The Official Chelsea FC Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

5 minutes ago, voulez vous said:

I think Potter has done a wrong one here. He should have seen the season through with his club.

he had a good thing going at Brighton. Now he is in the furnace of one of the most high-profile clubs in the world.

For something like $50mil on a 5 year contract. He ain't unhappy.

34 minutes ago, jellydog said:

It's not all about money is it!

What happened to loyalty and family?

If he did it just for money he is a greedy <deleted> IMO.

Edited by voulez vous
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, voulez vous said:

I think Potter has done a wrong one here. He should have seen the season through with his club.

he had a good thing going at Brighton. Now he is in the furnace of one of the most high-profile clubs in the world.

It's called ambition. 

• Like 2

Ambition is the key..though not for everyone. Lawrie McMenemy once offered the Man U job but instead stayed at Southampton if irc...Matt le Tissier same...some (maybe) like to be a big fish in a small pond?

Anyway Potter like,s a Chelsea player (lamptey colwill Gilmour) and he doesn,t even have to move house. Win win Win.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, jellydog said:

Ambition or greed? Maybe a bit, or a lot, of both.

6 hours ago, oldgit said:

It's called ambition. 

Chelsea should have got an interim guy in. Wasn't there an assistant? Potter could have moved at the end of the season.

TBH, I don't like it at all. But I'll be cheering Brighton on; and booing Chelsea.

Edited by voulez vous
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, voulez vous said:

Ambition or greed? Maybe a bit, or a lot, of both.

Chelsea should have got an interim guy in. Wasn't there an assistant? Potter could have moved at the end of the season.

TBH, I don't like it at all. But I'll be cheering Brighton on; and booing Chelsea.

Knock yourself out. You can boo to your life's content, it won't make a blind bit of difference.

• Like 1

Draw was a fair result imho....game was slightly ruined by some bloke booing all night ????.

Thought the ref was 10 times better than any of our Epl moron,s.

My only criticism and i am prepared to get slated for this..who care it,s only my opinion...Reece James...please cross/pass the ball forward 1st time every time and not the pass back to..  whoever.?

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, keithsimmonds said:

Draw was a fair result imho....game was slightly ruined by some bloke booing all night ????.

My only criticism and i am prepared to get slated for this..who care it,s only my opinion...Reece James...please cross/pass the ball forward 1st time every time and not the pass back to..  whoever.?

Agree Keith. James had their full back in his pocket in the first half but, for some reason only he knows, he became negative and lazy, especially after we scored. He had acres of space to run into but, as you pointed out, dwelt on the ball and passed back. In fact, he failed to close down the bloke that crossed the ball which set up their first chance in the game. Lack of concentration or sheer boredom? Graham needs to sort him out mentally. There were others that took too many touches instead of getting rid of the ball first time.

Overall, some positives for Potter to ponder and confidence issues to sort out. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

I think I know who that booing man was. Did he have a French accent?

Reece James knows that giving the ball away is a footy crime.

• 3 weeks later...

A lot for the doctor (GP:wink:) to take away from that game...maybe start with Jorginho and Kovacic (take them away) both are way too slow on the ball and both seem to think that they can not be tackled period....and lose the ball...over confident or just plain dumb...i,ll go for the latter.

Chilwell 15 passes on the trot to him in the 1st half and all were played straight back to whom it came from (quality).

Fofana thuccked up twice for there goal but to his credit he improved and i would actually have him as my motm. Cant fault Thiago ...both Havertz and Mount need to finish like they do for there countries.

Still it is very very early days and that is twice now we have come from a losing position and then taken all 3 points...now that is good.

That bloke Zakaria (i think he could be good) and probably Koulibaly will both play in midweek...a game we must win and keep a clean sheet.

Dont get me wrong..i am a happy camper.

7 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

A lot for the doctor (GP:wink:) to take away from that game...maybe start with Jorginho and Kovacic (take them away) both are way too slow on the ball and both seem to think that they can not be tackled period....and lose the ball...over confident or just plain dumb...i,ll go for the latter.

Chilwell 15 passes on the trot to him in the 1st half and all were played straight back to whom it came from (quality).

Fofana thuccked up twice for there goal but to his credit he improved and i would actually have him as my motm. Cant fault Thiago ...both Havertz and Mount need to finish like they do for there countries.

Still it is very very early days and that is twice now we have come from a losing position and then taken all 3 points...now that is good.

That bloke Zakaria (i think he could be good) and probably Koulibaly will both play in midweek...a game we must win and keep a clean sheet.

Dont get me wrong..i am a happy camper.

I agree about Jorginho Keith and, I must admit, Kovacic was caught too many times dallying on the ball, which is unlike him. Is he 100% fit, I kept asking myself during the game? We're missing Kante big time, who is someone who does know how to release the ball quickly. Aubameyang scored but is he someone who thinks his body is a temple or what? He certainly looks after himself. Chilwell crapped himself when Ayew closed him down. Why? Because he isn't fast enough to recover if he made a mistake and would be left in Ayew's wake. So back it went. He was the main reason why we created nothing in midfield, so it was left to Thiago to pick out someone with his long, raking passes. Incidentally, the sheep were all screaming for a red card when Thiago handled the ball half a mile from the goal. Wasn't it a foul first as he was bundled over?

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, oldgit said:

I agree about Jorginho Keith and, I must admit, Kovacic was caught too many times dallying on the ball, which is unlike him. Is he 100% fit, I kept asking myself during the game? We're missing Kante big time, who is someone who does know how to release the ball quickly. Aubameyang scored but is he someone who thinks his body is a temple or what? He certainly looks after himself. Chilwell crapped himself when Ayew closed him down. Why? Because he isn't fast enough to recover if he made a mistake and would be left in Ayew's wake. So back it went. He was the main reason why we created nothing in midfield, so it was left to Thiago to pick out someone with his long, raking passes. Incidentally, the sheep were all screaming for a red card when Thiago handled the ball half a mile from the goal. Wasn't it a foul first as he was bundled over?

Got a laugh he handled it twice so 2 yellow cards or 3 times and it, s an automatic hanging or death by stoning or chop of hand's . (just practicing for quatar world Cup) 

James played one 1st time ball in that 2nd half to Havertz or Auba  can't remember which but That is what is requited from him on a regular basis... It was after all his 1st time crossfield pass to Thiago that led to Auba, s goal.... More of the same please Reece????.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Once he handled it first , then the game would be stopped and so the second hand ball wouldn't count as a hand ball because the game had stopped 

Watch the geniuses on Motd.. They think different... I put that down to too much heading with those older style balls. ????????????

Feel free to give me a shout if you are in Krabi - I'm driving down to the Malaysian border in about 5 hours time - Hopefully get straight back in again - If so, I'll be back in Krabi again late tomorrow night ????

• Haha 1

Good win in the end given a nervy start,and a clean sheet was all important.

Cant fault Thiago another solid display and i thought Rlc was good and Kovacic looked after the ball better and at times played it quicker and none of that kamikaze stuff. Chalobah,s did okay when he came on,nothing rash just solid, he is going to get to play more given Fofana,s injury.

If we can repeat this win again next week then progression from the group will be in our own hands.

• Like 1

Nothing like confidence, not only in yourself but the rest of your teammates, to get the desired result. Since Potter and his staff have arrived, there's been a togetherness within the squad. The starting line up running through brick walls to get the ball and the bench cheering them on.

I like the way Graham P has complete trust in his players by making seven changes for this game. They worked hard and should have been more than one up at the break, with a bit more composure. That goal just before half time was vital, as I could picture the armchair judges in the television studios all nodding in unison that Potter had made a mistake with too many changes. Absolutely delighted to see Pulisic and Broja get their goals as they have been struggling to find the net of late.

• Like 1