The Official Chelsea FC Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

2 minutes ago, deej said:

And before Klopp ,Pep and so on,       FWIW 

It,s down to the dressing shed  ,if Lamp,s has lost that, and another defeat against Wolves next match,  Bang Bang, bye bye Lamps.

It always seems hard to know for sure whether a manager has 'lost the dressing room' unless there is an all our revolt.

He never looks the happiest of guys that's for sure. But he was saying the right things about not being too upset with the players etc... if you think about the knowledge of Lampard and even Ole to some extent, compared to the likes of Mourinho (who has been in so many different scenarios throughout his career), they are essentially learning on the job. But while Ole has Mike Phelan in his ear, who has been around the block, and supposedly Fergie chipping in with advice, who can Frank call upon? Uncle Harry?

19 hours ago, RickG16 said:

It always seems hard to know for sure whether a manager has 'lost the dressing room' unless there is an all our revolt.

He never looks the happiest of guys that's for sure. But he was saying the right things about not being too upset with the players etc... if you think about the knowledge of Lampard and even Ole to some extent, compared to the likes of Mourinho (who has been in so many different scenarios throughout his career), they are essentially learning on the job. But while Ole has Mike Phelan in his ear, who has been around the block, and supposedly Fergie chipping in with advice, who can Frank call upon? Uncle Harry?

Bloody hope not.

3  Home games on the trot to come and no fans present could n,t wish for a better scenario. Pick your strongest 11 for all 3 games with minimal changes and go from there. Oh and crucially ditch the 10 outfield players in the box for every single corner we concede...please.

After watching the Leicester game, I am really starting to wonder what Lamps is doing. I had my doubts when its took him a season to put N'Golo back into his best position. When he doesnt play we are left with a pushover of a midfield.  Spending 200 mil on luxury players was a surprise for me. We have far too many frilly players in our side and its not like there were no warning signs last season.  

• Like 1

Yeah, we don't make it difficult enough for the opposition,  especially against the in form sides like City and Leicester. Give them the respect they deserve from their position in the League. We've got some very classy players, who are either out of form or not putting it all in for some reason so, how about making the priority to defend and hit teams on the counter, instead of chasing shadows around the pitch? When you're bereft of confidence, the energy and desire isn't there to operate the full press, so sit back, use your head and do them on the break.. It isn't an affront on the skill and character of your team but good tactical sense. Look at Mourinho, he's been doing it for decades with success. Come on Frank, we're not good enough now so use your noddle. We need wins now, however dirty it may look.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

Billy done OK Emerson too...Mount put in his usual hard working shift. Nice build up play for the 3rd goal....done.

I think it was Ziyech who started it off near our corner flag. Twisted and turned, found space and cracked a lovely crossfield pass to set Hudson -Odoi on his way.

8 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Rumour control is rife of talk about Frank getting the sack and Thomas Tuchel being appointed

Yep Fat Frank is off for a well paid buffet session and Tuchel in...he knows nothing about the Premiership so it will be business as usual haha.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Yep Fat Frank is off for a well paid buffet session and Tuchel in...he knows nothing about the Premiership so it will be business as usual haha.

Do you hang out in graveyards??

I thought the poor barsteward who begs outside our local 7/11 was a sad @#$t but you take the biscuit.

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, keithsimmonds said:

Do you hang out in graveyards??

I thought the poor barsteward who begs outside our local 7/11 was a sad @#$t but you take the biscuit.

Don't be like that Keith dear chap...after all misery loves company! :post-4641-1156694572:

16 minutes ago, jellydog said:

Tuchel?! He's always reminded me of an extra from Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. He better be able to crack the whip, because that looks like the current problem at Chelsea to me.

Didn't work for him with the primadonnas in Paris!

Yeah... Given the chavs record with managers..can't say it's a surprise.. still never a pleasant thing to se anyone get the boot.. still, Frank won't exactly be worrying about the electric.. will he... So ...

Tuchel....thought psg were harsh in the way they booted him out..  he defo took them up a level and think he still could have improved them...the squad at  chelsea at this mo in time, look ideal for someone to come in and 'sort' things out... Plenty of talent ... Could be said underperforming talent.. so we shall see..

• Like 1

I think the people deriding Lampard are a bit harsh. Ideally he would have built up his experience a bit more before taking the job, but how could he actually turn Chelsea down? 

Tuchel would have an amazing squad at his disposal... a mix of exciting youth and proven quality. He might even be able to rescue this season yet, and I think that is why they made the decision now. 

12 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

What now for Lampard? Will he need to drop back down to the. Championship or go abroad for more experience?

Looks like Tuchel is coming but would  he be your choice ?

You must be excited about the Lingard rumours....