The Official Chelsea FC Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

4 hours ago, oldgit said:

We've got to be on our 'A' game for this mob, as they're alight at the moment. I think we haven't played them since the fifties, so the atmosphere will be electric. I've been impressed with Ivan Toney. Intelligent and plenty of movement up front. As long as we're defensively solid without Thiago, the goals will come.

Toney should have been in the England squad along with your lad Gallacher on loan at Palace. Both have been excellent so far this season and were at least worth a game v Andorra.

• Like 1

Pleased for Rlc his recent cameo,s have rightly got him a start...same for Chalobah. No surprise to see Mount not start given his full 90mins for England. Good chance for Sarr as well who played a lot better in his last game than he did on his debut. 

This should be lively..coyb

• Like 1

8 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

This should be lively..coyb

That had to be the livelyest Smash and Grab away win ,for yonks????

The Bee,s deserved at least a point or 3 points,no doubt about that???? MOM ,Mendy by a country mile????

4 hours ago, deej said:

That had to be the livelyest Smash and Grab away win ,for yonks????

The Bee,s deserved at least a point or 3 points,no doubt about that???? MOM ,Mendy by a country mile????

Yeah, that was a tough, tough game. The last 25 minutes was like The Blitz.

1st half was a doddle and the opening 10 mins of the 2nd half too, but then Brentford decided to go long and push up and  were then winning the 2nd ball and we just could not keep it for long enough. Echo the above, thank goodness for Mendy...he saved us.

Some games and some teams are never easy to play after an international break and Tommy done a good job in selecting the players he did and giving a rest to others. Like Tbeau said players are not robots and cannot play to a high level week in week out....although that Salah geezer is bucking the trend.imho.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

Fairly routine stuff that. Shame about Rom and Timo but gives others a chance notably Havertz. Fully expect Ziyech to start saturday if he is 100%fit..probably more game time for Barkley as well,...anyway Tommy knows what he is doing.

No problem for Havertz to start as the main striker for me. That goal would have boosted his confidence no end. I'd start Loftus -Cheek and Mount as well as Ziyech. Plenty of attacking pace to terrorise their dodgy defence.

• Like 1

On 8/11/2021 at 9:25 AM, keithsimmonds said:

Not really....just greedy selfish kniving cnuttts in general.

Did you read that Mr Boj....Tyson Fury is reportedly going to give away his 8 million winning prize money...unlike that snivelling greedy argie cnutt......who,s beloved boyhood club are now playing to a half empty stadium.......every week.....Class!!!

Well, that was a demolition. What impressed me was our intensity to get the job done. The danger was complacency against a team we were expected to sweep away, but that didn't happen at all. If that was Mount's best job at penalty taking, Jorginho is safe! Isee Chelsea are still mulling over whether to give Thiago an extra year. I would give him another two years because the man is magnificent. Chalobah must think he's in dreamland playing alongside him.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, oldgit said:

Well, that was a demolition. What impressed me was our intensity to get the job done. The danger was complacency against a team we were expected to sweep away, but that didn't happen at all. If that was Mount's best job at penalty taking, Jorginho is safe! Isee Chelsea are still mulling over whether to give Thiago an extra year. I would give him another two years because the man is magnificent. Chalobah must think he's in dreamland playing alongside him.

Pressure pressure pressure....we just never let up. Thiago is very impressive,reads the game well and helps those around him. Rudiger has come on leaps and bounds and is a solid reliable defender.

Yep lots to like about the whole squad.

• Like 2

On 10/24/2021 at 2:01 PM, keithsimmonds said:

Pressure pressure pressure....we just never let up. Thiago is very impressive,reads the game well and helps those around him. Rudiger has come on leaps and bounds and is a solid reliable defender.

Yep lots to like about the whole squad.

Christensen is another who's been completely transformed by Tuchel's direction and, I'm convinced, playing alongside Thiago. There is no better central defender now in the world, who is able to transmit his poise, experience and skill to the rest of the defence, than Thiago. Tuchel has just got to manage his minutes on the pitch, that's all. When he does hang up his boots, he's just the type to make a top class manager.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, oldgit said:

There is no better central defender now in the world, who is able to transmit his poise, experience and skill to the rest of the defence, than Thiago

VVD says hello ???? But Thiago is decent, a bit like VVD but without his pace.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, wilai said:

VVD says hello ???? But Thiago is decent, a bit like VVD but without his pace.

Rudiger says hello as well...think he contained Salah a lot better than those Mancs did.

Couldn,t give a hist really but that was sheer ignorance and arrogance by Man u to give not arguably,cos there is no argument one of the best players in the world that much space,and listening to those Failed sky pundits at management level who are all living in the past as regards Man u being a massive club and this should not happen to them, blah blah blah....they are a massive club in everything sense of the word...... bar the football they play and have played since SAF hung up his watch.imo

• Like 2

2 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

Rudiger says hello as well...think he contained Salah a lot better than those Mancs did.

Couldn,t give a hist really but that was sheer ignorance and arrogance by Man u to give not arguably,cos there is no argument one of the best players in the world that much space,and listening to those Failed sky pundits at management level who are all living in the past as regards Man u being a massive club and this should not happen to them, blah blah blah....they are a massive club in everything sense of the word...... bar the football they play and have played since SAF hung up his watch.imo

A

• Confused 1

Got to feel a bit for Southampton who played really well for the entire game. Minutes just flew imo as the Saints matched us pass for pass tackle for tackle. Shame for Kepa for there goal as he was having and did have an excellent game...cant honestly say the same for Barkley.

Sarr was very good again and Havertz worked really hard,might be a problem come Saturday as i cant honestly see Havertz starting again,the absence of Rlc says to me that he will start against that Saudi outfit....any way Tommy knows best.

13 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

Got to feel a bit for Southampton who played really well for the entire game. Minutes just flew imo as the Saints matched us pass for pass tackle for tackle. Shame for Kepa for there goal as he was having and did have an excellent game...cant honestly say the same for Barkley.

Sarr was very good again and Havertz worked really hard,might be a problem come Saturday as i cant honestly see Havertz starting again,the absence of Rlc says to me that he will start against that Saudi outfit....any way Tommy knows best.

Yeah, I was a bit surprised that Havertz and Kovacic stayed on to the end. Kovacic especially looked totally drained at the end. Not surprising since he put in more effort than Saul and Barkley combined. Maybe Tommy is thinking of a Jorginho, Kante combo on Saturday.

3 hours ago, stament said:

Brentford in the Carabao, arguably one of the toughest draws.

Losing at home to leicester then us and losing there keeper has knocked the stuffing out of them...haven,t really got the quality to rotate....could be there undoing if they give it all against us.....sometimes got to look at the bigger picture.

Nice 3 Zip win ,away at our Bogey ground,St James Park, whilst our nearest challengers dropped points????to put further icing on the cake????Great performance across the park,and T and T

is becoming a  perfect excutioner in the EPL

• Like 2

On 10/22/2021 at 8:55 PM, keithsimmonds said:

Did you read that Mr Boj....Tyson Fury is reportedly going to give away his 8 million winning prize money...unlike that snivelling greedy argie cnutt......who,s beloved boyhood club are now playing to a half empty stadium.......every week.....Class!!!

Don't know why you have a big problem with Messi and I'm certainly not here to defend him but he does his bit.

Who Are The Top 10 Charitable Footballers In The World? Let's Find Out! (sportszion.com)

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Don't know why you have a big problem with Messi and I'm certainly not here to defend him but he does his bit.

Who Are The Top 10 Charitable Footballers In The World? Let's Find Out! (sportszion.com)

Two faced thuccker.....the Gaul of the bloke to have a press conference with his "Team Mates" in attendance crying and wailing and giving it the "Poor Me " my boyhood club have fucccked me and wont pay me any more money...cnutt utter cnutt and you cant see that. What did he expect the players around him and all Barcelona fans to have a whip round for him,those fans that are still alive and not affected by Covid.

Lovely bloke....salt of the earth do any anything for anyone..... so long as there is money in it....done for for Tax evasion as well wasn,t he.???

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, stament said:

CONTE & EMERY incoming - these foreign managers love the Premier and the wages!  I expect fireworks at 3 point lane!

Emery is thuccking clueless. (when it comes to EPL)...........i wouldn,t let him walk my Dog. ...thankfully i dont have a dog.????