drives us forward but that little <deleted> cant do it all on his own. For me we need Havertz against Leicester...Fabregas has lone gone and Havertz imho can do what he did and more.

Still no one is setting the world alight.

Totally agree about Havertz Keith. There's a bomb under the bloke and when he hits top form, and there have been signs since his Covid lay off, he will be a revelation. 

Sincerely hope we don,t sell Fikayo Tomori...loan him if your not going to play him by all means but don,t sell him...we,ve already dropped a huge clanger when we sold Lamptey for a paltry 3 mill...cant repeat that mistake again. Besides which Silva is probably only good for this season Christensen is too weak to be a centre back,yeah Dave could play there but his best days are mostly behind him,that just leaves Rudiger and Zouma,though Marc Ghuehi currently on loan at Swansea will imo be a future star i know we have Ampudu as well but i don't see him as a centre back.

If we are going to sell anyone then sell Batshuayi Barkley Bakayoko or in alphabetical order start with Alonso..before we work our way up to Zappacosta  ????

Despite the welcome three points against ten man Fulham I for one was not overly impressed with the performance. If we play like that tonight we will be ripped apart. Not sure about getting up at 3am for it TBH.

So, on a scale of 0-10%, how confident are we all feeling?

43 minutes ago, Blue Muton said:

Despite the welcome three points against ten man Fulham I for one was not overly impressed with the performance. If we play like that tonight we will be ripped apart. Not sure about getting up at 3am for it TBH.

So, on a scale of 0-10%, how confident are we all feeling?

TBH even in our current form i don,t think Leicester would be confident. We are the great unknown...but i am hopeful...they will fear us as they should. We must ruthless not reckless...65% chance of winning imho, coyb.

10 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

TBH even in our current form i don,t think Leicester would be confident. We are the great unknown...but i am hopeful...they will fear us as they should. We must ruthless not reckless...65% chance of winning imho, coyb.

They must be saving their fear for the second half, the first half was a walk in the park for them. I  do admire your optimism though, even if on this occesion I didn't share it.

I believe Lampard can be a great manager but this job right now is not looking like he can steer it in the right direction.

Those two Germans have just not produced, Abraham could never be fully trusted. 

It's a weird squad, bunch of absolute sissys. 

But I still think lampards got a great career ahead of him.

• Like 1

Frankie must really be on the hot seat at this point. Not a popular opinion here I'm sure, but if either Conte or Sarri were in charge of this Chelsea they'd be in the top 4 or not far from it. Roman can't be far from lowering the boom.

Think lampard needs a reliable goalscorin centerforward.. personally I prefer giroud over Abraham's... But Tbh neither at this moment in time Look/are a top 4 teams centerforward...  This one has to be on Frank..  not for lack of budget. He's bought an awesome selection of wide players....  I don't watch every game but often enuf and Honestly  When they run with the ball I struggle to tell them apart.

Wasn,t all bad i,ve seen a lot worse. If the players are carrying out Franks instructions and playing to his tactics then the buck stops with him.James was asleep for 2nd goal and the 2nd goal not matter what time its scored is usually game over. Cant really fault either of Rudiger or Silva just wished that they could have hit more balls over the top of that rigid Leicester line,but with Abrahams 99%of the time bordering on offside ..whats the point. 

Must agree 100% a 1st Season Conte would have that squad in pole position...not stuck in the pit lane.

Best thing that can happen now is sell Giroud...and a few others Frank has far too many options...the less he has the better imho.

6 hours ago, deej said:

Lets start with the positives.

The Roof  has fallen in.

Next match at home against Wolves is a must win for Lamps ,who must change from his stubborn,4x3x3 formation to???

Otherwise it,s Bang Bang ,Lamps.????

I think you are right... he isn't likely to get time. But if I was a Premier League club owner, I'd be looking at continuity as a more fruitful strategy than chopping and changing. Sure, you need to be prepared to take the rough with the smooth, but I think Ole, and before him Klopp, are evidence that if you let the players know a manager is there for the long haul, they can start to build something which lasts more than 5 minutes. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

I think you are right... he isn't likely to get time. But if I was a Premier League club owner, I'd be looking at continuity as a more fruitful strategy than chopping and changing. Sure, you need to be prepared to take the rough with the smooth, but I think Ole, and before him Klopp, are evidence that if you let the players know a manager is there for the long haul, they can start to build something which lasts more than 5 minutes. 

And before Klopp ,Pep and so on,       FWIW 

It,s down to the dressing shed  ,if Lamp,s has lost that, and another defeat against Wolves next match,  Bang Bang, bye bye Lamps.