BANGKOK
Jonathan Fairfield

The official Chelsea FC thread 2019

9 hours ago, jellydog said:

I see your boy Conte is at it again, this time with the Inter suits.

Sounds familiar.

From the Grauniad:

The Inter manger, Antonio Conte, has lambasted the directors of his club for poor planning after seeing his team squander a two-goal half-time lead in their 3-2 defeat at Borussia Dortmund in the Champions League.

The fiery coach repeated his complaint that his squad is too thin and players too inexperienced to battle on two fronts and also suggested that club directors should face the television cameras as well as himself.

“Some important mistakes have been made at the planning stage, we can’t play both the Champions League and Serie A with such a small squad,” said Conte after Tuesday’s match. “I’m tired of saying the same things over and over again, perhaps they could come here over and say something. I hope that this will help them understand a few things.” There was no immediate reaction from the club leadership.

Conte conceded that he felt like a broken record as he kept complaining about the crowded fixture list and explaining that Inter are still in the early stage of building a new team. “They tell me that I should smile more on television,” he added. “But I always end up saying the same things, about the growth process, about taking it step by step.

“The lads are giving everything and going at full pelt and I can’t ask them for more than that,” he said, before complaining about their lack of experience. We are talking about players who, apart from Diego Godin, have never won anything. Who do we turn to? Nicolo Barella who has come from Cagliari? Or (Stefano) Sensi, who came from Sassuolo?”

Conte made similar complaints when he was coach at Juventus, where he won three successive Serie A titles but struggled in the Champions League, famously saying that “you can’t eat at a €100 restaurant with a €10 note.”

His comments are likely to raise eyebrows as Inter spent more than €150m on new signings during the transfer window. However, they also let a number of key players go including Mauro Icardi, their leading scorer for each of the last five seasons, and midfielder Radja Nainggolan.

Chinese-owned Inter, who have not won any major silverware since 2011, are second in Serie A, one point behind leaders Juventus. Tuesday’s defeat left them third in Champions League Group F, three points behind Borussia Dortmund.

“We need to keep a low profile,” added Conte. “Our position in Serie A should not allow us to forget our problems.”

Quite an attacking line up with Kante, Emerson and James coming in. I just hope we don't get too cute in possession, and leave the centre backs exposed as Palace are a dangerous team away from home, quick to counter especially with Zaha and Townsend on either flank.

• Like 2

Massive pressure on Reece 1st Premier League start and at home and up against Zaha....good luck to him he deserves his spot imho.

Cotc

11 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

boring as <deleted>...half time

Your doing it wrong Bob......i never find it boring :thumbsup:

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

boring as <deleted>...half time

Early kick-offs are usually quiet affairs

• Like 1

Chelsea are a must watch this season. All that impressive and young attacking talent led by the ex-City great Frank Lampard. Entertaining.:smile:

• Haha 1

A very important 3 points (as Arsenal and Totts .dropped points😀)to cement a C/L place

Would never have thought at the beginning of Lamps reign that yday.s back 4 would have started.

And Dave our captain who has started in seventy odd matchs straight  having a rest.

Tammy another goal and Captain Amercia a header to seal the match

Willian continues his good form under Lamp.s astute man  to man management.

TBH i am at loss to name Lamp.s starting line up . as he is becoming a Tinkerman largely due to feirce  loyal competition between his players .

Do feel no player presently has a nailed on position in Lamp.s starting 11 each week😀

Go The Chelsea.s Babes

Edited by deej
  • Like 2

Game of opinions i know.....but i don,t think we can better that back 4, I,ve always had Reece for the future in-front of Dave and Emerson in-front of Alonso,Tomori is just so solid and pace in abundance, cant really split a fully fit Rudiger from Zouma,but after Zouma,s bad injury and having to play "hoof it" football for 3 years at both Stoke and Everton and then having to learn how to play out from the back for us....well he keeps his place for me.  I have Marc Ghuehi in-front of Christensen so imo our defence is solid.

Only a fully fit and back to his best Loftus Cheek gets into that starting 11 and Cho has to do a little bit more to force Willian out......just imho.

Nice time for a break...hopefully no new Injuries and then......City.

How did young Scottish kid Gilmore do?

A promising talent, great to see youngsters getting a chance under Lampard.

Also, do they have transfer ban in Jan?

4 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

Game of opinions i know.....but i don,t think we can better that back 4, I,ve always had Reece for the future in-front of Dave and Emerson in-front of Alonso,Tomori is just so solid and pace in abundance, cant really split a fully fit Rudiger from Zouma,but after Zouma,s bad injury and having to play "hoof it" football for 3 years at both Stoke and Everton and then having to learn how to play out from the back for us....well he keeps his place for me.  I have Marc Ghuehi in-front of Christensen so imo our defence is solid.

Only a fully fit and back to his best Loftus Cheek gets into that starting 11 and Cho has to do a little bit more to force Willian out......just imho.

Nice time for a break...hopefully no new Injuries and then......City.

Not necessarily on this forum, but the number of people that think Rudiger and Loftus -Cheek will come marching back in and fit seamlessly into the line up, as though they haven't been away, is astonishing. Both have had bad injuries and will need three or four games to get anywhere near their best, after long lay offs. You could see Kante was clearing away the cobwebs yesterday in a solid but fairly low key introduction after injury. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, hackjam said:

How did young Scottish kid Gilmore do?

He looks so young, like 14. Only got minutes to play.

• Like 1