The Official Chelsea FC Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

2 hours ago, oldgit said:

What was it? 4-1 Brazil before the competition started? Anybody would think you nicked the Crown Jewels! 4's is a reasonable price, nothing more and nothing less.

Simmonds aint got <deleted> all to say,  just likes to post a ha ha emoji - Guaranteed a Churchills fan boy over there in the Pattaya with his Rentboy Hero, Mariner - Ain't excactly the Crown Jewels, but if they win, I'm gonna have some fun with you MUGS -  I'm in for 10 Large ????

2 hours ago, RedArmy said:

Simmonds aint got <deleted> all to say,  just likes to post a ha ha emoji - Guaranteed a Churchills fan boy over there in the Pattaya with his Rentboy Hero, Mariner - Ain't excactly the Crown Jewels, but if they win, I'm gonna have some fun with you MUGS -  I'm in for 10 Large ????

I do think that Jasons bar in Pattaya has closed down now , got raided by the Police or something , so no more Churchills now . Terrace legend Icky is over there at the moment , having a few things done 

My intention was always to just have a bit of football banter with you lot, but i can sense quite a bit of animosity lately & that aint good for anyone - Life is too short.

So Oldgit, Keithsimmonds & Mac, I'll refrain from posting on your forum from now on & leave you lot to it.

Apologies to anyone who has been offended by my posts on here, i probably talk to much when I'm <deleted> up but i genuinely don't mean any harm to anyone.

Stay safe chaps, enjoy the rest of the season & all the best ????

• Like 1

On 11/30/2022 at 7:41 AM, RedArmy said:

My intention was always to just have a bit of football banter with you lot, but i can sense quite a bit of animosity lately & that aint good for anyone - Life is too short.

So Oldgit, Keithsimmonds & Mac, I'll refrain from posting on your forum from now on & leave you lot to it.

Apologies to anyone who has been offended by my posts on here, i probably talk to much when I'm <deleted> up but i genuinely don't mean any harm to anyone.

Stay safe chaps, enjoy the rest of the season & all the best ????

It's what you perceive to be funny which others don't. Name calling, bitchy personal remarks and continuously patting yourself on the back is tedious and isn't football banter at all and isn't remotely clever. People become quickly fed up with all that <deleted>.

• Thumbs Up 2

Dennis eventually got some minutes for the Swiss yesterday,and done okay. Lucky though that his attempted head butt didn,t or has n,t drawn closer attention.

Got a bad feeling about the England v Senegal game....probably going to be a tart in the commentary box....nothing for me ruins watching (men,s) football more than a woman commentating on it.

Ziyech aint coming home yet as i can see his mob upsetting Spain..likewise Pulisic?

4 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

Dennis eventually got some minutes for the Swiss yesterday,and done okay. Lucky though that his attempted head butt didn,t or has n,t drawn closer attention.

Got a bad feeling about the England v Senegal game....probably going to be a tart in the commentary box....nothing for me ruins watching (men,s) football more than a woman commentating on it.

Ziyech aint coming home yet as i can see his mob upsetting Spain..likewise Pulisic?

Haha, yeah there's been a concerted effort by the TV companies to introduce the female element into sport commentating, punditry and interviewing. A few are OK but BT Sports in particular have laid it on them to be as cringeworthy as possible. Definitely some players turning up at the World Cup, hoping their reputation will get them through (Neuer for one, who's been diabolical) and others out to prove a point to their clubs in particular.

On 12/5/2022 at 8:13 PM, keithsimmonds said:

Stephanie Frappart gets a free pass in mens football for me... a very good referee. Would like to see her get a Brazil game and send "Snowy" off... Bleached hair diving little <deleted>.

I bet Thiago is delighted to be associated with those, preening, self indulgent, diving show offs.

11 hours ago, oldgit said:

I bet Thiago is delighted to be associated with those, preening, self indulgent, diving show offs.

He,ll be a party pooper if he don,t join in...".thuccking harlem globe trotting side"....bit of luck won,t be seeing them in the final...i hope.????

13 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

He,ll be a party pooper if he don,t join in...".thuccking harlem globe trotting side"....bit of luck won,t be seeing them in the final...i hope.????

Them and Argentina can get th&*&ed. Regarding the England v France game and the Walker -Mbappe match up the world is talking about, I wouldn't put it past Deschamps to play Mbappe down the centre, Giroud on the bench and some other French flying machine on the left.

23 hours ago, oldgit said:

Them and Argentina can get th&*&ed. Regarding the England v France game and the Walker -Mbappe match up the world is talking about, I wouldn't put it past Deschamps to play Mbappe down the centre, Giroud on the bench and some other French flying machine on the left.

Unfortunately the fawning and crowing for one South American side will continue..but only for one more game....i hope.

Ronaldo if he gets any minutes tonight will struggle to make any impact with Gary Neville,s head wedged so firmly up his aarrssse.

As for England,no matter who starts they will have a game changing bench (If Needed)...not going to be a problem either if Walker loses his head and gets an early yellow....

Cant see Kovacic playing for us again till very late January....i am knackered just looking at him.:wink:

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

Unfortunately the fawning and crowing for one South American side will continue..but only for one more game....i hope.

Ronaldo if he gets any minutes tonight will struggle to make any impact with Gary Neville,s head wedged so firmly up his aarrssse.

As for England,no matter who starts they will have a game changing bench (If Needed)...not going to be a problem either if Walker loses his head and gets an early yellow....

Cant see Kovacic playing for us again till very late January....i am knackered just looking at him.:wink:

Yes Keith, the snowy topped Neymar clones are sashaying their way back to Sth. America. One down and one to go. Kovacic was outstanding but Modric was the star of the show. What a th^&^ing he is! 

• Like 1

I think Morocco will be a tough nut to crack and I am not sure how Portugal will try to crack it.

No disrespect to Morocco but should we beat France I would rather we face them than the Portuguese.

Chelsea v Villa 9.10 pm tomorrow night ???? Friendly my arrrsse... Don't beat them or play well and Potters name will be written in pencil...easy to rub out.

Edited by keithsimmonds

19 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

I think Morocco will be a tough nut to crack and I am not sure how Portugal will try to crack it.

No disrespect to Morocco but should we beat France I would rather we face them than the Portuguese.

Chelsea v Villa 9.10 pm tomorrow night ???? Friendly my arrrsse... Don't beat them or play well and Potters name will be written in pencil...easy to rub out.

Delighted to see the minnows Morocco beat Portugal. Our game was similar to the Brazil v Croatia game in many respects, one team very proactive, quick one touch football, getting the ball forward as early as possible, while the other team had a more measured approach. The difference was, they took their chances and we didn't.

As far as Potter's future, there will be plenty of embarrassing, red faces in the boardroom if they get rid of him this quick. Is Todd Boehly the sort of man who admits his f@%ks up this early? I don't think so. The 'party line' will be that this a "transitional season" but the problem with that is, the majority of our squad will be looking for Champions League football 2023 -2024, so the pressure is on!

• 3 weeks later...

Good starting line up imo ... But question marks hang over both Pulisic and Sterling imho... Glad to see Dennis get a start, and James being back is a big plus. Starting line up has to do the business as the bench looks a little light...as it is full of relatively young inexperienced but talented individuals. Cotc.

A totally dominant first half where we could have been 4-0 up at the break, and it wouldn't have been an injustice. Our football was quick and decisive, got past their press and poured forward. The second half was the polar opposite. We became negative, loose in our passing and certain players stopped working. Fatigue or boredom? I b%$&dy hope it's the former because we won't get away with such poor play against better teams. A decent full debut for Zakaria but the James injury is a big worry as he looked excellent. The two substitutions did nothing to enhance the team. Gallagher was well off the pace and looked like he'd just rolled out of bed. Aubamyang was his usual useless, lazy self.

Edited by oldgit
  • Like 1

Yep, chalk and cheese those 2 half's of football....Pulisic did not impress me one bit,and why potter could not solve Dave getting exposed nearly every time Bournemouth came down that side is a little worrying...i,ll just remember the 1st half and hope the second performance won,t be repeated again.????

• Like 1

Looks like the Boehly inspired package of signing promising young players that are quick, but not costing bombs is well under way. No superstars but good, intelligent investigating of talent that is about to take off. And that is what we desperately need, especially in midfield where we look a bit leggy without Kova and Kante.

12 hours ago, Black Ops said:

ANDREY SANTOS is set to arrive in London today ahead of his proposed move to Chelsea.

The Brazilian, 18, has been scouted by the likes of Manchester City, Newcastle and Barcelona this year, making him one of the most sought-after teenagers in world football.

I wouldn't be surprised if Thiago's influence was pivotal here.....If it's true of course as, anything the Sun reports, has to be taken with a pinch of salt.

That was <deleted>...shown up in the 2nd half by Forest,s desire and determination to win as opposed to our lack lustre "Lets see What happens"approach.

I thought both Pulisic and Sterling offered absolutely Jack <deleted>ttt...neither of them are consistent at covering/tracking back and helping there respective full backs. Dave bless him is past it in the position he played in and would be better suited in a three...or not played at all and Chalobah brought instead.

Dennis had a game to forget and does not look 100% fit imho. Ziyech looked good when he came on but compared to the rest of the team it was easy to look good.

Potter wont last till the end of the month if these lacklustre performances continue.

11 minutes ago, keithsimmonds said:

That was <deleted>...shown up in the 2nd half by Forest,s desire and determination to win as opposed to our lack lustre "Lets see What happens"approach.

I thought both Pulisic and Sterling offered absolutely Jack <deleted>ttt...neither of them are consistent at covering/tracking back and helping there respective full backs. Dave bless him is past it in the position he played in and would be better suited in a three...or not played at all and Chalobah brought instead.

Dennis had a game to forget and does not look 100% fit imho. Ziyech looked good when he came on but compared to the rest of the team it was easy to look good.

Potter wont last till the end of the month if these lacklustre performances continue.

Sterling is a big disappointment in a Chelsea shirt, weak in the tackle and retaining position. Too many times he was given the ball and lost it, thereby putting the rest of the team on the back foot. He can go now and won't be missed.

We've GOT to address the lack of pace and acceleration in midfield and on the wings. Teams like Forest pour forward on the counter and we are struggling in their wake. Pleased to see Gallagher coming on and looking like his old self, busy and productive while Kova showed his usual energy and positive attitude. If only he could pass though! You couldn't give Aubamyang away, never mind selling him the way he's performing. Absolutely no interest in helping the team when he appears. Dennis needs to improve, not only his fitness but his pace and drive. News that Kante is near signing a new contract is a big distraction out of the way

Now Beatrix, because of so called 'big' players underperforming, who were already there when he arrived, is under the cosh. He has, up until now, always dealt with and improved, the lesser lights in the footballing fraternity, but now he's having to deal with inflated egos which is totally alien to him. I reckon that's why, in this transfer window and beyond, he wants players he can improve and not Big Time Charlies. Personally, I hope he's given the chance, Forget this season's Premier League top four and next season's Champions League. Let's get our own house in order first and kick on with his player choices. We've dipped in the past and come back stronger because that's the club's mentality. Bloody-mindedness!

As an example and a parallel, people and so called experts are, as usual being reactive (being reactive means that you can never be wrong), gushing and drooling about Eddie Howe's great job at Newcastle and how he's transformed the team, conveniently forgetting that, back in late 2021 when he arrived, he made the worst start by any manager in the history of the club. The fact that he's still there and under the new Saudi ownership is a miracle. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Nice post Og you got more patience than i have. Midnight i was fairly happy and could see us winning by the 3 to 4 goal margin i predicted,but then they scored and we just fell off a cliff...abysmal.

Looking at "Beatrix and James Corden" both were dumbfounded/bewildered as to what to do next. Yes the introduction of Kovacic Gallagher and Ziyech did force us to play more aggressive but it was too little too late.

Are we going to play on the front against City or are we going to sit deep?

Sterling will probably start as i cant see Beatrix dropping him but Pulisic wont be starting imho and does not deserve too.