The Official Chelsea FC Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

5 hours ago, oldgit said:

A very handy win with some good performances, none more so than Gallagher who was everywhere. Kante wasn't far behind, controlling the midfield in the early part of the game, when our confidence was low. The man just gets on with it. Badiashile got better as the game wore on. Madueke was a box of tricks and drove their wing back mad. Mudryk was quiet but there's a bomb under this bloke. He'll get better when he integrates into the squad.

Note to Chelsea FC: Do not lose patience with him as we did before with Salah and De Bruyne

The subs. by Frank worked with Felix showing his class.

I wonder if the renewed energy from some is down to Pocchetino's impending arrival?

Havertz would up his game for a new boss (don't think he is happy with Frank?)

Yeah subs were good... and they all added something.

Left back is the next concern for the Forrest game... Hall or Cucurella... Definitely not Dave please.

Kovacic is next to get the cold shoulder from Frank... Not that he cares as I think he will go to City?

Can't really blame the owner if he wants to cash in on the Chelsea homegrown talent, so we might never see Colwill play for us... Shame I rate him.

14 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

Havertz would up his game for a new boss (don't think he is happy with Frank?)

Yeah subs were good... and they all added something.

Left back is the next concern for the Forrest game... Hall or Cucurella... Definitely not Dave please.

Kovacic is next to get the cold shoulder from Frank... Not that he cares as I think he will go to City?

Can't really blame the owner if he wants to cash in on the Chelsea homegrown talent, so we might never see Colwill play for us... Shame I rate him.

Cucurella definitely Keith. I still can't forget Hall's nightmare last match. Or we could go three at the back with Fofana (a precautionary measure why he was left out last time) , Thiago and Badiashile. Maybe Havertz was a bit rusty last time as it seemed he was always a yard off the pace. Yeah, I like Colwill as well but he's got stern competition in defence. When he gets his chance, he needs to prove his worth as he's got the ability.

With our new found confidence (?), we need to take the game to Forest, so Felix and Havertz as a front two with a five man midfield with two attacking wingers.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, oldgit said:

Cucurella definitely Keith. I still can't forget Hall's nightmare last match. Or we could go three at the back with Fofana (a precautionary measure why he was left out last time) , Thiago and Badiashile. Maybe Havertz was a bit rusty last time as it seemed he was always a yard off the pace. Yeah, I like Colwill as well but he's got stern competition in defence. When he gets his chance, he needs to prove his worth as he's got the ability.

With our new found confidence (?), we need to take the game to Forest, so Felix and Havertz as a front two with a five man midfield with two attacking wingers.

I.ll go with that...put 4 past Forrest and not lose to either of the mancs and a little bit more feel good factor will be back.

Reality is that if we sell Conor Mount Cho Rlc Chalobah Colwill Anjorin James Broja Ampadu Humphreys..and Dujon Sterling..that will wipe out the 600 mil spent in one go....as that was spread over 6/7/8 years. I hope we dont do that as Pulisic Kovacic Sterling Lukaku Bakayoko Rahman Kepa Dave and Auba...(Ziyech is in pencil) should be sold 1st imho.

On 5/8/2023 at 11:19 AM, oldgit said:

Looking like Hall for the Forrest match as both Chilwell and Cucu are doubtful.. He, ll be okay as he was played out of position last time. In theory this should be a great game as Forrest won, t fear us and need the points for survival.... Comes down to who score's the most. ????

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

16 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

Looking like Hall for the Forrest match as both Chilwell and Cucu are doubtful.. He, ll be okay as he was played out of position last time. In theory this should be a great game as Forrest won, t fear us and need the points for survival.... Comes down to who score's the most. ????

I'll have our defence over there's any time. They've got Arsenal at home and Palace away after us, so they will fancy their chances against us. We score early though, and it will open up the game but, I reckon they'll always be looking to defend and counter if they're in with a chance.

• Like 2

Did n,t really expect any other result though i did f/cast3-2  :sad:...thought even before his injury Kovacic looked like he could n,t be bothered,and Loftus Cheek when he came on just looked lost????. Mendy showed why he has n,t been playing lately (What a howler) Conor was everywhere as usual including in the Refs notebook (as usual).Chalobah is still a keeper for me and Hall should probably go on loan for a season. Madueke is a good looking prospect. Enzo as usual worked hard and tried his best (another keeper) Sterling..i just don,t know,i don,t whether he was playing for us or himself or just wanted to be in the line up for City next week?

Still got Ziyech in pencil. Think we have a buy back clause on both Guehi and Tomori and with Colwill  coming back the possible loss of Thiago is no big deal imho.

So Poch will be announced in the next 24/48 hours..okay with me,just hope his has some good backroom staff..maybe he will give Terry a job as he want be staying at relegated Leicester?

On 5/14/2023 at 7:53 PM, keithsimmonds said:

Did n,t really expect any other result though i did f/cast3-2  :sad:...thought even before his injury Kovacic looked like he could n,t be bothered,and Loftus Cheek when he came on just looked lost????. Mendy showed why he has n,t been playing lately (What a howler) Conor was everywhere as usual including in the Refs notebook (as usual).Chalobah is still a keeper for me and Hall should probably go on loan for a season. Madueke is a good looking prospect. Enzo as usual worked hard and tried his best (another keeper) Sterling..i just don,t know,i don,t whether he was playing for us or himself or just wanted to be in the line up for City next week?

Still got Ziyech in pencil. Think we have a buy back clause on both Guehi and Tomori and with Colwill  coming back the possible loss of Thiago is no big deal imho.

So Poch will be announced in the next 24/48 hours..okay with me,just hope his has some good backroom staff..maybe he will give Terry a job as he want be staying at relegated Leicester?

I didn't see the game because of an electrical black out in the village but a very disappointing result on the back of, what I thought would be, a confidence building win at Bournemouth. Plus the thought of an incoming manager, I thought, would see an uplift in spirit by some players desperate to put on a show. It sounds like that didn't happen by all accounts.

I was listening to a former colleague of Pocchetino this morning, in which he said that he "puts a lot of store on the character of a player he wants at his club." Judging by the last few months, he'll have his work cut out with most of this lot

Mendy coming in got me thinking. Was Frank told to play him by Boehly to prove to any prospective buyers that he was fit and ready? Of course, Pocchetino will need to trim the squad but, with very little form to go on, some of these high earners especially, will find themselves going out on loan as they'll be virtually impossible to sell. Lukaku is like an albatross around the club's neck. His return will do nothing for me. I've never liked the bloke from day one. He makes Michail Antonio look like Usain Bolt.

The situation with Felix is that the club want to loan him another year. We'll never see the best of him if he's being messed about by us and Athletico. I would definitely sign him but it looks like Boehly and co. will have to balance the books first.

2 hours ago, oldgit said:

I didn't see the game because of an electrical black out in the village but a very disappointing result on the back of, what I thought would be, a confidence building win at Bournemouth. Plus the thought of an incoming manager, I thought, would see an uplift in spirit by some players desperate to put on a show. It sounds like that didn't happen by all accounts.

I was listening to a former colleague of Pocchetino this morning, in which he said that he "puts a lot of store on the character of a player he wants at his club." Judging by the last few months, he'll have his work cut out with most of this lot

Mendy coming in got me thinking. Was Frank told to play him by Boehly to prove to any prospective buyers that he was fit and ready? Of course, Pocchetino will need to trim the squad but, with very little form to go on, some of these high earners especially, will find themselves going out on loan as they'll be virtually impossible to sell. Lukaku is like an albatross around the club's neck. His return will do nothing for me. I've never liked the bloke from day one. He makes Michail Antonio look like Usain Bolt.

The situation with Felix is that the club want to loan him another year. We'll never see the best of him if he's being messed about by us and Athletico. I would definitely sign him but it looks like Boehly and co. will have to balance the books first.

On balancing the books,i cant see us keeping Levi (who had an excellent game against the arssse)..rumour has it at least 4 clubs are lining to to gain his services. 40+ million for a player who cost us nowt is unfortunately a no brainer....especially given the 160+million we spent on Kouli Bads Fofana and Cucu.....Shame.

13 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

On balancing the books,i cant see us keeping Levi (who had an excellent game against the arssse)..rumour has it at least 4 clubs are lining to to gain his services. 40+ million for a player who cost us nowt is unfortunately a no brainer....especially given the 160+million we spent on Kouli Bads Fofana and Cucu.....Shame.

That would be a bit short sighted by the board Keith. He will, in my opinion, be worth a lot more than that with more first team opportunities. I'm sure Pocchetino will give him every chance to prove his worth. He's young, dynamic and quick. Thiago, as much as I admire the bloke, has probably one season left, so there's room in the defence. Azpilicueta, a fantastic defender for us but now showing his age, will be gone this summer so there's another opening for someone on the right side. It looks like Mount is on his way out as a contract cannot be agreed. 

16 hours ago, oldgit said:

,,,,,'some players desperate to put on a show'.

What's the matter with some of these players? Seems to me they are scared to break into a sweat. United players the same until Mr Ronaldo left. Then all of a sudden Fred learnt how to pass the ball straight. Is there something similar at The Bridge?

I'm baffled by Pulisic. No doubting his talent. Cost a fortune. But how/why has he suddenly become a very average player?

3 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

What's the matter with some of these players? Seems to me they are scared to break into a sweat. United players the same until Mr Ronaldo left. Then all of a sudden Fred learnt how to pass the ball straight. Is there something similar at The Bridge?

I'm baffled by Pulisic. No doubting his talent. Cost a fortune. But how/why has he suddenly become a very average player?

Confidence and ego has a lot to do with it. If they're not playing, their value in the transfer market goes down, their agents, wary of their reduction in prospective transfer fees, are in their ear plus their standing amonst all the other egos in the squad is affected. The fact that they're pulling in a few hundred thousand pound a week is irrelevant in their eyes. If the manager doesn't like me, I'm not playing. Guaranteed there are a few of the senior players on the periphery, who are letting it be known to the rest of the squad, that they're unhappy and want out.

Pulisic has had countless injuries over the years, which has affected his confidence to not only take defenders on, but roast them as well. Brilliant in his prime but that was 2-3 seasons ago. We still get the odd, good game out of him but now, they're few and far between.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, oldgit said:

That would be a bit short sighted by the board Keith. He will, in my opinion, be worth a lot more than that with more first team opportunities. I'm sure Pocchetino will give him every chance to prove his worth. He's young, dynamic and quick. Thiago, as much as I admire the bloke, has probably one season left, so there's room in the defence. Azpilicueta, a fantastic defender for us but now showing his age, will be gone this summer so there's another opening for someone on the right side. It looks like Mount is on his way out as a contract cannot be agreed. 

Short sighted or not Og,are they really going to give Poch what he wants at the expense of them having a <deleted>t load of Egg on face.

Geuhi Livramento Lamptey Tomori... That list will get a lot bigger come the transfer window opening up..we could see up to 6 homegrown talent no longer at the club...

On 5/17/2023 at 1:01 PM, keithsimmonds said:

Short sighted or not Og,are they really going to give Poch what he wants at the expense of them having a <deleted>t load of Egg on face.

Geuhi Livramento Lamptey Tomori... That list will get a lot bigger come the transfer window opening up..we could see up to 6 homegrown talent no longer at the club...

Not everything for sure, but the existing squad plus the Under 21's contain loads of talent for Pocchetino and his staff to get their teeth into. Pocchetino strikes me as someone who won't get messed around by the board, because they're afraid of losing face. Boehly's stated that he's made mistakes since taking over, so I don't think Pocchetino's hands will be tied in incomings and outgoings.

On chances created, we should have beaten City yesterday. Granted it had the look of a pre season friendly, but it was still encouraging to see a bit of effort. How much are these carpet slippers that they play in? A monkey a pair? Maybe even a grand but players still needlessly slip over or the things come flying off after a tackle? These boot manufacturers are a waste of space.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, owl sees all said:

Some encouraging signs against City last evening.

Apart from the goal and the possession, the stats read well.

TBF OSA, I don't think much encouragement can be taken from that. If you saw our starting 11, you'd know it was made up of several youth's, the second choice goalie and Phillips who has hardly played this season. Couple with the fact we were also in party mode, there is some serious work needs to be done at Chelsea over the closed season. IMO, of course

• Like 2

I steer away from pi**ng contests or my Dad's bigger than your Dad blixs.... Second half we played much much  better than we did in the 1st half... Also that was our strongest 11 as we had nobody missing through injuries ????????????

Edited by keithsimmonds
  • Haha 2

SPANKED, well & truly spanked - Your team is one shower of sh ite -  We await the boring match analysis from you two fine gentlemen -  Keep sucking each other's nuts but remember - UNITED  4 - RENTBOYS 1 ????????????

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, RedArmy said:

SPANKED, well & truly spanked - Your team is one shower of sh ite -  We await the boring match analysis from you two fine gentlemen -  Keep sucking each other's nuts but remember - UNITED  4 - RENTBOYS 1 ????????????

Why u no listen? I dont do immature childish baiting trolling aggravating insulting responses......keep all that on your Manc threads.

• Like 1

Some good things to take from that defeat for sure.Hall had another fine game where as Fofana had a game to forget (needs to mature a bit). Enzo was good yet again and is the future of our club imho. Conor does too much at times and early doors trying to press on 2 different players was wrong and should have let Havertz take one.Could quite easily have scored 3 to5 goals in that 1st and only a moron would disagree with that...............should be along soon:sleep:.

Seems years since the Tuchel/Conte spat....wow it,s been a long and painful season.....but that's all it is ...a season......not years and years of treading water just the one bad season......I hope.:thumbsup:

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

An encouraging display by the team with the substitutions adding that bit more dynamism. Definitely had much the better of the second half with chances going begging.

Judging by Loftus -Cheek's reaction, it looks like he's off to pastures new. A wasted talent in my opinion. If he had the same belief in himself, as others had, he would have been a shoe in at any club but, he just didn't have that swagger and self confidence that you need in his position. All the talent in the world. If he does go to AC Milan, I can see him taking the Serie A by storm.

It will be a very interesting summer with Pocchetino running the rule over the squad. We've got three left wing backs so surely one must go? Young Harvey has shown what a huge talent he is and must stay (pity that he's not a yard quicker though) while I would have Cucerella over Chilwell. One man we must sort out is Felix. Get him at the club because he's got that pace and trickery that can open up any defence.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, oldgit said:

An encouraging display by the team with the substitutions adding that bit more dynamism. Definitely had much the better of the second half with chances going begging.

Judging by Loftus -Cheek's reaction, it looks like he's off to pastures new. A wasted talent in my opinion. If he had the same belief in himself, as others had, he would have been a shoe in at any club but, he just didn't have that swagger and self confidence that you need in his position. All the talent in the world. If he does go to AC Milan, I can see him taking the Serie A by storm.

It will be a very interesting summer with Pocchetino running the rule over the squad. We've got three left wing backs so surely one must go? Young Harvey has shown what a huge talent he is and must stay (pity that he's not a yard quicker though) while I would have Cucerella over Chilwell. One man we must sort out is Felix. Get him at the club because he's got that pace and trickery that can open up any defence.

Like you Og i would have Cucu over Chilwell. Rlc had some great moments but that,s all they were.... moments.
If it is to be Poch they had better appoint him before anyone leaves,can see quite a few not hanging around and heading for the exit.

Pretty sure that Mason Mount is off,his dad invited all his previous coaches into his box on Sunday...just the 4 of them but pretty poignant imho

3 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

Like you Og i would have Cucu over Chilwell. Rlc had some great moments but that,s all they were.... moments.
If it is to be Poch they had better appoint him before anyone leaves,can see quite a few not hanging around and heading for the exit.

Pretty sure that Mason Mount is off,his dad invited all his previous coaches into his box on Sunday...just the 4 of them but pretty poignant imho

Good luck to him if he wants to leave Keith He was good, sometimes outstanding but I won't lose any sleep if he goes. For a player of his ability, he disappeared too many times during games for my liking. when we needed him to step up. I don't feel the same remorse when Hazard left. I was inconsolable!

This summer break will definitely revitalise some players that, at this moment, look guaranteed to depart, especially now that Pocchetino is confirmed. Who will they be I wonder?

Apparently, he's managing a World XI in a charity match before he comes in in July.

7 minutes ago, oldgit said:

Good luck to him if he wants to leave Keith He was good, sometimes outstanding but I won't lose any sleep if he goes. For a player of his ability, he disappeared too many times during games for my liking. when we needed him to step up. I don't feel the same remorse when Hazard left. I was inconsolable!

This summer break will definitely revitalise some players that, at this moment, look guaranteed to depart, especially now that Pocchetino is confirmed. Who will they be I wonder?

Apparently, he's managing a World XI in a charity match before he comes in in July.

I,m not fussed by his impending departure either,same goes for Pulisic and so many others. As many as 15 will need to go as at least 4 of our loanees will possibly become part of the 1st Team squad and at least another 4 players will likely be brought in.

• 1 month later...

Got a sneaky feeling we are going to cash in on L. Colwill... already have Chilwell Cucurella and Hall on that left side so can't see us keeping all 4, and no one is in the market for the above 3 mentioned... unless they loan out Hall... I think Levi is as good as gone. Can see Connor going as well if Chelsea sign the Brighton lad.

4 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

Got a sneaky feeling we are going to cash in on L. Colwill... already have Chilwell Cucurella and Hall on that left side so can't see us keeping all 4, and no one is in the market for the above 3 mentioned... unless they loan out Hall... I think Levi is as good as gone. Can see Connor going as well if Chelsea sign the Brighton lad.

A lot to get our teeth into Keith, and more left sided wing backs /defenders than you can throw a stick at. The difference is, Colwill can play central defence as well as on the left, which is why, I think, Koulibally departed. He was probably told that there was no place for him because of Colwill. Plus Thiago will be playing about a third of the games, so Colwill will have plenty of action, unless Badiashile has some stormers.. If anybody is going, it will be Chalobah, probably on loan.

The area where we are overloaded is attacking wing backs. Pulisic, Ziyech, Hudson -Odoi need moving on while Aubameyang and Lukaku need to grow another leg to impress Pocchetino. It will be interesting to see if Sarr progresses and whether he will get loaned out.

Business wise, I think we've done OK so far. I think it was in Kante's mind that, one of the reasons he went to Saudi is because he wouldn't be coming up against his beloved Chelsea!

• Like 1

I hope your right Og... On kouli for Colwill, ????

Defence attack and attacking midfielder departments look covered with plenty of competition. We have only 3 genuine midfielders on the books at present.. Connor Enzo and Chuki plus Santos(?) Hall and James can both play in midfield but 2 more signings in that department would be ideal imho.

• Thumbs Up 1

18 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

I hope your right Og... On kouli for Colwill, ????

Defence attack and attacking midfielder departments look covered with plenty of competition. We have only 3 genuine midfielders on the books at present.. Connor Enzo and Chuki plus Santos(?) Hall and James can both play in midfield but 2 more signings in that department would be ideal imho.

It looks like the world and his wife is after Caicedo, which is why Brighton are milking it but, at 100 million pounds? It's not my money so I couldn't care f*&^ but I think Lavia at 19 years old, huge potential and half the price represents better value.

I've noticed a lot of the tabloid judges say that Kovacic going to City is a replacement for Gundogan! A completely different type of midfielder in my opinion. More dynamic in central midfield but isn't as good at passing as Gundogan and doesn't score as many.