The Official Chelsea FC Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

1st line up...hmmm Jorg and Kovatic.(not sure)..Dave in for his experience over Reece ..fair enough....no Mount probably his loyalty to Frank and mxed emotions (so sit this one out...again fair enough) Alonso and Emerson on the bench(that is strange) but then he could be prepping Alonso for the Totts game(loves playing them)

Nervous as f@@k i am...good luck boys...????

9 minutes ago, keithsimmonds said:

1st line up...hmmm Jorg and Kovatic.(not sure)..Dave in for his experience over Reece ..fair enough....no Mount probably his loyalty to Frank and mxed emotions (so sit this one out...again fair enough) Alonso and Emerson on the bench(that is strange) but then he could be prepping Alonso for the Totts game(loves playing them)

Nervous as f@@k i am...good luck boys...????

Should be interesting. With all of Chelsea's talent they are always worth a watch.

I thought there was some good signs of things to come. In the last ten games under Frank, we've had a back five of Azpilcueta/James, Rudiger/Zouma, Silva, Chilwell and Mendy, who played as a kind of golkeeping sweeper. Here, I counted that we intentionally played the ball back to him three times in the whole game. In other words, we were proactive in our play. Kovacic's passing and movement was superb throughout, but we needed more driving runs into their penalty area from Havertz, than the one he did in the first half. He's well capable of doing that. Put the opposing defence in panic mode rather than flit around the edges. I like the back three but putting Chilwell, as an attacking wing back in this type of game was a mistake. Compare his contribution to Hudson -Odoi's.Mount came on and looked far more potent than Ziyech in the midfield role. We can expect a similar game against Burnley after this trial run of an opposing packed defence, so Tuchel should have a very good idea of his starting line up against them.

Not to bad, for openers ,as Wolves beat us, only a short time back.

TT ,naturally need,s time to settle in, and vice a versa for the squad,perhap,s end of Feb  we will see if Lamp,s nosedive  has been aborted and a challenge for a C/L place restored.

A dire 1st half imo but better in the 2nd half...fortunately or not Wolves didn,t really test us at all such is the state of limbo they are currently in....but we never really looked like losing and given a small piece of luck could easily have won.

I must admit and this really does pain me to say it but if Tommy Tuchel wants to play with a lwb then Alonso is much better than Chilwell......there i,ve said it. ????......i,ll get me coat.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

Alonso starts!!

Going to have to watch this one from behind the sofa!!

Time for Werner to shine????please.

You can come out now Keef. Your old fullbacks have won you 3 points.

• Like 1

Missed the 1st goal as i was trying to tie a rope round one of the iron girders in our house.  2nd goal haven,t laughed so much at a goal being scored by us since Hazards belter against you know who...well Leicester fans know????.

What can you say....i saw it coming.  Pretty sure that the double decker bus manager will target  that right side of the pitch on Thursday....then again he might not.

As for today i thought 2nd half was 10 times better than the 1st...Mount Cho and Pulisic were very good along with Jorg and Kovatic pulling the strings....my Motm would be Thiago Silva...didn,t put a foot wrong and organized those around him imo. Great move by Tuchel to hook Abrahams no impact at all...Burnley should get in quick and loan him for the rest of the season,becuase this squad does not need a striker ...the Conte and Sarri play of a false no 9 would suit us down to the ground imho. Well done boys.

TT first win,with very little  side  and back passing and through the middle tactic was employed instead, under back three formation. Very  Very early days yet,but a promising start in a season, of ups and downs,experienced by most clubs in the EPL

• Like 2

15 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

Missed the 1st goal as i was trying to tie a rope round one of the iron girders in our house.  2nd goal haven,t laughed so much at a goal being scored by us since Hazards belter against you know who...well Leicester fans know????.

What can you say....i saw it coming.  Pretty sure that the double decker bus manager will target  that right side of the pitch on Thursday....then again he might not.

As for today i thought 2nd half was 10 times better than the 1st...Mount Cho and Pulisic were very good along with Jorg and Kovatic pulling the strings....my Motm would be Thiago Silva...didn,t put a foot wrong and organized those around him imo. Great move by Tuchel to hook Abrahams no impact at all...Burnley should get in quick and loan him for the rest of the season,becuase this squad does not need a striker ...the Conte and Sarri play of a false no 9 would suit us down to the ground imho. Well done boys.

Why would you want to tie a rope around a girder? The first half wasn't THAT bad Keith. Abraham's first touch was amateurish. We can't afford that against Spurs. I'm holding my head over Werner. He makes great runs but his first touch is like a kitten on hot bricks. I'd put Pulisic as the false nine against Spurs. This could be a cagy game with neither team wanting to commit.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, oldgit said:

Why would you want to tie a rope around a girder? The first half wasn't THAT bad Keith. Abraham's first touch was amateurish. We can't afford that against Spurs. I'm holding my head over Werner. He makes great runs but his first touch is like a kitten on hot bricks. I'd put Pulisic as the false nine against Spurs. This could be a cagy game with neither team wanting to commit.

I don,t like repeats and that 1st half was a repeat of the Wolves game,(1st Half)so many misplaced passes and ballooned shots and passes against a team that just didn,t do Jack ss<deleted>. But Dave took his goal well so all was good at the break. Alonso eh what can you say,when i saw him on Tuesday with the yellow bib on i just knew he was gonna feature at some point...and what a cracking goal...only he could have scored that.

I did hear though that he got the hump with "Opta" apparently he asked to see a "heat map " showing his movements throughout the second half...they just laughed.!!!

As for Tammy he has a place on the bench....and that,s the best he can hope for. Werner...he does make the right moves and sometimes the ball is just not quick enough to get to him or the players consciously don,t play that ball to him to spare his blushes....he will come good.

Still overall it,s been a very good start for TT and we have picked up points in the plus column against 6 of the 8 sides who were/are above us.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

Warming to TT.....3 straight opening questions at his press conference all Totts related ..about Mou, Kane and then Delli...he asks reporter"You sure your at the right press conference" :clap2:

He's going to have to get used to the inane questions, the English so called "football reporters" are going to ask him very quickly. For example, "How much does it mean for Chelsea to beat Spurs?" If it was me, I'd say "About 12% worth, I couldn't care a f#$%, one way or other you <deleted>".

• Like 1

Absoulately over the moon.with our win over Loser Levy,s Spursy drop kick  of a team,managed by Yesterday,s Hero ,Moaning Mou.

I,am mildly happy with our improved defence and midfeild  showing,but the final third  is still not firing to my liking,s.

But sure TandT will load the bulletts in due course.????

• Like 2

I don't know what Spurs were supposed to be doing in the first half, but it was a stroll for us. I got a bit edgy with Silva coming off but, in a funny sort of way, Christenson would be the ideal replacement in our squad. No where near the class of Silva of course, but he's good with the ball at his feet and can pick a pass. Mason got the Man Of The Match nod but I thought Kovacic was brilliant again.

• Like 1

Perhap,s not a convincing win,but The Blade,s are a  fighting outfit,and well drilled.

Anchored on the bottom of the EPL is a mystery to many ,myself included

T and T  is still tinkering,with his handy squad,and picking up valuable points.

My MOM was Lamp,s son Mount,and a splendid shift put in by Werner ,who only need,s to nick a goal,and that will start a goal feast IMO.????

• Like 2

Thought Chilwell rightly got hooked last night...very clumsy with that offside penalty challenge...Jorg painfully slow and culpable along with Rudiger for that og....but cant fault his work rate and a 2nd well taken penalty in a week. We could and should have scored more imo

Expect TT to make wholesale changes for the Cup game with Barnsley on Thursday...and maybe try out another system as well??

Don,t expect to see Werner or Mount or Kovacic...start... Kepa Zouma Gilmour Emerson Anjorin Abrahams Ziyech and Havertz (if fit) are nailed on starters.

Onwards and upwards.

• Like 2

Another welcome 3 points,and a C/L place ????.

Very early day,s for T and T, but the lights,are at  least turned on again ,at The Bridge .with his Squad Tinkering.

In a short space of time,he is proving to have a abundance of tactical nous ,but again still very early days,but absoulately very promising times MAY lay ahead????