The Official Chelsea FC Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

God, that was a tough watch, the last half an hour was purgatory. The two weeks off should have revitalised us but we've returned looking lethargic and predictable, especially offensively.  We have too many players struggling for form at the moment. It's a good job that doesn't apply to Rudiger, Thiago and Kepa who have maintained their good level of form.

• Like 1

If we are as wasteful in our passing against Palmeiras, we won't get anything from the game tonight. Ziyech is in form and is our one attacking player with invention (also Mount when he's on blob), mind you, that lazy c*** Lukaku can't wait to dig him out if his cross is more than half a millimetre away from his left boot.

2 hours ago, oldgit said:

If we are as wasteful in our passing against Palmeiras, we won't get anything from the game tonight. Ziyech is in form and is our one attacking player with invention (also Mount when he's on blob), mind you, that lazy c*** Lukaku can't wait to dig him out if his cross is more than half a millimetre away from his left boot.

Ziyech has been good and is good....but <deleted> is he one legged or what,must have screamed at the box at least 6 times in that last game and against Argyle to cross or hit the foooking thing with your right...but no..cut back onto left.

I hope Kepa keeps his place as i think he deserves it on his form over the last 7 matches....i would go so far as to say for me he is now 1st choice (unlike Mendy he does n,t f thucck about with a back pass)....what a turn around.

4 hours ago, oldgit said:

How important is the World Club Cup? Heard Chelsea fans that winning one PL game is more important to them.

3 hours ago, RickG16 said:

How important is the World Club Cup? Heard Chelsea fans that winning one PL game is more important to them.

Winning matches in the Premier League is more important to me. Even internationals are a distant second but as we're in it, it would handy to add to our impressive portfolio. It would also be interesting to see how much the playing styles of each team differ.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

Ziyech has been good and is good....but <deleted> is he one legged or what,must have screamed at the box at least 6 times in that last game and against Argyle to cross or hit the foooking thing with your right...but no..cut back onto left.

I hope Kepa keeps his place as i think he deserves it on his form over the last 7 matches....i would go so far as to say for me he is now 1st choice (unlike Mendy he does n,t f thucck about with a back pass)....what a turn around.

Scores of one footed players like that Keith. They're earning boat loads of money and are treated like mini gods yet they can't be bothered to use both feet. That makes them predictable. Hudson -Odoi is another culprit. You see film of them at their training grounds ramming them in from all angles, both left and right, but when the pressure's on  and the chips are  down, they bottle it and opt for safety first. Very annoying when they do that.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

"Kai Have It"  Great win well deserved we never stopped trying to win all night. Lovely bit of professionalism from Dave over the pen,kept the ball in hand then coolly handed it to kai....no pressure.

????????????????????????????:post-4641-1156694572::clap2:????????:burp:????

Yeah, that should do wonders for the team's confidence. World Champions! I hadn't seen Palmeiras play before so I was gobsmacked when they got everybody behind the ball. Call me old fashioned but aren't Brazilian teams supposed to play with flair and invention? Apparently their coach is the 'Jose Mourinho" of Sth. America, the most important thing is to win, not win in style. Their main focus was to stop Kova and Kante playing through the middle but, as the game wore on, that began to unravel. Well now, a pinpoint cross from Hudson -Odoi with his left foot for the goal! He ought to try it more often. A definite plus having Thomas in the dugout. We definitely played with a bit more energy and fire with him there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, oldgit said:

A very good win and a two goal cushion going into the second leg. Thiago, as is the norm nowadays, outstanding as was Kante. Havertz fluid in attack linking up well with Pulisic and Ziyech. I thought the substitutions were spot on and all played their part well. Lille will be no pushovers at home having some very talented players.

Agree with all that Og... but i dont think 3 0r 4 nil would have flattered us....bit more luck in the final 3rd and the tie would have been over.imho

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

What do you say lads, how are our chances?

Havertz up top, counter and set-piece strategy?

I expect us to edge posession,spectacle not sure as both teams and fans want to win at all costs,doesn,t matter the name of the Cup we want it

so do you.

Up top dont know..politicaly he has to start Lukaku..but Tommy doesn,t do Politics.

To me its Pens all day long...a <deleted> for me as a 2 day golf away starting off at 7am awaits????????

Still on plus point for you...City are hitting a brick wall.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

I expect us to edge posession,spectacle not sure as both teams and fans want to win at all costs,doesn,t matter the name of the Cup we want it

so do you.

Up top dont know..politicaly he has to start Lukaku..but Tommy doesn,t do Politics.

To me its Pens all day long...a <deleted> for me as a 2 day golf away starting off at 7am awaits????????

Still on plus point for you...City are hitting a brick wall.

Interesting, I'm expecting Chelsea, to sit, soak and counter with Havertz in attack. I don't think we will be cagey, we will attack. 

I'm looking forward to it as we are virtually full squad ready.

Re, City.....not even brick walls can stop the likes of Manchester born Chris Kavanagh and that useless <deleted> Paul Tierney from blatantly denying that Rodi handball. 82 min City score, 85 min penalty denied.  

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

Interesting, I'm expecting Chelsea, to sit, soak and counter with Havertz in attack. I don't think we will be cagey, we will attack. 

I'm looking forward to it as we are virtually full squad ready.

Re, City.....not even brick walls can stop the likes of Manchester born Chris Kavanagh and that useless <deleted> Paul Tierney from blatantly denying that Rodi handball. 82 min City score, 85 min penalty denied.  

The <deleted> in Black is there twelfth man.

• Like 1

At half one / 2am in the morning you let some things slide but i still don,t see how Lukaku was offside for his goal and dont remember any lines being drawn on the pitch to show he was offside. Still we were still owned by Roman at that time so maybe that explains it.

Last night,bit of a struggle early doors but we dug in and were worthy winners. Saul and Rubens had good games imo.

On 2/27/2022 at 5:56 AM, BangrakBob said:

Stop crying man. Have Liverpool never been given the rub of the green eh? Not even guaranteed they'd have scored a pen

7 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

At half one / 2am in the morning you let some things slide but i still don,t see how Lukaku was offside for his goal and dont remember any lines being drawn on the pitch to show he was offside. Still we were still owned by Roman at that time so maybe that explains it.

Last night,bit of a struggle early doors but we dug in and were worthy winners. Saul and Rubens had good games imo.

Interesting that Thomas used Ruben as a central defender. For a novice, I thought he did well especially when he started bursting forward into midfield, thereby taking out a couple of opposing players. Spackman said "He's not Thiago Silva yet" but then, who is! I wonder if this means Christensen and/ or Rudiger are on their way? 

19 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

Think we will rip Burnley a new-one tonight as a thanks to Roman. Maybe my 3 nil banker is not enough?? Cant wait.

The first half was a non event for us. Too much negative play and no attacking force to speak of. We were lucky to go in level. The second half was chalk and cheese. Thomas must have ripped into them at half time because we were much more adventurous, Reece and Saul getting forward down the flanks which opened up the space in the middle for Havertz and Pulisic to exploit.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, oldgit said:

The first half was a non event for us. Too much negative play and no attacking force to speak of. We were lucky to go in level. The second half was chalk and cheese. Thomas must have ripped into them at half time because we were much more adventurous, Reece and Saul getting forward down the flanks which opened up the space in the middle for Havertz and Pulisic to exploit.

Saul was particularly poor in that 1s half....most of them looked like they could n,t  force the issue or new how to (could n,t fault the back 3 though.)  Don,t think a Fly on the wall would have been safe in that dressing room at H/T.

Prediction:  Lukaku to start on Thursday/Friday...bang in a hat trick and get no credit...as it,s Norwich.????

• Like 1

Big breaking news...(details not confirmed but source is a reliable one)

'Roman Abramovich sanctioned. All UK assets frozen. Chelsea can still operate under a special licence but sale now on hold. Club will not be allowed to sell any more tickets - only season ticket holders can go to games for the foreseeable future.'

I wonder if buying/selling end of contract etc players are affected?

2 hours ago, wilai said:

Big breaking news...(details not confirmed but source is a reliable one)

'Roman Abramovich sanctioned. All UK assets frozen. Chelsea can still operate under a special licence but sale now on hold. Club will not be allowed to sell any more tickets - only season ticket holders can go to games for the foreseeable future.'

I wonder if buying/selling end of contract etc players are affected?

Apparently, that would be termed as a "new transaction" which isn't allowed under this  special licence that the Government has issued. As far as I know, even extending an existing  contract is seen as a new transaction. Regarding selling the club is concerned, that's on hold until an administrater is put in place, presumably by the Government. I'm more interested in how this affects the players mentally, on the pitch.

• Thanks 1