Thai Visa Forum

The official West Ham thread 2019

• Replies 811
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Excellent. All we now need is Maguire and we can open our own donkey sanctuary    If this is true, which I doubt, Moyes is mince.   

BBC Website  Manchester United: 'My players are not divers', says boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer   Times must be hard. OGS doing stand up now.   

Good win against an excellent team.  Makes a mockery of some of the recent performances.  Rode our luck at times but a quality team like Chelsea are always going to create chances.  Def

Posted Images

Why did they close all the football threads?  Too many posts ? The forum could not handle it ?  TV is still slow btw,

Edited by balo
24 minutes ago, balo said:

Why did they close all the football threads?  Too many posts ? The forum could not handle it ?  TV is still slow btw,

No idea and no explanation. Strange 

23 minutes ago, jellydog said:

How are you liking Pellegrini Kadilo ? Four wins on the trot, and missing Arnie and the big blonde lug whose name I can't remember.

The jury was out for a while tbh but from day one he has set his stall out with who he wanted and how he wanted to play. It’s taken time for a few to adjust not surprisingly as we bought a hell of a lot, but now things are settling down it’s looking promising. Shame they lost so many points early on. 

After a slow start we are eating up ground and playing a brand of football the fans want to see, along with some consistency. I said a  while back I expected us to go on a bit of a run and long may it continue. That said the games we have won have been against teams I expect us to beat, but historically have struggled so positive signs. 

Arnie is a handful and to continue to score as many goals as we have recently without him so is a testament to the rest who have stepped up. There is a good blend of youth and experience. Rice would be a good replacement for Fernandinho, if he were to leave, and I hope he don’t, and Diangana has come on leaps. All this with still around 8 injuries to the squad. 

All bodes well. 

• 2 weeks later...

Excellent result given our injury list. Should of been by more. 

Some decent performances. Declan Rice, 19 years old and a future international for sure. 

Usual heart in mouth stuff at times especially when they keep pushing on for more goals but thats the Pellegrini way. 

Still a way to go but the improvements are clear for all. Once the injuries come back that will be a good squad of players. 

Awful result, awful performance. No positives and no excuses. 

Beaten in every department by a better side on the day. 

No point Pellegrini going on about lack of rest and churning out pointless stats, they just didnt turn up. 

Even with the number of current injuries that team should be better than that. 

Typifies of why we are where we are. A win would of climbed us to 7th. 

Inconsistent teams end up mid table or worse. 

• 2 weeks later...

Two reports in today’s press. A bit of 35 million for Arnie from a Chinese outfit and City closing in on Rice. 

Both be massive losses and both on good contracts so watch this space. 

I’ve said for a long time that Rice would be an ideal replacement long term for Fernandinho. 

Looking forward to Saturdays game. We are a stronger more organised outfit than when we lost to them earlier so I’m hopeful we can turn them over. Should be a good entertaining match. 

36 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

Two reports in today’s press. A bit of 35 million for Arnie from a Chinese outfit and City closing in on Rice. 

I’ve said for a long time that Rice would be an ideal replacement long term for Fernandinho. 

Looking forward to Saturdays game. We are a stronger more organised outfit than when we lost to them earlier so I’m hopeful we can turn them over. Should be a good entertaining match. 

Don't believe everything you read in the press, Rice ain't going anywhere in the near future, don't even know why you mentioned it 🤔 

36 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

Don't believe everything you read in the press, Rice ain't going anywhere in the near future, don't even know why you mentioned it 🤔 

26 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

, don't even know why you mentioned it 🤔 

“ I thought it was an open forum” 🙂

Double quotes, quoting yourself....................take it easy. 

Edited by Kadilo
  • Haha 2

35m for Arnie must be a good deal for someone. No disrespect to the Hammers but i reckon he'd really shine in say Liverpool's team. He's a 'character' but so's shakiri and he's been 'tamed'. Guardian mentioned Bournemouth would want 50m to sell  Wilson to chelsea. Rather have Arnie at 35m.

19 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

35m for Arnie must be a good deal for someone. No disrespect to the Hammers but i reckon he'd really shine in say Liverpool's team. He's a 'character' but so's shakiri and he's been 'tamed'. Guardian mentioned Bournemouth would want 50m to sell  Wilson to chelsea. Rather have Arnie at 35m.

Don’t worry. I’m a realist. I know where we sit in the food chain. They  won’t sell him for 35 mill but i do reckon he will engineer a move somewhere , or I should say his agent (brother) will. 

There were rumours that Chelsea were watching him and I can see that possibility. As I said in the Chelsea thread he would fit in well. 

Nobody here wants to see him go but like all these type of players there is no loyalty and if one of the big boys come in I can see it happening. 

Edited by Kadilo
27 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

There were rumours that Chelsea were watching him and I can see that possibility. As I said in the Chelsea thread he would fit in well. 

Nobody here wants to see him go but like all these type of players there is no loyalty and if one of the big boys come in I can see it happening. 

Why didn't Chelsea go for him when Stoke were relegated?

If Arnie goes to Chelsea I would like Tammy to be an Iron's player next season.

Edited by owl sees all
  • Like 1
5 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

Why didn't Chelsea go for him when Stoke were relegated?

If Arnie goes to Chelsea I would like Tammy to be an Iron's player next season.

Good call. 

We put out an enquiry for him recently. Be happy to see him here. 

2 minutes ago, champers said:

Because he was already at West Ham.

Before he went to the Irons. They were watching him all that season.

Anyway, if I was a Chelsea fan I'd rather see Tammy on the team sheet than Morata.

We'll have Tammy at the London Stadium; no sweat.

Edited by owl sees all
1 minute ago, owl sees all said:

Before he went to the Irons. They were watching him all that season.

He was at West Ham all season. Stoke sold him to you and did not adequately replace him and ended up getting relegated.

I would cash in on him now if he wants away, whether it is Chelsea or China. Either will be overpaying.

A decent point made by one pundit that $35m would be a nice sum for Arnie. 29 years old, easily frustrated, and not infrequently injured. Worth thinking about, as the Hammers ain't gonna break the top 4 with or without him. Take the money.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, champers said:

He was at West Ham all season. Stoke sold him to you and did not adequately replace him and ended up getting relegated.

I would cash in on him now if he wants away, whether it is Chelsea or China. Either will be overpaying.

Sadly from a footballing perspective I think he will leave. His brother is pulling the strings and been trying to engineer a move for a while. We paid 20 mill so gonna be in pocket but be hard to replace. From his perspective rumored wages of 200,00 grand a week is gonna be attractive but just shows his lack of ambition and tbh if he’s gonna sulk like a baby then he’s better out of it. 

Pisses me off the lack of loyalty these players show. He could go on to be a hero here and fans have loved him from day one but it’s all about the money. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, jellydog said:

A decent point made by one pundit that $35m would be a nice sum for Arnie. 29 years old, easily frustrated, and not infrequently injured. Worth thinking about, as the Hammers ain't gonna break the top 4 with or without him. Take the money.

Maybe not the top 4 but he is an integral part of the team Pellegrini is building. 

1 minute ago, Kadilo said:

Maybe not the top 4 but he is an integral part of the team Pellegrini is building. 

Agreed, and Pellegrini would hate to see Arnie go. Understandable, but as you point out "Pellegrini is building", when it doesn't look like Arnie is interested in that building project. This is a problem in today's football, and even more when you are talking about "building" with a 29 year old mercurial striker. Best of luck in holding onto Arnie, but IMO not a disaster if he leaves.

7 minutes ago, jellydog said:

Agreed, and Pellegrini would hate to see Arnie go. Understandable, but as you point out "Pellegrini is building", when it doesn't look like Arnie is interested in that building project. This is a problem in today's football, and even more when you are talking about "building" with a 29 year old mercurial striker. Best of luck in holding onto Arnie, but IMO not a disaster if he leaves.

We have been here before with him during the World Cup when a similar scenario happened when I think it was rumoured United were looking at him but I’m an interview he denied he wanted to leave and said he wanted to stay. So we will see how it pans out as to whether it’s his brother stirring the shit or he genuinely wants out. 

If he wants to go then just let him <deleted> off. No fans wants to see a sulky player and tbh the fans will hound him out if he’s not 100% committed so it will all be over soon either way. 

• Like 2