The Official Chelsea FC Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

On 12/11/2023 at 7:48 AM, keithsimmonds said:

The defenders that are on our books are all okay imho though because of regular injuries to Chilwell and James and Fofana ...best to sell all of them if possible. Thiago is literally on his last legs,reads the game really well but is too slow to move the ball out of defence,all of our defenders make the odd mistake but the problem does not lie there imho...it is what is in front of them...but that,s for another day as i am knackered.

"In front of them" is right. Mudryk was disappointing in this game, as he had old man Young to contend with and should have eaten him for breakfast, but he kept making wrong decisions. Patterson coming on made his job harder. Broja hardly got a look in with their packed defence but he wasn't helped by the poor quality of ball into the area. Cucerella looked very lively and gave us width and pace. Palmer is much better employed in midfield. No complaints about Caceido, he's superb.

That was okay i suppose:sleep:thought Disasi was good Bads was okay keeper had nothing to do so no comment there. Sterling and Palmer seemed to cancel each other out at times and were much more positive and direct in the 2nd half. Conor was his usual self :thumbsup: and Mudryk was Mudryk was glimpses and flashes of what could be but no consistency.....Kante (Caicedo) was my Motm.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

That was okay i suppose:sleep:thought Disasi was good Bads was okay keeper had nothing to do so no comment there. Sterling and Palmer seemed to cancel each other out at times and were much more positive and direct in the 2nd half. Conor was his usual self :thumbsup: and Mudryk was Mudryk was glimpses and flashes of what could be but no consistency.....Kante (Caicedo) was my Motm.

Usual story in the first half, laboured football, plenty of possesion but no cutting edge. Wilder fancied his chances in the second half, so he pushed up to try to put our back four under pressure. Mistake! We have some talented, skilful defenders who can play out of defence. That left more room to operate for our offence. Odd reaction from Jackson when he scored. His demeanour was that he does this every week.

For once i could see us scoring and getting a result,it was only a matter of time,,but i could see it coming.

Is that the catalyst to go no to the next level,i think so and i think the crowd thought so too as they played there part in what was a cracking game imho,played in a cracking atmosphere.

Nice one lads and coaching staff....great management of the game.:thumbsup:

• Thumbs Up 1

14 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

What a jekyll and Hyde mob we are... ughhhhh

How many players took it upon themselves to do something utterly ridiculous... Collectively they are going to get Poch sacked,if they carry on with their juvenile I'll discipline. Very well paid Morons.

Yeah Keith, we got progressively ragged as the game went on. Even Conor got the bug and started making mistakes. We badly missed Caceido and Enzo in midfield, but oh! those chances we missed! Jackson is only good enough to sit on top of a Christmas tree. I don't like his attitude to the cause either.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, oldgit said:

Yeah Keith, we got progressively ragged as the game went on. Even Conor got the bug and started making mistakes. We badly missed Caceido and Enzo in midfield, but oh! those chances we missed! Jackson is only good enough to sit on top of a Christmas tree. I don't like his attitude to the cause either.

And another thing that gets my temperature up, commentators consistently finding excuses because "it was on his wrong foot". There shouldn't be a "wrong foot" if you're a professional playing in the best League in the world, should there?

3 hours ago, oldgit said:

And another thing that gets my temperature up, commentators consistently finding excuses because "it was on his wrong foot". There shouldn't be a "wrong foot" if you're a professional playing in the best League in the world, should there?

With you on that...if you can,t kick a ball with both feet you should n,t be playing the thuccking game.

Might be a blessing in disguise losing both Palmer and Sterling for the Palace game due to picking up utterly pointless yellow cards...means both Mudryk and Madueke will probably start and Lavia too. Might get to see Alfie Gilchrist and Alex Matos....not sure whether Caicedo will be fit but Enzo is definitely out..along with 9 others that are also out and 2 that are in Pencil....

Edited by keithsimmonds

12 hours ago, smokie36 said:

Agent Poch is having his finest season ever.

A billion quid!!!

Hilaroous to witness

Is that it ???

Of course the 15+ players we sold all went  for nothing..so yeah a billion quid.

You remind me of the loaf of bread i bought yesterday says...Thick Cut.

Edited by keithsimmonds

9 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

Is that it ???

Of course the 15+ players we sold all went  for nothing..so yeah a billion quid.

You remind me of the loaf of bread i bought yesterday says...Thick Cut.

Sure sure....you did great business in the summer....do carry on....give Poch another couple of years etc etc...lollers

10 hours ago, smokie36 said:

Sure sure....you did great business in the summer....do carry on....give Poch another couple of years etc etc...lollers

Your welcome to come back and take the pi** when you have actually one something of note.....until then stfu.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

Poch needs to replace Maatsen at h/time.

That was harder than it needed to be.Most of the 1st half was pretty good but when Maatsen lost that challenge i feared the worst. Caicedo (who i rate) gave Conor some 1st class Hospital balls,maybe Conor is the only one he can trust, but boy did he give him some shockers.

Both Disasi and Bads were never confident on the ball,and both of late have down gone down in Pencil in my book(ready to be rubbed out) Malo Gusto on the other hand is a keeper. Muddy had some really good moments in the 1st half and nothing in the 2nd (applies for most of the team). Madueke was lively when he came on and should keep his place on Saturday imo so Sterling for me occupies the bench and just Palmer comes straight back in. lavia did ok when he came on and so did Alfie Gilchrist.

Jackson deserves a thread on his own,very very strong on the ball hardly ever gets shrugged off but is also clumsy and continually strays offside...Drogba was nothing special in his 1st season but after that ....unplayable...Jackson could be the same..him going away for the afcon could do him good? Would n,t surprise me if he turned out to be top goal scorer at that tournament.

Transfer wise in January..sell Maatsen Fofana Disasi Bads and Chilwell.....resign Tomori Ghuehi and Livramento...oh and some geezer called Toney..might be worth a gamble :whistling:

6 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

That was harder than it needed to be.Most of the 1st half was pretty good but when Maatsen lost that challenge i feared the worst. Caicedo (who i rate) gave Conor some 1st class Hospital balls,maybe Conor is the only one he can trust, but boy did he give him some shockers.

Both Disasi and Bads were never confident on the ball,and both of late have down gone down in Pencil in my book(ready to be rubbed out) Malo Gusto on the other hand is a keeper. Muddy had some really good moments in the 1st half and nothing in the 2nd (applies for most of the team). Madueke was lively when he came on and should keep his place on Saturday imo so Sterling for me occupies the bench and just Palmer comes straight back in. lavia did ok when he came on and so did Alfie Gilchrist.

Jackson deserves a thread on his own,very very strong on the ball hardly ever gets shrugged off but is also clumsy and continually strays offside...Drogba was nothing special in his 1st season but after that ....unplayable...Jackson could be the same..him going away for the afcon could do him good? Would n,t surprise me if he turned out to be top goal scorer at that tournament.

Transfer wise in January..sell Maatsen Fofana Disasi Bads and Chilwell.....resign Tomori Ghuehi and Livramento...oh and some geezer called Toney..might be worth a gamble :whistling:

I didn't see the game Keith but Jackson "very strong on the ball?". That's a first! Previously, he's had the strength of Boy George and the touch of an elephant. Don't get me wrong, anyone that dons a Chelsea shirt, I want to see do well so I'll be delighted to be proven wrong with Jackson. One swallow doesn't make a summer, so I'll be very interested to see how he does against Luton away from home. Yeah, Drogba was very annoying in his first season but came to life in a big way afterwards. 

• Like 1

At 3-0 and 20 minutes to go I thought, surely we can see this one out! Why? because some of our players went missing, the tackling was becoming insipid and our discipline started to disappear. You have to give credit to Luton because they never gave up trying and made it difficult for us from the start. Palmer and Madueke scored some classy goals which put us in a strong position.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, oldgit said:

At 3-0 and 20 minutes to go I thought, surely we can see this one out! Why? because some of our players went missing, the tackling was becoming insipid and our discipline started to disappear. You have to give credit to Luton because they never gave up trying and made it difficult for us from the start. Palmer and Madueke scored some classy goals which put us in a strong position.

20 games played so far and have never been losing at half/time....so yeah 2nd halves for us are a problem?

We don,t retain the ball as much in the second period and as you say players go missing. Thought Malo had some great touches in that second half and then became over confident which nearly cost us,so then he disappears into his shell (still rate him though) Jackson put in a shift both up front and in defence but still does not pass when he should and goes down too easily.

Both Enzo and Nkunku had very little impact on the game i know Enzo only came on late on but he was supposed to sit and hold (he looked lost to me)

Still a nice break now after a hectic December and only 2 Epl game in January.

Happy New Year to Og and all the best to others on the Footie Forum.:wink:

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

20 games played so far and have never been losing at half/time....so yeah 2nd halves for us are a problem?

We don,t retain the ball as much in the second period and as you say players go missing. Thought Malo had some great touches in that second half and then became over confident which nearly cost us,so then he disappears into his shell (still rate him though) Jackson put in a shift both up front and in defence but still does not pass when he should and goes down too easily.

Both Enzo and Nkunku had very little impact on the game i know Enzo only came on late on but he was supposed to sit and hold (he looked lost to me)

Still a nice break now after a hectic December and only 2 Epl game in January.

Happy New Year to Og and all the best to others on the Footie Forum.:wink:

Greetings reciprocated Keith. 

• Thanks 1

On 1/3/2024 at 6:30 PM, smokie36 said:

Are we nicking your best player then?

This would be epic!

If you're talking about Gallagher, your mob won't pay the money because they're worried about FFP.

On 1/5/2024 at 10:03 AM, oldgit said:

If you're talking about Gallagher, your mob won't pay the money because they're worried about FFP.

You appear to have spent your entire budget for the next decade in one window.....I wonder who is really worried about FFP?

Lmao

Good to see Broja get on the score sheet, but a special mention to Mudryk for his battling qualities to win the ball by the corner flag, then set up Enzo for the cross. After a frustrating first half, things started to click with the team being much more proactive, by driving into the box and taking defenders on.

• Agree 1