The Official Chelsea FC Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

But for a bad error it would have been 2-0 as per my prediction.  Should have been a bigger margin if Werner could finish or stay onside ????

Nevermind, job done and onto Villa Park to complete the mission.

I do wonder if Werner is saving his shooting boots for the CL final, remember Torres in the semi against Barca!  

They never got a look in until Kovacic dwelt on the ball and let them in. We've got to stop giving passes from the back to players who are under pressure. The same happened against Arsenal. Still, that was a performance of dynamism and grit. Mike Dean is a referee who should be put out to grass. And Marriner doing VAR needs to go to Specsavers.

Werner was great and Rudiger...what a man!  It was worrying that Kante went off early and Werner went off with an ice pack on his knee. The ruck at the end was pure theatre.

• Like 2

Agree with you about Pulisic. He seems a bit leggy nowadays which is a far cry from last season. Whether he's carrying a slight injury, knackered or his confidence is low, we can only guess. Getting hauled down umpteen times didn't help but I reckon that he would have been away and gone, most of the time at his absolute best. He also looks as though he could do with a rest plus beefing up a bit.

Havertz had a slight strain apparently, so wasn't even in the squad while Kante felt his hamstring so came off before any lasting damage could be done.

Moving James to the back three was a good move by Thomas. I've seen on other forums that they're moaning about Azpilicueta playing right side midfield, as he's "no good going forward". Well, I don't know what Tuchel puts in his tea, but the man has found. new energy and a box of tricks to boot. He's got quick feet now and is impressive laying off the ball in tight situations.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

Got a funny feeling that Abrahams is going to feature at some point on Sunday (make it count Tammy)......hopefully we could be really smart and let Barkley play......why not??? ????

Interesting point about Barkley Keith, although I can't envisage Villa being overjoyed with the turn around, especially if he is to become a Villa player in the transfer window! As far as I know, there's nothing in the rules to stop Chelsea doing it. Maybe there's a clause in the two clubs loan contract.

7 minutes ago, oldgit said:

Interesting point about Barkley Keith, although I can't envisage Villa being overjoyed with the turn around, especially if he is to become a Villa player in the transfer window! As far as I know, there's nothing in the rules to stop Chelsea doing it. Maybe there's a clause in the two clubs loan contract.

Sorry bud. There is a rule banning players playing against their parent club in the Premier League.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

20 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Well said Chelsea supporters. Organising the final's arrangements for the fans has been a shambles.

Trust you'll be joining City fans in booing the UEFA anthem

E17CDcoWEAUozT5.png

Fair play to your chairman for paying for fans.

We got lucky, harsh for Leicester and Liverpool also got the rub of the green during their run in.  Seems like the normal order has been restored again, at least for another year.............

I know a couple of very happy hammers (finishing above Spurs)

2 minutes ago, deej said:

Very lucky to secure a C/L place,but will take it with joy, thks to Spursy????

Indeed.  Seems abnormal being happy that Spurs won.  Still at least it meant they can look forward to the European Vauxhall Conference League ????

Could write a book about that game...but wont. The referee achieved the usual standard for premiership referees....utterly fkin useless....I,ll warn Jack Grealish for his misdemeanours and then card the 1st Chelsea player to foul him....twatt.

The "suicide squad"(Kovacic & Jorginho) showed us what they learnt from Tuesday night......Nothing.!!!!

Pretty sure Chilwell would rather play with a balloon ...a football is maybe to solid for his delicate persona.

Still enough of the negatives....i thought Silva and Rudiger were okay and the rest were not....until Havertz and Ziyech came on and they made the players around them play much better notably Pulisic and Mount and even Chilwell became a little more robust and positive

You could say we were lucky (to finish 4th)......but 23 shots and 6 clear cut chances created 6 saves by there keeper and 5 shots blocked and no clear cut chances for Villa says otherwise. (crikey and we played badly)????????

Worried about next week....you must be joking.....Havertz to start and maybe Billy and Kante....but the trump card will hopefully be.... K.Walker.... an absolute cert to be carded within 10 minutes imho.????

6 hours ago, stament said:

We got lucky, harsh for Leicester and Liverpool also got the rub of the green during their run in.  Seems like the normal order has been restored again, at least for another year.............

I know a couple of very happy hammers (finishing above Spurs)

Liverpool got 26 points from 30 in their last 10 games, hardly rub or the green. You guys couldn't even rise to beat Villa to secure a CL place. May as well give City the trophy. 

Edited by R U MAN U U

51 minutes ago, R U MAN U U said:

Liverpool got 26 points from 30 in their last 10 games, hardly rub or the green. You guys couldn't even rise to beat Villa to secure a CL place. May as well give City the trophy. 

6 posts to date and 2 of them are on here??? You will get done for stalking...you do know that??

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, R U MAN U U said:

Don't look at the pure points, look at some of the incidents in the game, disallowed goals, etc.

I don't mind anyway. No difference in being 3rd and 4th besides 500k in cash.  Plus we played in extra FA cup and CL games during those 10 games you quote, so not really comparable.

At least we are at the table for the CL final.  What's your excuse?  Who do you support as I can't tell from your handle?

Edited by stament

3 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

6 posts to date and 2 of them are on here??? You will get done for stalking...you do know that??

Pure jealousy I'm guessing.  Let him have his little quotes, it just makes him look even more jealous ????

21 minutes ago, wilai said:

Actually, difference between 3rd instead of 4th was worth about 2m to LFC

I stand corrected, things have moved on a little since it was 500k per place, LOL 

USD 2m, no biggie for Roman.  I'm sure he will take the USD2m hit combined with revenue from  a CL final apperance and FA cup final revenue run over the USD 2m in PL prize money.