The Official Chelsea FC Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

What a game! Fast, aggressive football from both teams with plenty of energy. Overall, I can't really complain about the draw, as we had good phases in the game, but couldn't really dominate enough to say we were unlucky. Everybody put in a shift with Kova's volley the stand out moment. Pulisic needed that goal to boost his confidence, but I'm convinced that, either through having constant injury problems or maybe carrying  one, that he's lost that instant  'off the blocks' acceleration that terrorised the opposition. Understandably, Havertz struggled with the pace of the game while Thiago was imperious again. I noticed there was a couple of frosty fist pumps between T

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, oldgit said:

To continue!...between Thomas and their assistant coach before and after the game. Nerves or have they had a bit of previous?

No problems I am aware of.....Could be cos of Covid as we have a lot of cases in the backroom staff. Maybe just being careful.

20 hours ago, oldgit said:

To continue!...between Thomas and their assistant coach before and after the game. Nerves or have they had a bit of previous?

Thought there bloke "over celebrated ?" both there goals ,almost going into Tommy's Tech area but Tommy then responded in kind....i,d say based on that, there maybe a bit of history??

21 hours ago, oldgit said:

What a game! Fast, aggressive football from both teams with plenty of energy. Overall, I can't really complain about the draw, as we had good phases in the game, but couldn't really dominate enough to say we were unlucky. Everybody put in a shift with Kova's volley the stand out moment. Pulisic needed that goal to boost his confidence, but I'm convinced that, either through having constant injury problems or maybe carrying  one, that he's lost that instant  'off the blocks' acceleration that terrorised the opposition. Understandably, Havertz struggled with the pace of the game while Thiago was imperious again. I noticed there was a couple of frosty fist pumps between T

Was a good game but how different would it have been if Mane had rightfully got a straight Red (we will never know). Massive thuuckk up by Chalobah for there goal,but fair play to the young lad as he was brilliant after that, a mistake like that could have really got to him,but it didn,t and that wise old man Thiago obviously helped as well.

Yet another blladdy draw but looking at the last 2 teams we drew with and what they did since ....Brighton and Wolves,then it ain,t all bad.

Not sure about Wednesday,s team but a lad called Charlie Webster might get a game...long way to go for him but he imho looks really good...(playmaking/holding midfielder)

• Like 2

By the way that Pooh ya ban never disappointed... New Years Day 5.30 am starts of with 3 of his favourite songs followed by 20 minutes of waffle (to me it was) finished off by 3 more loud as like songs from his favourites album...that was then a signal for the dogs and cockerels to fight it out for next 30 minutes before the bloke selling bags of "whatever" hanging from all sides of his truck decided to play his one and only jingle and beep blaady beep outside my house....no honey i didn,t sleep that much and we are definitely not coming back here for songkran....over and out.

• Haha 1

On 1/4/2022 at 4:39 PM, keithsimmonds said:

Not sure about Wednesday,s team but a lad called Charlie Webster might get a game

Looking at the line ups, it seems like you were both going for it last night. 2-0 up, you may give youngsters a chance in 2nd leg.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, wilai said:

Looking at the line ups, it seems like you were both going for it last night. 2-0 up, you may give youngsters a chance in 2nd leg.

Don't think we will mate. Too much at stake to jeopardise the lead we've got. 

• Like 1

Nice to see Dave and Conte exchange handshakes when he came off slightly injured. Conte also gave an honest assessment afterwards. Good energy shown throughout the game with a distinct desire to win and not concede.

If the 1st half goes okay next week then maybe 3 under 23,s could get some minutes.

Good 1st half performance,got look at the opposition first but never the less still good, and a fantastic debut from 17 year old lewis Hall...well done lad. Malang Sarr gets better every game and i very much doubt whether he will be sold or loaned at the end of the season.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

Good 1st half performance,got look at the opposition first but never the less still good, and a fantastic debut from 17 year old lewis Hall...well done lad. Malang Sarr gets better every game and i very much doubt whether he will be sold or loaned at the end of the season.

Considering they are a non League outfit, quite impressed with Chesterfield as well, and a good touch by Chelsea to host 235 of their academy players at Cobham. Yeah, Sarr is beginning to look the business as is Saul, but Chelsea are undecided whether to make his move permanent. With Gallagher and Gilmour coming back later, we'll have plenty of cover in midfield. If it was me, I'd sign Saul because he's got that classy look about him and is comfortable with either foot.

• Like 1

Good win and much the better side over the 2 legs..of that there can be no doubt. Kepa was excellent in goal and has come on in leaps and bounds and is showing the best form i have ever seen in him since he joined...well done mate.

Now lets see if we can raise a few Eyebrows on Saturday....know what i mean?????????????????

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, keithsimmonds said:

Massive game for Sarr and for Rudiger in a way as it a long time since he played at Rb. Pity 5 subs aint allowed as we have some real game changers on the bench. A win and nothing else for me coyb.

That was toilet....Pulisic off Mount on please Tommy.

A game to forget for me,easier said than done though as i am still so <deleted> angry with some individual performances and collective performances and how Tommy can say we deserved a draw is beyond me.

I like Kovacic a lot but just like Jorginho you cannot face your own goal and expect to win every challenge that comes from behind you or win a free kick...just get rid of it.

Lukaku as said by Og was beaten all ends up all game...never won an ariel challenge and the pass to Ziyech early doors was just shameful....you are supposed to be a ruthless cnutt so shoot...i dont care whether it sails into Old Trafford just hit the fuccking thing.

Don,t know what Tommy was thinking bringing Werner on and playing him on the right....bloke looked like a fish out of water.

Easy to say now i know but given that game and the one at the bridge, we were far more comfortable in our 3 previous victories against city playing a false number 9 (Havertz).

Still Tommy did single out Lukaku for criticism straight after the game (Warranted) personally i don,t know what that will achieve?.

The overall picture for us though,says we have been very very unlucky with long term injuries + covid (more than 6 games out) Pulisic Ziyech Lukaku Havertz Werner Kovacic Kante James Chilwell Chalobah Christensen plus Mount and the problems he had with Hampsteads....all that and we still lie second atm and in 4 Cups. Just got to get back on it again for Brighton on Tuesday and the trilogy with Totts.....changes are a coming.

Edited by keithsimmonds
  • Like 2

Did,nt deserve a draw,as Brighton were the better side,well done Brighton.

T and T need,s to sort out his mess immediately,as anything but a win , at The Bridge,against Spuds next weekend, and no doubt the Spanish Fat Waiter,will appear on the horizon????

• Like 1

I think it was a mistake getting Lukaku. Waste of time, waste of space and waste of money. Can do without him.

Never scored in his earlier spell with the Blues. All the other clubs were pleased to see the back of him; especially the Devils.

Get rid; and take a loss.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, oldgit said:

Hudson -Odoi, a player with tons of ability but loses confidence as quickly as any player I know. He started the game like a frightened rabbit, afraid to take the full back on and going for the safe option then... bang! He decided for himself or maybe was told "Take Tanganga on, you'll roast him alive". So he did and, at that moment, his game flourished. If confidence could be injected before the game, I would put him first in the queue because, with it, he can be sensational.

Also might help if he could wear a pair of shorts that actually fit him.....forever pulling them up or down....a fidget-er if ever there was one.

Sarr does,n t lack confidence and had another good game imo.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, oldgit said:

Hudson -Odoi, a player with tons of ability but loses confidence as quickly as any player I know. He started the game like a frightened rabbit, afraid to take the full back on and going for the safe option then... bang! He decided for himself or maybe was told "Take Tanganga on, you'll roast him alive". So he did and, at that moment, his game flourished. If confidence could be injected before the game, I would put him first in the queue because, with it, he can be sensational.

CHO seems rather similar to Tammy Abraham , maybe a bit too chilled out and relaxed and needs some hunger and desire 

3 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

CHO seems rather similar to Tammy Abraham , maybe a bit too chilled out and relaxed and needs some hunger and desire 

If your talking about being too laid back and having tons of ability, Loftus -Cheek takes the biscuit. I just think Hudson -Odoi is scared of making a mistake in case someone bo***cks him.

19 minutes ago, oldgit said:

If your talking about being too laid back and having tons of ability, Loftus -Cheek takes the biscuit. I just think Hudson -Odoi is scared of making a mistake in case someone bo***cks him.

I do think that its because they were bought up as football players , joined the Club at a young age and received decent salaries since they left school and have never had to do normal work

• Like 1

19 hours ago, oldgit said:

I think players in those wide attacking positions just tend to be 'confidence' players - Martial and Rashford also went through long stretches when they looked afraid to take a player on.

15 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

I do think that its because they were bought up as football players , joined the Club at a young age and received decent salaries since they left school and have never had to do normal work

Mentally fragile would sum most of them up. The ones that are hand picked are cosseted and pampered until they come to a point where they can't think for themselves. Is it just a British phenomenon though?