The Official Chelsea FC Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

Very disappointing not to have wiped the floor with that shower of utter shyyte. Never ever looked like losing and should have scored at least 5....but no credit really.... given the opposition.

Excellent performance from Reece..well done lad, just stay fit.

2 points dropped end of.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, keithsimmonds said:

Should be a cracker.. Expect some fireworks ????????????

Dirty bunch of wind-up cnutts.. Can't see this finishing scoreless or with 11 players a piece. Got to up the tempo 2nd half. . as it has been painfully slow. Rlc showed some real nice footwork.. keep it up lad. ????

• Like 1

On 4/25/2022 at 1:28 PM, wilai said:

Ain't gonna happen by the looks of things. Today he verbally agreed to join Real Madrid.

Calling all Premier League clubs. Are you in a crisis of confidence? Can't see where your next goal is coming from? Better still, are you managed by an ex Chelsea stalwart but still find yourself falling off a cliff to Championship oblivion? Don't worry! Help is at hand. Play us and we'll help you sort out your defence by playing draughts at the back and, in attack, you may be totally inept but, fear not, we'll sort out a few mistakes of our own to gift you a goal or two. 

Those fireworks had the desired effect because we played like we were in a trance.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, oldgit said:

Calling all Premier League clubs. Are you in a crisis of confidence? Can't see where your next goal is coming from? Better still, are you managed by an ex Chelsea stalwart but still find yourself falling off a cliff to Championship oblivion? Don't worry! Help is at hand. Play us and we'll help you sort out your defence by playing draughts at the back and, in attack, you may be totally inept but, fear not, we'll sort out a few mistakes of our own to gift you a goal or two. 

Those fireworks had the desired effect because we played like we were in a trance.

I hate swearing and doing my nut in front of the Mrs (not that it,s ever her turn) but christ we have been sloppy lately.....what was Alonso thinking (that's if he can think?) when he passed the ball straight out play for a throw-in from which 15 seconds later they scored from. The only consolation was to see Tommy also doing his nut from that piece of play...no footage of him 15 seconds later though after the resulting goal....maybe apoplectic.

Wolves are in a bit of bad form so maybe give Kennedy a shot at the Lwb role,he is definitely quicker than Alonso. Given the half time substitution of Jorginho he seems likely to depart come the end of the season...good thing is we have plenty of talent to come back in.

12 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

I hate swearing and doing my nut in front of the Mrs (not that it,s ever her turn) but christ we have been sloppy lately.....what was Alonso thinking (that's if he can think?) when he passed the ball straight out play for a throw-in from which 15 seconds later they scored from. The only consolation was to see Tommy also doing his nut from that piece of play...no footage of him 15 seconds later though after the resulting goal....maybe apoplectic.

Wolves are in a bit of bad form so maybe give Kennedy a shot at the Lwb role,he is definitely quicker than Alonso. Given the half time substitution of Jorginho he seems likely to depart come the end of the season...good thing is we have plenty of talent to come back in.

Then there was the time when Rudiger, with 15 minutes to play, kicked the ball out of play after Richarlison went down with a f*****g leg injury, then laughed when, presumably Thomas or someone had a go at him. With that sort of attitude, things can unravel very easily. Without that late winner against West Ham, we would be level on points with the <deleted>'. Sloppy is right. Havertz looks shattered now and Werner has gone back into his shell again. Roll on to the end of the season, when we can sort the wheat from the chaff, and the club's structure decided upon.

Chelsea can't even beat (or draw) <deleted> Everton.  The first half of that match was abysmal.  Poor play and missed shots galore. I had to turn it off.  Chelsea is a hard watch now.  

Edited by swerve

13 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

Nice bit of play from Charlie Webster in the under 18s Cup Final at Fulham last night...highlights on Chelsea tv or you tube...worth a watch .Definite star of the future this lad imho

He's got good control, a low centre of gravity and, very important, get's the ball out of his feet quickly. Let's hope he steers clear of injury because he will be the target of some rough treatment later on.

Great game for Thomas to dissect. Some very very poor passing and thoughtless play throughout the game.

Loved the way that Saul took up Alonso,s position in his deckchair right from the restart and neither bothered to close down or press,but instead was happy to back off at every opportunity.... Poor 45 mins from him.

Got 3days to put in something better than that.

Sort it please Thomas.????

20 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

Great game for Thomas to dissect. Some very very poor passing and thoughtless play throughout the game.

Loved the way that Saul took up Alonso,s position in his deckchair right from the restart and neither bothered to close down or press,but instead was happy to back off at every opportunity.... Poor 45 mins from him.

Got 3days to put in something better than that.

Sort it please Thomas.????

Yeah, we badly need  Kante's energy and covering ability in midfield. Far to open on the counter in that area.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, oldgit said:

A season to forget for Maguire with all the <deleted> at United but, last year and the year before, for United and England, I thought he was very good. I'd have him!

All joking aside..i would have him as well. Luckily for us we dont have any ex players as pundits on sky or the broken biscuit company.. so there is no-one there continually slagging off players for not being as good as "We Were" ..or there not Chelsea "material".....thuuckwits.

Still think and hope we get that Jules Kounde ....

I see Alonso might be off to Barca as well as Dave and Christensen....Stevie Wonder is the new head scout there ...apparently.

Got to win tomorrow/Thursday ...otherwise it,s squeaky bum time.

• Like 1

A vital three points to keep the North London filth at bay. Mount was man of the match but Jorginho was superb all game. It looked like the players on view were trying to make a statement to Thomas. "I'm your man for the Cup Final!"

On 5/12/2022 at 11:15 AM, oldgit said:

A vital three points to keep the North London filth at bay. Mount was man of the match but Jorginho was superb all game. It looked like the players on view were trying to make a statement to Thomas. "I'm your man for the Cup Final!"

Mount,s goal was sublime. Good 3 points players worked hard all game.

Cup Final... just hope it does n,t end like our last 2 finals against Liverpool...penalty shoot outs...might explain why the kit change for us.?

Edited by keithsimmonds

Gutted, but we live to fight another day..probably not with that match day squad though as at least 5 to 8 players will be gone.

Thought both Pulisic and Alonso could have done better with the 4 good chances they had...but that,s life. 5 Wembley finals for Mason Mount and not won any of them....that,s gotta hurt. Thought Rudiger had a very very quiet game for him whereas Chalobah and James never had a dull moment. Not a dirty game but there were a few bad tackles/clumsy challenges imo which had to go unpunished cos Craig Pawson did not book Thiago early doors for that challenge on Kovacic...a definite yellow in book.

• Like 1

No complaints from me on the team's performance. We might have got away with it if Kova and Kante were both match fit but, hey, that's the rub of the green we got. The first 20 minutes were a bit hairy because the team, as a whole, didn't work hard enough, but that was remedied and we had our chances to score afterwards. Jorginho was again my outstanding player, and he had to be with Kova not 100%.

Slightly confused that Loftus -Cheek didn't start the game, as he's been doing well lately, and even more perplexed when he was subbed off for the 'ace' penalty taker Barkley! Still, as Thomas said "We left everything out on the pitch" which is all you can ask for.

• Like 1

Sunday 29th May if you get the chance watch it Hudds v forest play off final...Rudiger,s ready made replacement is line to play....Levi Colwill,(Hudds) the lad is a beast,very quick predominately left footed but can tackle with both feet...sky is the limit for this lad imho

Tino Anjorin is also on loan there and may feature at some point.

Possible that Chelsea could resign Marc Guehi back from Palace...either way the club won,t be spending large on replacing Rudi Christensen and possibly Dave...got Ampadu coming back as well.

• Like 1

Not a terrible watch but a painful result again, as i thought we did more than enough to win. Our play was painfully  slow and ponderous at times which made it easy for Leicester to defend. Pulisic will be kicking himself for that miss but given what he did on Saturday as well...he will probably miss ..again.

Edited by keithsimmonds
  • Like 1

Nice to see Kennedy get a run out at Lwb and maybe Saul will hopefully do much better in his position than he has when trying to fill the Lwb slot.

Thought Mount should have won young player of the year award and not Mr Eyebrows...scored more goals and had more assists than him. imho

• Like 1

Evening gents. 2021/22 season is done. Chelsea's back line for next season is a fairly big concern to me.  CL clubs need big squads. Thinking Colwill will be able to readily replace Rudiger is fanciful. Ampadu has done little to impress the past three years on loan.  Bringing Guehi or Livramento back is unlikely as they both wanted out. Sarr has never impressed me (and he's on 120,000/month for 5 years!).  Chalobah will get better, but he is still a work in progress.  Dave, the great team soldier, is on his last legs. Alonso has poor defensive skills. Reece belongs as a winger.

Are we expecting Thiago to hold the back together for 50+ games next season?  Who can we get in? Ownership uncertainty is surely not helping our situation.

Quality defensive players are getting harder to find.  West Ham, Newcastle, Everton, Man U, and Arsenal are also looking for them.  Hope I am wrong, but I feel next season will be another building year where we are well behind the top 2 in the EPL.  

17 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

Nice to see Kennedy get a run out at Lwb and maybe Saul will hopefully do much better in his position than he has when trying to fill the Lwb slot.

Thought Mount should have won young player of the year award and not Mr Eyebrows...scored more goals and had more assists than him. imho

I thought Thiago should have got Young Player of the Year.

The king is dead, figuratively of course, long live the king! Todd Boehly and the consortium have finally got over the line with the takeover, and now comes the question of where the squad needs strengthening, who do we bring in and how much!

Rudiger will be an enormous loss especially amongst the squad where he was a leader of men. The  same can be said for Azpilicueta, a real stalwart.  Christensen when on form, was very good but has blotted his copy book lately and made it his intention to leave weeks ago. Alonso is the most annoying of wing backs, slow as a boat but skilful on the ball. Whoever we sign in his place, must have ten times the speed and as least as much skill. Chilwell? Never been a big fan because of his lack of pace. Yes, the defence will be the focus of attention of Thomas T and Boehly. We've got more midfielders than you can shake a stick at, so that area will be covered although some dead wood will depart. The forward line is a concern with several misfiring including the 'statue' we acquired from that <deleted>'ole league, Serie A. If Abraham can score with impunity there, I'd even fancy my chances.

Edited by oldgit
  • Like 2

On 5/23/2022 at 11:33 AM, swerve said:

Evening gents. 2021/22 season is done. Chelsea's back line for next season is a fairly big concern to me.  CL clubs need big squads. Thinking Colwill will be able to readily replace Rudiger is fanciful. Ampadu has done little to impress the past three years on loan.  Bringing Guehi or Livramento back is unlikely as they both wanted out. Sarr has never impressed me (and he's on 120,000/month for 5 years!).  Chalobah will get better, but he is still a work in progress.  Dave, the great team soldier, is on his last legs. Alonso has poor defensive skills. Reece belongs as a winger.

Are we expecting Thiago to hold the back together for 50+ games next season?  Who can we get in? Ownership uncertainty is surely not helping our situation.

Quality defensive players are getting harder to find.  West Ham, Newcastle, Everton, Man U, and Arsenal are also looking for them.  Hope I am wrong, but I feel next season will be another building year where we are well behind the top 2 in the EPL.  

We're a more attractive proposition than West Ham through to Everton because, we're in the Champions League and they're not.

• Like 1