The Official Chelsea FC Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

2 hours ago, deej said:

Another welcome 3 points,and a C/L place ????.

Very early day,s for T and T, but the lights,are at  least turned on again ,at The Bridge .with his Squad Tinkering.

In a short space of time,he is proving to have a abundance of tactical nous ,but again still very early days,but absoulately very promising times MAY lay ahead????

Like the emphasis on the word "May".  I,ll be honest i was thuucking gobsmacked throughout that hole 93 minutes starting with his selection of kepa,right through to the very end with us winning a game with what is and has to be the 4 slowest Chelsea players ever to be on the pitch at the same time...Alonso Christensen Jorginho and Dave.  Newcastle and Steve Bruce were woeful in that 1st half and for them not to target Kepa Dave and Alonso was ...shameful to say the least...they got what they deserved. 2nd half was better for them and worse for us as TT did not recognize how poor Jorginho was playing,should have subbed him (within 10 minutes)but subbed Mount instead, who to be fair did not have his best game. What did i like?? I liked Werner,s work rate non stop....but the best moment for me was Reece James, 1st involvement in the game gets in the box and shoots.....something Cho and Kovacic will never do despite being in great positions.

We can say it was a good 1st half but honestly, it was only good cos Newcastle were so thuckking bad.

There will be a lot of head scratching within in the squad that,s for sure as players not playing will wonder what tf am i doing here.

That,s me done....off to see a psychiatrist now.????

• Like 1

2 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

Great to see u are on a roll again,need more then a psychiatrist,a nice big Fat Jolly instead????

From my observation ,the EPL this season is a real Jerkell and Hyde, anyone team can win , on any given day.

Therefore TandT, has in my view,come up trumps ,til this point of time,with his tinkering ,etc etc . Hammers and Ath,.Madrid match,s will give a good indication of his progress at Chelsea,and my hard earnt, will be on T and T 

Like the emphasis on the word "May".  I,ll be honest i was thuucking gobsmacked throughout that hole 93 minutes starting with his selection of kepa,right through to the very end with us winning a game with what is and has to be the 4 slowest Chelsea players ever to be on the pitch at the same time...Alonso Christensen Jorginho and Dave.  Newcastle and Steve Bruce were woeful in that 1st half and for them not to target Kepa Dave and Alonso was ...shameful to say the least...they got what they deserved. 2nd half was better for them and worse for us as TT did not recognize how poor Jorginho was playing,should have subbed him (within 10 minutes)but subbed Mount instead, who to be fair did not have his best game. What did i like?? I liked Werner,s work rate non stop....but the best moment for me was Reece James, 1st involvement in the game gets in the box and shoots.....something Cho and Kovacic will never do despite being in great positions.

We can say it was a good 1st half but honestly, it was only good cos Newcastle were so thuckking bad.

There will be a lot of head scratching within in the squad that,s for sure as players not playing will wonder what tf am i doing here.

Christenson slow? I don't think he's a snail like the other three mate. I saw him go with Son and he didn't get shown up. He's doing a fair enough job in Silva's absence I reckon. An excellent first half as we saw but the second half was chalk and cheese. I think it started when Kovacic, who was running the show in the first half, was pushed further forward, presumably to close down the keeper and their defence, but when they started hoisting it long to Joelinton and Carroll, he was in no mans land. With Kante partnering Jorginho. It just didn't work. Kovacic bails out Jorginho loads of time with his quick feet and turns to make space, but Kante who looks like he's still feeling his way back to his best, wasn't quite as effective and Jorginho was caught napping time a few times. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

Terrible football in the second half. I assumed both sides came to an agreement at halftime that they would do <deleted> all in the second period. 

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, jellydog said:

Terrible football in the second half. I assumed both sides came to an agreement at halftime that they would do <deleted> all in the second period. 

Sounds like you had 3-0 as well in the Prediction Comp.

• Sad 1

Okay i will give Tommy new shoes the benefit of the doubt and say he is still finding his feet and his strongest 11 and the best playing style that suits our squad.......but that was not it !!!

What he has achieved is to double the sell on fee for Kepa up to 20quid from a tenner and Alonso is also a lot nearer to gaining his 2nd Cap for Spain.....my arrrssse.
Tommy has got one more game to tinker and play with before the serious stuff starts in the following 6 games....no disrespect to Southampton but just like the pop group they are only going in "One Direction".....and it ain,t up.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

Okay i will give Tommy new shoes the benefit of the doubt and say he is still finding his feet and his strongest 11 and the best playing style that suits our squad.......but that was not it !!!

What he has achieved is to double the sell on fee for Kepa up to 20quid from a tenner and Alonso is also a lot nearer to gaining his 2nd Cap for Spain.....my arrrssse.
Tommy has got one more game to tinker and play with before the serious stuff starts in the following 6 games....no disrespect to Southampton but just like the pop group they are only going in "One Direction".....and it ain,t up.

May i ask,why you never stop slagging and slating Csea players, and now a new mngr who has only been at the helm ,a matter of weeks,and under the pump since day one ,who to his credit, has at least stopped Lamp,s nose dive to mid table or further.Perhaps has had a cushy draw ,but you can only beat what,s put in front of you,and lastly to remind you, this season the EPl ,in my view ,no gimme matchs, Ask M/U loss against The Blade,s anchored on the bottom

But K.S.

You have been death riding Kepa/Alonso and Company for the best part of a year,it,s  becoming rather tedious and boring to me, and now you have started on TandT, managerial and coaching alibilty,s, he has  barely been in the job a month,for peat,s sake give it a break!!!

8 minutes ago, deej said:

But K.S.

You have been death riding Kepa/Alonso and Company for the best part of a year,it,s  becoming rather tedious and boring to me, and now you have started on TandT, managerial and coaching alibilty,s, he has  barely been in the job a month,for peat,s sake give it a break!!!

Lighten up buddy whatever i say on here changes nothing....anyway watch  TT,s  press conference after the match and his anguish at how things went wrong right from within the 1st 2 minutes into the second half...he was honest....just like me????

We all have players we don,t rate or don,t like....i know you worshipped the ground that both Batshuyai and Bakayoko walked on :cheesy: ,you also said that both Christensen and Zouma will never play for Chelsea again...i don,t remember me ever taking issue with you of any player that you care to criticise.

Oh and despite whatever tactics or team TT puts out against the Saints...Chelsea for the 5th week running will be my 1-4 Banker.:thumbsup:

• Like 1

19 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

....i know you worshipped the ground that both Batshuyai and Bakayoko walked on :cheesy: ,you also said that both Christensen and Zouma will never play for Chelsea again...i don,t remember me ever taking issue with you of any player that you care to criticise.

I cannot recall ever worshipping Bat or Yoko,in fact the opposite.

With  Zouma and Christensen i did, but unlike you, left it at that,and never mentioned it again.

I,am a holder of NRL coaching certificate,and in my younger yrs,was coaching co-ordinator and representive selector of large Sydney club.

Therefore during my apprenticship  we were drilled ,not to  in any form to slag  players etc etc as you continually do.

That is what gets under my skin ,and  in addition it,s the same players,week after week????

1 hour ago, deej said:

I cannot recall ever worshipping Bat or Yoko,in fact the opposite.

With  Zouma and Christensen i did, but unlike you, left it at that,and never mentioned it again.

I,am a holder of NRL coaching certificate,and in my younger yrs,was coaching co-ordinator and representive selector of large Sydney club.

Therefore during my apprenticship  we were drilled ,not to  in any form to slag  players etc etc as you continually do.

That is what gets under my skin ,and  in addition it,s the same players,week after week????

Your worshipping of Bat<deleted> (as you used to call him)and Bakayoyo...that was humour mate but that went straight over your head...despite me putting in the laughing emoji.

You are far to sensitive...Aussie,s are some of the best sledgers in the world.... or so i thought.

My advice to you is go watch a football match the banter between both home and away fans ribbing there own players should have you in stitches......not tears.

• Like 2

Mount has not had a good half, not up to his usual stanard. I,d hook both Alonso and Abrahams. Cannot use the young and experience <deleted> on Arahams anymore, having played for England at every level and worked with Giroud for 3 seasobs now has learnt nothing imo.

56 minutes ago, keithsimmonds said:

Mount has not had a good half, not up to his usual stanard. I,d hook both Alonso and Abrahams. Cannot use the young and experience <deleted> on Arahams anymore, having played for England at every level and worked with Giroud for 3 seasobs now has learnt nothing imo.

Embarassing as our defence tried to play every thuckking move through Kovacic,even when the bloke was totally thuckking surrounded..... morons. Dont care whether TT has been in charge for six weeks or six thuccking minutes you would have to have lived on Mars not to know that playing Alonso every week is like playing with only 10 men.

Callum Hudson-Odoi: Winger's attitude reason behind substitution - Thomas Tuchel

How do do you guys feel about your manager coming out with this after the match. 

For me it’s a refreshing change to hear a manager being honest when asked a direct question about one of his players but I guess the argument will he whether it should be kept in house as some of the players can be such sensitive souls nowadays. 

3 hours ago, Kadilo said:

Callum Hudson-Odoi: Winger's attitude reason behind substitution - Thomas Tuchel

How do do you guys feel about your manager coming out with this after the match. 

For me it’s a refreshing change to hear a manager being honest when asked a direct question about one of his players but I guess the argument will he whether it should be kept in house as some of the players can be such sensitive souls nowadays. 

I am the worlds biggest open critic...but managers/coaches should do that behind closed doors ..keep it in house imho.

Cho could have a sympathetic friend who aint getting a look in at present then all of a sudden you got unrest building in the squad...that is not healthy. Just my opinion though.????

I am the worlds biggest open critic...but managers/coaches should do that behind closed doors ..keep it in house imho.

Cho could have a sympathetic friend who aint getting a look in at present then all of a sudden you got unrest building in the squad...that is not healthy. Just my opinion though.????

A very ordinary performance by all player,s, still no cutting edge  final thirty metres a  away point gained is the best case scenerio.

Cho put down tools to TandT accessment and not tried a inch, therefore became a Sub of a Sub, I,am behind TandT decision and honesty  that followed,  many young player,s  these modern days get paid way to much,,which inflate their ego,s ,etc etc

Remember Mou doing the same to a player, in his first stint at Csea ,and no fall out followed.

Any  good mngr call,s the shot,s not the players,whether right or wrong,the final buck stop,s  with him????

Edited by deej

3 hours ago, deej said:

A very ordinary performance by all player,s, still no cutting edge  final thirty metres a  away point gained is the best case scenerio.

Cho put down tools to TandT accessment and not tried a inch, therefore became a Sub of a Sub, I,am behind TandT decision and honesty  that followed,  many young player,s  these modern days get paid way to much,,which inflate their ego,s ,etc etc

Remember Mou doing the same to a player, in his first stint at Csea ,and no fall out followed.

Any  good mngr call,s the shot,s not the players,whether right or wrong,the final buck stop,s  with him????

Nothing wrong with subbing a sub but calling out one of your players in public surely can't be a good move. 

We should have p****d against this mob. We started as though we were going to score a hatful against a side bereft of confidence but, we wasted our chances, they grew in belief and then, our passing and movement became predictable and slow. Too many touches on the ball meant they were given the time to organise themselves. With the exception of Kovacic , who made more mistakes in this game than the previous six under Tuchel but at least drove forward, Kante who was excellent and, to a certain extent Mount, the rest of the offensive unit were dismal. Abraham and Alonso were poor, but I was particularly disappointed with James as an attacking force. He became more anonymous as the game wore on.

The 'subbing the sub' episode was a surprise to me. Granted Hudson -Odoi was ordinary while he was on. He didn't seem to know what his role was, but Werner was equally as bad and should have been hooked before him. Hopefully, Hudson -Odoi man's up, takes this snub on the chin and reacts in a positive way by proving Tuchel wrong henceforth instead of sulking and worrying about his standing in the squad.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

To use someone's words, because "managers/coaches should do that behind closed doors ..keep it in house imho."make

Yes correct BB, but TandT is a straight shooter,

BB  how can any dinky di,mngr,make a decsion to Sub a Sub takes a lot of fortitude,and full mark,s to TandT  he was on the money.

11 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

Best plan/tactic/formation for Tuesday night against Atm.....where that Pink kit it will confuse the <deleted> out of em.:shock1:

It will be interesting to see what tactics Tuchel employs against the leaders of La Liga. Giroud must play. He likes scoring against Spanish sides.

• Like 1