The Official Chelsea FC Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

23 minutes ago, oldgit said:

Fair play to Fulham for making a game of it. When I look at their line up with all that skill and pace, I'm astonished how they've got themselves in the mire.

Billy had his work cut out being the only defensive midfield player on view but, bar a couple of blips, did exceptionally well against a quick Fulham front three who weren't holding back on the press. Interesting that Thiago was confident to give him the ball in tight situations. Werner continues to impress with his work rate and intelligent running off the ball but couldn't hit a barn door with a banjo. Havertz is pure class and Mount is a vital player for us now.

Confident.....both Thiago and James took it in turns to put Billy in "<deleted>ters ditch"...thanks for that pals.

Ziyech worked hard and covered a lot of ground....Pulisic ....saved for wed night/thurs am.

As a City fan I prefer Real Madrid. When Chelsea have been good lately they have been very good. If City can harness Benzema I like their chances. Chelsea have too many options when they are on top of their game.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

Good luck tonight. Here’s wishing for an all PL final. 

Thanks i hope we dont need it...we should have finished this tie last week i just hope we dont have to look back at that game as what could have been.

As for your team...win your 4 remaining games and you will be in it next season...it,s in your hands. almost impossible for both us and Leicester to get more than 70 points which would knock you out.

29 minutes ago, keithsimmonds said:

Thanks i hope we dont need it...we should have finished this tie last week i just hope we dont have to look back at that game as what could have been.

As for your team...win your 4 remaining games and you will be in it next season...it,s in your hands. almost impossible for both us and Leicester to get more than 70 points which would knock you out.

Yes it should have been out of their reach but I still think you have too

much for them. They looked an ageing tired side so I’m gong for a 2-0 win. 
Yes we have 4 winnable games on paper but we will see. I don’t think any of us are believing it will happen tbh. 

5 hours ago, Kadilo said:

. They looked an ageing tired side so I’m gong for a 2-0 win. 

Ahem!

PS well done Should have a lot more. RM need to rebuild, they look past it going by that second half performance. 

Edited by Kadilo
  • Like 2

Cant pick a motm....thought Dave was excellent..so too Rudiger a couple of cracking saves from Mendy at key moments,front 3 never stopped moving all over the place, Siva solid so too Jorgi boy and the "Rash" Kante.... cos he was everywhere.....have to go with Tommy T then....he knows what he,s doing.

Edited by keithsimmonds
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

Cant pick a motm....thought Dave was excellent..so too Rudiger a couple of cracking saves from Mendy at key moments,front 3 never stopped moving all over the place, Siva solid so too Jorgi boy and the "Rash" Kante.... cos he was everywhere.....have to go with Tommy T then....he knows what he,s doing.

Havertz also had a good game, linked the play well and looks very elegant on the ball. Just lacked a goal. Some immense performances, nobody has an average game, every single one performed. 

• Like 1

On 5/6/2021 at 6:13 PM, stament said:

Havertz also had a good game, linked the play well and looks very elegant on the ball. Just lacked a goal. Some immense performances, nobody has an average game, every single one performed. 

Chilwell could learn a lot from watching Dave imho .Dave was all over his man in that second half(easier to see from this side of the pitch)he never gave him an inch let alone a yard,where as Chilwell 1st half gave his bloke far too much time and space.imo

• Like 2

10 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

Chilwell could learn a lot from watching Dave imho .Dave was all over his man in that second half(easier to see from this side of the pitch)he never gave him an inch let alone a yard,where as Chilwell 1st half gave his bloke far too much time and space.imo

aka Mr Dependable

1 minute ago, stament said:

aka Mr Dependable

News emerging that 9 of the rengade SL  clubs will pay fines towards charities and grass roots.  The remaining SL participants will have wider sanctions - let's hope they get a European ban to stop Perez in his tracks.  Glazers said they will personally pay the fine not MU.  Roman and Sheikh Al Mansour already bankroll their clubs so it doesn't make a difference if they say they will pay it themselves or not LOL besides the FPP implications.  Wonder what Kronke will do and Joe Lewis.

I am glad that UEFA have decided two separate punishments.  I was also hoping that City and us would receive a lesser charge due to us both not being drivers behind the SL (unlike United who were supposed to be one of the main drivers) and also by the fact that our clubs realised their mistake and took action to leave the SL before it got started.  Maybe if that hadn't happened it wouldn't have collapsed, at least not as quickly as I think United, Arsenal and Spurs panicked when we both withdraw.  

Fair play to CIty and Chelsea, whilst I like all fans was very angry that they agreed to join (and the manner in which it happened) my anger lessened slightly when we were one of the first to admit our mistake.  Roman listened to the fans, he is a fan at heart although perhaps not quite as much of a fan as this man.....

• Like 1

Good enough starting 11 to give "walk it in city" a game.....would have preferred Emerson to Alonso myself.

Young rwb Tino livramento on the bench which is good for him. See if Ziyech has his wand with him today...hope so. cotc

7 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

Well done Tommy T and well done Billy Gilmour held his own in that game. Thoroughly deserved win.

I wonder if Aguerro has ever attempted a chipped penalty before? Whatever, he made himself look a complete <deleted> and kept us in the game. We were a bit passive in the first half but far more aggressive in the second. Hudson- Odoi looked sharp when he came on.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, oldgit said:

I wonder if Aguerro has ever attempted a chipped penalty before? Whatever, he made himself look a complete <deleted> and kept us in the game. We were a bit passive in the first half but far more aggressive in the second. Hudson- Odoi looked sharp when he came on.

Yeah he did look a bit of a Kun(T).  2 more Epl wins for us and we are done.

I could put a table showing comparisons with the age and appearances and minutes on the pitch of some of our players compared to other players from the Epl and Europe..... who no longer play the game.....but that would just be childish and irrelevant....know what i mean.??

• Like 2

A good win, second half performance was better.  Don't think it will have any resemblance on the final, which will be another one off with different players.  That being said, good for confidence and furthering our stake for top 4.#

Nice to see Werner finish even if he was offside, he needs to time his runs more intelligently as he has the speed.  His confidence is improving at the right time of the season!

James looks awesome going forward and his crosses are so dangerous.  Shame for him he has to battle Dave as it might impact his England claims.  Good for Chelsea though.  When is Kovacic due back?  Any news on Christensen's injury?

• Like 2

Massive win and  3 points  to help cement a  CL place???? Hey fella,s your favourite whipping boy apart from Kepa????Alonso scored a critical goal, Tand T certainly  producing Rabbit,s  out of his hat,very tactical astute mngr,is

T and T

• Haha 1

On 5/7/2021 at 9:16 PM, keithsimmonds said:

Tuchel is a keeper.

On 5/8/2021 at 7:41 AM, stament said:

Glazers said they will personally pay the fine not MU.  Roman and Sheikh Al Mansour already bankroll their clubs

Agree with most of your post except the Sheikh hasn't bankrolled City for sometime and is no longer sole owner having sold 24% of his shares to Chinese and American investors.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Agree with most of your post except the Sheikh hasn't bankrolled City for sometime and is no longer sole owner having sold 24% of his shares to Chinese and American investors.

Oh dear not the Americans LOL good job he has a controlling majority then.

I do recall seeing he sold a stake now you mention it.  Wonder who will pay the fines.......which will be bigger this year as we both got to the final LOL so extra wedge if it's just this year only.

I wonder what punishments the remaining 3 will receive.  I'm sure whatever they are given they will appeal.  The real winners in all this is the lawyers as usual $$$.

Send Aguero down the M1 to us, he'll be welcome.