The Official Chelsea FC Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

13 hours ago, deej said:

Yes correct BB, but TandT is a straight shooter,

BB  how can any dinky di,mngr,make a decsion to Sub a Sub takes a lot of fortitude,and full mark,s to TandT  he was on the money.

Did his genius use of subs get the three points? No, thought not. And as for his cringeworthy prancing along the touchline that's just embarrassing.

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

Not a clue as to who starts tomorrow...Chilwell or Emerson for sure....the rest any ones guess.?

Thiago won't be ready so I reckon Christensen alongside Rudiger and Azpilicueta. Kante's nearing his best so I'll have him alongside Kovacic for this with Hudson -Odoi starting on wide right and Emerson wide left, then Giroud up front with Mount and Pulisic. Plenty of energy in that team! I wouldn't touch Ziyech with a barge pole at the moment. He's totally out of sorts. Have Werner standing by on the subs. bench although he's entitled to start really. Man of the Match before the Saints game. I don't think Herr Thomas will be saving a few players for Sunday's big game. He can't afford to have half hearted types for this one. Havertz is ready to play. He's got bags of skill and it's only a matter of when not if with him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, oldgit said:

Thiago won't be ready so I reckon Christensen alongside Rudiger and Azpilicueta. Kante's nearing his best so I'll have him alongside Kovacic for this with Hudson -Odoi starting on wide right and Emerson wide left, then Giroud up front with Mount and Pulisic. Plenty of energy in that team! I wouldn't touch Ziyech with a barge pole at the moment. He's totally out of sorts. Have Werner standing by on the subs. bench although he's entitled to start really. Man of the Match before the Saints game. I don't think Herr Thomas will be saving a few players for Sunday's big game. He can't afford to have half hearted types for this one. Havertz is ready to play. He's got bags of skill and it's only a matter of when not if with him.

Your team looks OK Og,the real positive thing for TT is that he can make 5 subs if necessary...to coin a phrase "could be a game changer"????

• Like 1

Excellent result only Giroud could score that type of goal.Another great performance from Mount who received a ridiculous yellow card. Werner worked hard all night as usual.Ziyech when he came on played some great balls and even Havertz little cameo was good along with Kante...only shame is we cant have 5 subs in the Epl. Well done TT definitely done Simeone up like a kipper....oh and Suarez will not go unnoticed in the 2nd leg as he will be the one wearing a Dress....Tart.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

Excellent result only Giroud could score that type of goal.Another great performance from Mount who received a ridiculous yellow card. Werner worked hard all night as usual.Ziyech when he came on played some great balls and even Havertz little cameo was good along with Kante...only shame is we cant have 5 subs in the Epl. Well done TT definitely done Simeone up like a kipper....oh and Suarez will not go unnoticed in the 2nd leg as he will be the one wearing a Dress....Tart.

The game reminded me of Spurs #2. They showed no interest in closing us down in the first half, which allowed our midfield to dominate. They played like they were in a Simeone straitjacket. It was only after our goal that they came out of their shell and showed some quick, intelligent passing and movement. However, we were outstanding in defending our lead, everybody putting in an impressive shift and getting organised. Christensen had one of his best games for us. It's vital that we show the same concentration, flair and resilience in the second leg, because they are a dangerous side. Yeah Keith, the subs. all showed what they can do.

3 hours ago, deej said:

That was like a Dead Rubber,match, Fullstop.

Really mate? I thought it was a good game to watch with plenty of skilful football by two evenly matched teams....but we created the better chances. I thought we dealt with their high press extremely well, playing the ball out from the back with precision. Plenty of good performances of note with Rudiger the man of the match for me. What it showed is that we are a team full of confidence, willing to work and hard to beat. We just need to put away the chances. A very good place to start would be Anfield!

• Like 2

^^^^^^????

Better then last Nil Nil ,against MU, but like to see us,score  more then one goal,only even once in awhile????

TandT has certainly improved us ,particular defence ,slowsince taking over from Lamps,but we are crying out for some goals????

Edited by deej
slow internet connection
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, oldgit said:

Really mate? I thought it was a good game to watch with plenty of skilful football by two evenly matched teams....but we created the better chances. I thought we dealt with their high press extremely well, playing the ball out from the back with precision. Plenty of good performances of note with Rudiger the man of the match for me. What it showed is that we are a team full of confidence, willing to work and hard to beat. We just need to put away the chances. A very good place to start would be Anfield!

Yep, an entertaining game despite no goals. I particularly enjoyed Rudiger's brief tete-a-tete with young lad McTominay. Very funny that, and Rudiger seemed to be enjoying himself throughout the match.

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

That,s not nice...... I always "stand up "when your mob play.....

I got away with that ????.....aghhhh i can feel a song coming on....i,ll start.... join in when your ready...... "Stand up if you.....

Good win in which everyone played there part...gotta have a few hospital passes thrown in to keep everyone on there toes.....just adds to the drama. Cant really pick a motm....Werner non stop and unlucky to have that goal ruled out, Mount great goal and all round play excellent Christensen Rudiger solid at the back...Kante everywhere as usual....probably give it to TT who is finding his best match day squad....and making subs at the right time.

• Like 2

Absoulately vital away win ,at the crumbling fortress Ainfeild. As K.S . correctly posted,perhaps T and T for M O M due to his astute tinkering and subbing with his strong squad at his disposal,but lo and behold a  Csea poster on this thread very recently tore strips off him  for his handling of the massive  job that he inherited  from Lamp,s tenure, etc etc????????????

So far, so good,for TandT but Eton is next ,always a tough nut to crack  for The Blue,s????

5 hours ago, deej said:

Absoulately vital away win ,at the crumbling fortress Ainfeild. As K.S . correctly posted,perhaps T and T for M O M due to his astute tinkering and subbing with his strong squad at his disposal,but lo and behold a  Csea poster on this thread very recently tore strips off him  for his handling of the massive  job that he inherited  from Lamp,s tenure, etc etc????????????

So far, so good,for TandT but Eton is next ,always a tough nut to crack  for The Blue,s????

Only one home defeat in 28 Premier league matches against Everton is nothing to be sniffed at....but history is always ready to be rewritten ....3-1 banker 4 me...gotta concede some time i suppose ????

• 2 weeks later...

^^^^Nicely summed up ,

OG ????When on song,Leeds are ,in my view, the biggest bananna skin,in the EPL.

so arguably,a vital away point,towards this gigantic tussle for a C/L place.

King Kante , 

I would,nt swap him, for any  present EPL midfeilder,he gives all, every match  ,that will do me anytime

Edited by deej
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, oldgit said:

We can't have too many complaints on this match. A point is about all we deserved. I don't think we played badly at all, it was that Leeds were very good in closing down our midfield when we started to set up an attack. Defensively, we were very sound again with Mendy bringing off a couple of crucial stops. There's no doubt that, with Kalvin Phillips in midfield, Leeds are a much stronger, tighter team. I've looked on a couple of other Chelsea forums and noticed that Kante has got a fair amount of stick. Why? Gawd knows, because his energy and tackling were top notch. Maybe our finishing was not the best but we were up against a disciplined, quick team who, all the time Phillips stays fit, will be a tough nut to crack, especially at home.

I must admit i thought Kante was at the start of everything we did good. Pitch looks excellent for growing spuds on.

• Like 2

Pleasing win, next up City.....  City will have to do it the hard way to win it (beating all top 4 teams in the prem) they've already beaten United and will have to face Chelsea and most likely Leicester.  Fair play to them if they win it.  ????we best them in the semi. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

Nice to see TT doing his nut on the bench...both Chilwell and Cho will be getting it at h/t....bloke is a  perfectionist...good.

After the Lord Mayor's Show comes the dust cart. Too many players that started, not mentally with it for this game. That doesn't include young Billy who was always looking to get the ball forward.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, oldgit said:

After the Lord Mayor's Show comes the dust cart. Too many players that started, not mentally with it for this game. That doesn't include young Billy who was always looking to get the ball forward.

My grandad always used to say that! 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, stament said:

Pleasing win, next up City.....  City will have to do it the hard way to win it (beating all top 4 teams in the prem) they've already beaten United and will have to face Chelsea and most likely Leicester.  Fair play to them if they win it.  ????we best them in the semi. 

Don't understand your post.

1. I'm presuming you are talking about the FA Cup but City beat ManU in the Caraboa cup not the FA Cup.

2. For City to win the FA Cup we've got to beat the top 4 in the PL? What are clubs joining together against us? We're in the Semi so there's only 2 possible opponents in the competition, Chelsea in the Semi and the winner of Soton vs Leicester.

Edited by Bredbury Blue