The Official Chelsea FC Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

I am not one for stats but this one takes some beating......If Chelsea win this seasons FA Cup then 16 of the last 25 Fa cups will have been won by London clubs..

Arsenal   8

Chelsea 8

Spurs      0

Edited by keithsimmonds
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Even my <deleted> club Sunderland have won the same number of English titles as Chelsea and Man City. And Tottenham have been champions of England twice. What a joke! Everton and Aston Villa are two clubs with more league titles. 

This European Super League is nothing but a league of clubs with greedy owners. 

Interesting that no German clubs have opted to join yet. They currently have the best attendances, best value ticketing and best all round fan experience. 

9 hours ago, Sunderland said:

Even my <deleted> club Sunderland have won the same number of English titles as Chelsea and Man City. And Tottenham have been champions of England twice. What a joke! Everton and Aston Villa are two clubs with more league titles. 

Interesting that no German clubs have opted to join yet. They currently have the best attendances, best value ticketing and best all round fan experience. 

Pleased to see the backlash forced Chelsea and City to react and then the rest of the cards came tumbling down.  Whilst I am still very angry that my club Chelsea signed up to it albeit at the last minute with City allegedly, I'm still severely disappointed by them.

That being said, I feel a bit of relief and some very, very small tinge of happiness (or not unhappiness maybe is a better way of describing it) that Chelsea and City were the ones who withdrew first.  It shows that these two clubs weren't overly-happy with it but nevertheless went along with it probably through fear of being excluded.  Both have rich owners and don't have the debt that Spurs, United and Liverpool have.  Still we were wrong of course but at least Roman and City's leadership realised their mistake (only after the huge backlash) and probably realised this wasn't a game they could win, especially if the government introduced laws/restrictions.

I'm not proud at all, but I am certainly happier than I was on Sunday.  I am proud of the whole footballing world and that includes the fans of these breakaway clubs as it was only the owners who wanted this not the players, fans, etc.

BB - well done to your club in withdrawing and forcing their hand too. 

Yesterday was a win for all supporters, it will be interesting to see what comes out of Spain and Italy.  

Have great day all, BB included ????

I do feel the furor around the match last night impacted us and I'm very annoyed about that. as we dropped valuable points.

Guessing UEFA will be 100% behind PSG winning this years CL now 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Sunderland said:

Agree, the German model is one I admire and envy.  I hope the government will now force something like this.  This SL may even turn out to be a benefit as it's focused the government on the issue now and I don't think they can afford to let it quietly go away as they have seen the power of fan/player power and they need to do something if they want their votes come the next election!

#fanpower

Wow that really was a painful watch...????????leicester at home October ish 1977 down the away end (North Stand)no cover pi$$ed down all night ...shocking 0-0.

Still been a funny ol week so far and we just have to put that behind us and get back on it for West Ham and then Real Badrid. Cotc

• Like 2

Much much better than the other night,quick passing led to that goal and Werner deserved it imo. He should have put the game to bed long before that sending off and Mason was also very unlucky not to have put at least one away. Kante as ever was everywhere,bloody exhausting just watching him. ????

• Like 2

11 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

Much much better than the other night,quick passing led to that goal and Werner deserved it imo. He should have put the game to bed long before that sending off and Mason was also very unlucky not to have put at least one away. Kante as ever was everywhere,bloody exhausting just watching him. ????

Vital win....  On to Tuesday, I'm guessing the senior Execs won't travel to Spain to avoid what could be an awkward situation.....

Hazard might play some part in the game..........  KTBFFH

1 hour ago, stament said:

Vital win....  On to Tuesday, I'm guessing the senior Execs won't travel to Spain to avoid what could be an awkward situation.....

Hazard might play some part in the game..........  KTBFFH

It wont be awkward as Madrid sent an email to Bruce Buck last Thursday,it said ...." See You Next Tuesday"...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, keithsimmonds said:

Gutted 1-1 h/t we should and oould be 3 goals better them,so many chances created by both Kante and Pulisic. Cotc

1-1 seems like a loss.  Great finish by Benzema, I was wary of him as he's been in great form this season.

6 hours ago, stament said:

1-1 seems like a loss.  Great finish by Benzema, I was wary of him as he's been in great form this season.

As Herr Tom said, we were electric in the first half but ran out of steam in the second, definitely due to the short time between this and the West Ham game. I'm praying that Zidane will keep his 'dream duo', Kroos and Modric for the second leg as they were static against a vibrant Kante led midfield. Too many players in their squad living on past reputations. We need to blow them away at the Bridge and stick the ball in the bloody net more often.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

This comes under the heading Harsh but Accurate "Pulisic had another chance to play Werner in minutes later but decided against it which proved a master-stroke as he gave Chelsea the lead.....Sky Sports...got a luv em.????

Practically all the Sky Sports 'pundits' are one step up from the 'Missing Link'. Where do they find these half wits? Some bird on there this morning said "Benzema is one of the most under rated striker's in world football." By who? He's been around since God was a Boy and scored a million goals. Anything to do with the fact he scored the Real Madrid goal last night and she's just fell on him?

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, oldgit said:

Practically all the Sky Sports 'pundits' are one step up from the 'Missing Link'. Where do they find these half wits? Some bird on there this morning said "Benzema is one of the most under rated striker's in world football." By who? He's been around since God was a Boy and scored a million goals. Anything to do with the fact he scored the Real Madrid goal last night and she's just fell on him?

I heard City had a good performance last night and scored 2 important away goals so they are in a better position than us to progress.  Chelsea love all English ties, a 3rd European final for us against City maybe......?  (United & Arsenal). 

Interestingly, we've never lost to Real (although we've only played 4 times now) and the ECWC final was a 1-1 draw followed by a 2-1 win in the replay- is history going to repeat itself?  Let's hope so..............

???????? KTBFFH!

7 hours ago, stament said:

The Saints did us a favour last night, let's hope United can win this weekend and we don't slip up against Fulham.

Thankfully it is in our own hands....or Tommy T,s should i say. Big game for certain players tonight as i am sure Tommy will chuck a few rarely used players in..namely Abrahams Gilmour Giroud Emerson and Cho will probably start.

1 hour ago, keithsimmonds said:

Thankfully it is in our own hands....or Tommy T,s should i say. Big game for certain players tonight as i am sure Tommy will chuck a few rarely used players in..namely Abrahams Gilmour Giroud Emerson and Cho will probably start.

Agree, it's in our own hands as we also play Leicester but having said that we also have to play City and Arsenal and whilst they are out of form it's a London derby as is Fulham who are fighting for survival.

Strange line up for me,dont see any support for Billy (might not need it i suppose) ie no Jorginho or kovacic or Kante, i never really see Mount or Havertz as dm,s.

Line up to me (with both James & Chilwell) says get out there and have this game done by half-time.....or else. Cotc

5 hours ago, stament said:

we also have to play City 

That could be tricky for both of us. If Liverpool win tomorrow the PL is ours if not, we need another point or 2 and all that after us both playing the last leg of CL semi

5 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

That could be tricky for both of us. If Liverpool win tomorrow the PL is ours if not, we need another point or 2 and all that after us both playing the last leg of CL semi

Indeed.... Im hoping United win for once 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, deej said:

Nice comfortable Derby win,for a change, and a massive 3 points.

Difficult weeks lay ahead, one match at a time,is my call????

Fair play to Fulham for making a game of it. When I look at their line up with all that skill and pace, I'm astonished how they've got themselves in the mire.

Billy had his work cut out being the only defensive midfield player on view but, bar a couple of blips, did exceptionally well against a quick Fulham front three who weren't holding back on the press. Interesting that Thiago was confident to give him the ball in tight situations. Werner continues to impress with his work rate and intelligent running off the ball but couldn't hit a barn door with a banjo. Havertz is pure class and Mount is a vital player for us now.

• Like 1