The Official Chelsea FC Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

19 hours ago, oldgit said:

We're a more attractive proposition than West Ham through to Everton because, we're in the Champions League and they're not.

Hi. I agree with this, and your thoughtful earlier post.  Everton are said to be trying to get Colwill on loan. ?? Newcastle is another team Chelsea will compete with for players, as they have money now.  Newcastle is lining up a CB from Sevilla called Diego Carlos.  Will that affect us getting Kounde, who is also playing for Sevilla?  Sevilla is a serious team and 4th in La Liga.  Would they offload their main two CBs in one transfer period? 

Interesting times ahead.  Glad the Boehly transition is underway/completed.  Other teams are getting players in now.  Chelsea needs a proper plan for next season.

On 5/27/2022 at 6:49 PM, swerve said:

Hi. I agree with this, and your thoughtful earlier post.  Everton are said to be trying to get Colwill on loan. ?? Newcastle is another team Chelsea will compete with for players, as they have money now.  Newcastle is lining up a CB from Sevilla called Diego Carlos.  Will that affect us getting Kounde, who is also playing for Sevilla?  Sevilla is a serious team and 4th in La Liga.  Would they offload their main two CBs in one transfer period? 

Interesting times ahead.  Glad the Boehly transition is underway/completed.  Other teams are getting players in now.  Chelsea needs a proper plan for next season.

Sound point regarding the two Sevilla defenders. Sevilla are in debt though. Having already sold Diego Carlos to Villa and Kounde making his intentions known that he wants a move (caught on camera in London last week), I wouldn't blame Sevilla in cashing in. These sort of clubs always seem to dig up decent players from nowhere anyway, selling them on at a profit.

Looking at the way Modric performed last night and the way Thiago Silva has transformed our team, I think Chelsea should revise their policy of discarding/ signing players 30 years old and over.

Nowadays, these blokes that go on forever, do not kneel at the altar of the Mighty Gazza, pissing it up the wall and birding it all night, but look after themselves monk-like.

Edited by oldgit

On 5/18/2022 at 5:22 PM, keithsimmonds said:

Sunday 29th May if you get the chance watch it Hudds v forest play off final...Rudiger,s ready made replacement is line to play....Levi Colwill,(Hudds) the lad is a beast,very quick predominately left footed but can tackle with both feet...sky is the limit for this lad imho

Actually scored the winning goal - An own goal to send Forest back to the Premiership.

• 3 weeks later...

I haven't heard yet of any Chelsea signings for this EPL transfer period.  Other teams are getting deals done and Chelsea seems to be dithering again.  Liverpool (and Citeh) always seem to get their business done early.  Wish CFC could do the same.

22 hours ago, swerve said:

I haven't heard yet of any Chelsea signings for this EPL transfer period.  Other teams are getting deals done and Chelsea seems to be dithering again.  Liverpool (and Citeh) always seem to get their business done early.  Wish CFC could do the same.

A little thrustrating but sooo much to be considered. Ghuehi livaremento Lamptey Tomori all left as they were behind the pecking order of Zouma Rudiger Alonso Dave Reece Chalobah  Christensen and Thiago. All of whom barring injury hold down regular first team positions. Ampudu may not have pulled up any trees given the Shiyte teams he has been on loan with (exception Wales) Do you rush out and spunk 50mil plus on unproven Epl (defence) players.

So many uncertainties in midfield and attack.. Keep Gilmour Pulisic Ziyech Werner Cho jorghinho Lukaku.

Me, I just want us to sign Kounde and take it from there. I am not a fence sitter so would be more than happy to see Jorg and Lukaku go,not bothered about Pulisic, but would like Werner to stay.

I

1 hour ago, keithsimmonds said:

A little thrustrating but sooo much to be considered. Ghuehi livaremento Lamptey Tomori all left as they were behind the pecking order of Zouma Rudiger Alonso Dave Reece Chalobah  Christensen and Thiago. All of whom barring injury hold down regular first team positions. Ampudu may not have pulled up any trees given the Shiyte teams he has been on loan with (exception Wales) Do you rush out and spunk 50mil plus on unproven Epl (defence) players.

So many uncertainties in midfield and attack.. Keep Gilmour Pulisic Ziyech Werner Cho jorghinho Lukaku.

Me, I just want us to sign Kounde and take it from there. I am not a fence sitter so would be more than happy to see Jorg and Lukaku go,not bothered about Pulisic, but would like Werner to stay.

I have no idea how CFC managed to get rid of a whole whack of their brightest academy defensive players. You mention injuries, but I think it was poor judgement.  Losing Tomori was inexcusable.  Lampard was involved.

Ampadu has had his chances on loan.  I don't think any of his loans were poor teams. RB Leipzig rarely played him because he wasn't good enough.  He's still young, and I hope he works out for himself and Chelsea.  I hope CFC gets a name CB.  We sure need one (two actually).  Pau Torres, Gvardiol or the ever-mentioned Kounde would be nice.  Of these, I only know of Torres being any good.

I think our midfield should be okay.  Like to see Gallagher playing.   I am not fussed about Gilmour.  Would like to CFC get shot of Barkley, Bakayoko, and Drinky.  I want Lukaku to leave too.  He won't be successful at CFC.  Hopefully they can send him back to Italy. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Raheem Sterling eh? Who would have thought it before the transfer window? A good signing I think. Has got lots of pace and, I can this now as he's a Chelsea player, class. Koulibaly looks in the same mould as Rudiger although anything that comes via Serie A, has me worried nowadays. Napoli fans think he walks on water though. I was annoyed when Ake left so I would be quite pleased to have him back. 

• 3 weeks later...

Very good 15 minute appearance from Cucurella.  Koulibaly can also be pleased with his Epl debut. Sterling was good imo so too Silva...nice to start with 3 points and glad there is a week before the next game.

On a personal note i dont see that Fofana worth anywhere near what Leicester supposedly value him at.

Good luck to Levi Colwill today who looking at Brightons defensive departures is almost certain to start.

• Like 1

A well earned 3 points against a negative Everton team, especially in the first half. Thiago was his usual imperious self while Koulibally showed what a great addition he is to the defence, calm, quick and comfortable with either left or right foot. In a packed midfield, I liked the way that Mount, Sterling, James and Havertz found pockets of space to work the ball. I was impressed with the way Cucurella came on and immediately slotted into the system. Kovacic on the bench and stayed there which was unusual.

45 minutes ago, keithsimmonds said:

Could not ask for a better performance from the boys than what they delivered yesterday. Loftus Cheek would be my motm...didn,t know he had it in him,great performance.

As for that northern cnutt Taylor and that other northern twatt Dean..neither should ever officiate a Chelsea match again.

Tuchel when this is reviewed will almost certainly get a season long touchline ban.....his behaviour at full time with Conte was appalling

He was absolutely disgusting....Taylor should have clearly ALREADY have sent him off having already been previously booked when he then decides to run the length of the touchline for their 2nd goal

Chelsea moaning need to watch this at 1.35 where Bentacuar clearly edges the ball first

Typical Chelsea always somebody elses fault

Feel free to apologise

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Chivas said:

Tuchel when this is reviewed will almost certainly get a season long touchline ban.....his behaviour at full time with Conte was appalling

He was absolutely disgusting....Taylor should have clearly ALREADY have sent him off having already been previously booked when he then decides to run the length of the touchline for their 2nd goal

Chelsea moaning need to watch this at 1.35 where Bentacuar clearly edges the ball first

Typical Chelsea always somebody elses fault

Feel free to apologise

What tf has that waffle got to do with what i posted?

If your unfamiliar with Taylors pi** poor refereeing when it involves us then there is plenty of you tube clips available to back up our anger at his complete bias against us.

4 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

What tf has that waffle got to do with what i posted?

If your unfamiliar with Taylors pi** poor refereeing when it involves us then there is plenty of you tube clips available to back up our anger at his complete bias against us.

Typical Bridge supporter

All throughout the game Chelsea were kicking shight out of Spurs midfield and your "referee" let it go in your favour

You dropped points. Get over it.  Havertz should have been sent off twice for kicking Romero of the ball

You clearly still hankering for Conte to rejoin you. Not happening

5 minutes ago, Chivas said:

Typical Bridge supporter

All throughout the game Chelsea were kicking shight out of Spurs midfield and your "referee" let it go in your favour

You dropped points. Get over it.  Havertz should have been sent off twice for kicking Romero of the ball

You clearly still hankering for Conte to rejoin you. Not happening

Consistent with your waffle... Not on point yet again.

You got lucky and that,s it....2 bald headed coots who Don,t know what it, s like to have there hair pulled.. Gifted you a second corner that should have been a  red card and a  free kick too us... End of.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, jellydog said:

I see Chelsea are after Anthony Gordon of Everton. He's the worst diver/simulator in the league. Even worse than Richarlison!

I'd like you to put a stop to this, Keef.

Tuchel will put a stop to it when we get him. An all action player with skill and pace to burn. He'll do for me.

15 hours ago, jellydog said:

I see Chelsea are after Anthony Gordon of Everton. He's the worst diver/simulator in the league. Even worse than Richarlison!

I'd like you to put a stop to this, Keef.

Sorry Jelly.....i have no say on this one and have to bow to Og,s superior knowledge.  Bit out of left field for me as I did not see him on our radar... rather stick with what we have in Havertz and Broja myself.

Is he really a bigger diver than "Snowy" Richarlison?

4 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

Sorry Jelly.....i have no say on this one and have to bow to Og,s superior knowledge.  Bit out of left field for me as I did not see him on our radar... rather stick with what we have in Havertz and Broja myself.

Is he really a bigger diver than "Snowy" Richarlison?

Horrible diver, keef. Dramatic. Should have been an actress.