The Official Chelsea FC Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

Lukaku had stated he's definitely staying and has spoken with the next manager even though he's not been confirmed. So whilst Inter are desperate for cash and even if they contemplated selling him, the player wants to stay. 

9 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

Levy comes out tomorrow and states Kane can go to city or utd for 160....but if Chelsea want him it,s 200mil ..what does Roman say??

I don't know I'm not Roman why don't you ask him? ????

9 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

I,ll answer for you then...he say,s cash or cheque.  Levy then placates the fans as Chelsea have paid over the odds we chuck 4 to 5 unwanted players there way and that,s that.

There is some rivalry between the clubs....the fans on the other hand it,s pure thuccking hatred....you wont see me in anything that has "under armour" on it...and they don,t even sponsor them any more.

Oh, so you didn't ask Roman, instead you answer you own question? How convenient. 

Levy needs to tread very carefully after the ESL debacle and the failed José appointment which was costly. This move wouldn't be purely about money. 

Man City have already come out saying they will spend big. Who will City try to get to you think? Kane or Haaland logic would say with Kane bring lost likely. City have deeper pockets, whilst Roman is rich, they are a sovereign state just ask Laporte or Perez ????

Seems we could finally get some movement....

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9643609/Kylian-Mbappe-Real-Madrids-present-new-manager-Carlo-Ancelotti.html

Interesting that it quotes José as bring approached before appointing Carlo.

Following Ronaldo's statement it is clear he wants to leave. But there is also speculation of a return to Old Trafford. Looks like maybe we will get a striker merry-go-round to join the manager one we are experiencing.

It seems our striker options are reducing by the day. Lukaku and Haaland no, which leaves Kane (extremely unlikely IMO). If Icardi moves to Juve that's one less. Now we are into the realms of Belotti, Moreno Silva I guess.... Martinez possibly.  Do I hear a shout for Toney???

Surely to similar to Tammy.  Can't remember the last time we bought a topexperienced player from the Championship. I will discount Green and Shwarzer as they were at the end of their careers and bought purely as experienced backup's not first team players. Ron, I'm sure you can recall.

On 6/3/2021 at 6:21 AM, stament said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9643609/Kylian-Mbappe-Real-Madrids-present-new-manager-Carlo-Ancelotti.html

Following Ronaldo's statement it is clear he wants to leave. But there is also speculation of a return to Old Trafford. Looks like maybe we will get a striker merry-go-round to join the manager one we are experiencing.

It seems our striker options are reducing by the day. Lukaku and Haaland no, which leaves Kane (extremely unlikely IMO). If Icardi moves to Juve that's one less. Now we are into the realms of Belotti, Moreno Silva I guess.... Martinez possibly.  Do I hear a shout for Toney???

Surely to similar to Tammy.  Can't remember the last time we bought a topexperienced player from the Championship. I will discount Green and Shwarzer as they were at the end of their careers and bought purely as experienced backup's not first team players. Ron, I'm sure you can recall.

Personally I'd like to see Tammy given a decent chance. We appear to be in a strong position at the moment, European Champions and money in the bank. An interesting couple of months ahead!

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/3/2021 at 6:21 AM, stament said:

All over the place that we've agreed personal terms with Haaland. Now comes the hard part, negotiating a transfer fee with Borussia Dortmund.

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
On 6/17/2021 at 9:20 PM, oldgit said:

All over the place that we've agreed personal terms with Haaland. Now comes the hard part, negotiating a transfer fee with Borussia Dortmund.

Have we??  News to me.  I wonder if Haaland knows....

Edited by stament

Dujon Sterling impressed me in last nights game v Bournemouth even though he only got to to play the 1st half. Conor Gallagher was the only player to play the entire 90 minutes....can see him being loaned out again. Lotus Cheek looked okay in the deeper role he played towards the end of the game....both Broja and Ugbo took there chances well.

Out of the 14 players last night who were not in last seasons squad...only Sterling based on what i have seen of him in the past, might have a chance in this seasons squad...just my opinion though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stament said:

Have we??  News to me.  I wonder if Haaland knows

It appears not.

Erling Haaland to

about Chelsea bid rumours: “Before yesterday I haven't talked to my agent in a month... you’ve to tell me. But I hope they are just rumors, as €175 million would be a lot of money for one person”.

1 hour ago, wilai said:

It appears not.

Erling Haaland to

about Chelsea bid rumours: “Before yesterday I haven't talked to my agent in a month... you’ve to tell me. But I hope they are just rumors, as €175 million would be a lot of money for one person”.

Exactly !   I read the same comment hence my post.

1 hour ago, keithsimmonds said:

Dujon Sterling impressed me in last nights game v Bournemouth even though he only got to to play the 1st half. Conor Gallagher was the only player to play the entire 90 minutes....can see him being loaned out again. Lotus Cheek looked okay in the deeper role he played towards the end of the game....both Broja and Ugbo took there chances well.

Out of the 14 players last night who were not in last seasons squad...only Sterling based on what i have seen of him in the past, might have a chance in this seasons squad...just my opinion though.

Did you watch it on Chelsea tv?

On 7/28/2021 at 9:24 AM, stament said:

Have we??  News to me.  I wonder if Haaland knows....

Six weeks have passed before you come back with a cocky answer. At the time, there were multiple on line media outlets plus some "insiders" reporting this.

1 minute ago, oldgit said:

Six weeks have passed before you come back with a cocky answer. At the time, there were multiple on line media outlets plus some "insiders" reporting this.

Wasn't that I hadn't looked at the thread and as always these things are never confirmed until the deal is done - I am not blaming you at all.  Just pointing it out, after all you aren't the source for these stories. Chillax! 

Maybe he will sign, maybe he won't.  Looks like Kounde could join before we get a striker.  I see Roman has bigger fish to fry at the moment with his court case....

Good 1st half for a friendly imo

Chalobah has done okay in centre of defence and Loftus cheek has put himself in the shop window if nothing else. Werner still a pita for the opposition and Havertz is a Rolls Royce of a player. Hope Sterling gets some mins in the 2nd half.

7 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

Good 1st half for a friendly imo

Chalobah has done okay in centre of defence and Loftus cheek has put himself in the shop window if nothing else. Werner still a pita for the opposition and Havertz is a Rolls Royce of a player. Hope Sterling gets some mins in the 2nd half.

Tammy finished where Timi couldn't. Having said that a perfect ball from Timi to Havertz ...

Anyone else impress you Keith?

6 hours ago, stament said:

Tammy finished where Timi couldn't. Having said that a perfect ball from Timi to Havertz ...

Anyone else impress you Keith?

Not really ...Tammy took his goal well but after 3 years of being alongside Giroud (training Etc) he has learnt nothing imho. I would get shot of Drinkwater Barkley Baba Rahman Bakayoko Clarke Salter Baker Zappacosta Alonso Miazga kenedy sell em all plus one of either Tammy or Bats....pretty sure Loftus Cheek will be on someone's radar...and maybe Rafa will take back Barkley. Loan out Ampadu and Malang Sarr give Tino Anjorin a squad number and keep both Chalobah and Sterling.

As for buying players, that Jules Kounde does look good(you tube clips)..and one premiership striker that wont cost what Kane and Haaland would.......Bamford or Watkins. fwiw

• Like 2

18 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

Not really ...Tammy took his goal well but after 3 years of being alongside Giroud (training Etc) he has learnt nothing imho. I would get shot of Drinkwater Barkley Baba Rahman Bakayoko Clarke Salter Baker Zappacosta Alonso Miazga kenedy sell em all plus one of either Tammy or Bats....pretty sure Loftus Cheek will be on someone's radar...and maybe Rafa will take back Barkley. Loan out Ampadu and Malang Sarr give Tino Anjorin a squad number and keep both Chalobah and Sterling.

As for buying players, that Jules Kounde does look good(you tube clips)..and one premiership striker that wont cost what Kane and Haaland would.......Bamford or Watkins. fwiw

Agree with almost all what you said.  I feel we will lucky to get 15m for Bats now, he's another who missies so many chances.  Another lacking confidence.  Would much prefer Broja in the squad and get rid of Bats and his wages.  Tammy isn't a premier league challenger's striker, he could be in the future but at present but I feel his peak is a Europa team, one outside the top 6.

Bamford misses too many chances for me....

Roll on Spurs...

2 minutes ago, jellydog said:

Looks like Lukaku is on his way back.

according to press reports yes, nothing signed yet.  I've been quite impressed by Palace, Villa & Leicester's transfer activity in this window.  More of the same for Chelsea needed, hopefully we will get at least one signing this weekend.

2 hours ago, stament said:

according to press reports yes, nothing signed yet.  I've been quite impressed by Palace, Villa & Leicester's transfer activity in this window.  More of the same for Chelsea needed, hopefully we will get at least one signing this weekend.

Villa defo came flying out of the blocks. Rumours they also want Cantwell which will mean the Grealish sale has virtually got them an entire new attack: Bailey, Buendia, Cantwell? and Ings to supplement Wadkins. Good work from Smith.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, stament said:

@keithsimmonds did you watch the game last night?  I wasn't able to watch it but read Chalobah did well.  Interested to hear your comments on the match and players.

Yeah i watched it...had to use the mute button as Clive Walkers commentary was making my ears bleed (blokes got verbal diarrhoea) and every Chelsea player has a "great 1st touch" and "you could see what he was trying to do" even though he made a complete hash of it.......Foxtrot Oscar Clive.

Chalobah was good, the 1st half was also good and for ten minutes after 7 subs were brought on in the 2nd half that was good...then Bakayoko <deleted>....up yet again and they scored then Sarr f.....up and they equalized.

Credit goes to Kovacic who was excellent +Kante,Cho was much better at RWB than he was against the Arssse at LWB, Pulisic had some very good moments so to Ziyech Werner as usual was everywhere and Havertz was very quiet (Did n,t need to do much) back 3 Rudiger Zouma and Chalobah all good...Alonso is Alonso rinse and repeat control it pass it back control it pass it back.

Overall imho RLC will play for someone in the Prem but i dont think it will be us, Zouma will be of interest to someone if he does n,t stay with us....and it is buy 1 get 1 free for at least 16 players...

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Maybe they intend giving Man U the 45 M out of the transfer fee ? 

I dont think that allowed under the rules, bye that time the player would have already been sold

• Confused 1