BANGKOK 22 March 2019 17:20
Jonathan Fairfield

The official West Ham thread 2019

Why did they close all the football threads?  Too many posts ? The forum could not handle it ?  TV is still slow btw,

Edited by balo

24 minutes ago, balo said:

Why did they close all the football threads?  Too many posts ? The forum could not handle it ?  TV is still slow btw,

No idea and no explanation. Strange 

Decent win. Up to 10th and improving. Still way to go showing promise at last even without Arnie. 

How are you liking Pellegrini Kadilo ? Four wins on the trot, and missing Arnie and the big blonde lug whose name I can't remember.

23 minutes ago, jellydog said:

How are you liking Pellegrini Kadilo ? Four wins on the trot, and missing Arnie and the big blonde lug whose name I can't remember.

The jury was out for a while tbh but from day one he has set his stall out with who he wanted and how he wanted to play. It’s taken time for a few to adjust not surprisingly as we bought a hell of a lot, but now things are settling down it’s looking promising. Shame they lost so many points early on. 

After a slow start we are eating up ground and playing a brand of football the fans want to see, along with some consistency. I said a  while back I expected us to go on a bit of a run and long may it continue. That said the games we have won have been against teams I expect us to beat, but historically have struggled so positive signs. 

Arnie is a handful and to continue to score as many goals as we have recently without him so is a testament to the rest who have stepped up. There is a good blend of youth and experience. Rice would be a good replacement for Fernandinho, if he were to leave, and I hope he don’t, and Diangana has come on leaps. All this with still around 8 injuries to the squad. 

All bodes well. 

Rice looks very good in central midfield.

Pellegrini likes to play football. Sometimes he trusts too much in his players and doesn't use his bench when it's crying out for a change. I think he'll be decent for whu.

9 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Pellegrini to man Utd. 

.......Klopp to West Ham 🤪

• Haha 1

Tough game against an improving Saints side especially with all the injuries  and after the unexpected defeat against Watford. 

Good test of character and 5 changes to boot. 

Excellent result given our injury list. Should of been by more. 

Some decent performances. Declan Rice, 19 years old and a future international for sure. 

Usual heart in mouth stuff at times especially when they keep pushing on for more goals but thats the Pellegrini way. 

Still a way to go but the improvements are clear for all. Once the injuries come back that will be a good squad of players. 

Awful result, awful performance. No positives and no excuses. 

Beaten in every department by a better side on the day. 

No point Pellegrini going on about lack of rest and churning out pointless stats, they just didnt turn up. 

Even with the number of current injuries that team should be better than that. 

Typifies of why we are where we are. A win would of climbed us to 7th. 

Inconsistent teams end up mid table or worse. 

Two reports in today’s press. A bit of 35 million for Arnie from a Chinese outfit and City closing in on Rice. 

Both be massive losses and both on good contracts so watch this space. 

I’ve said for a long time that Rice would be an ideal replacement long term for Fernandinho. 

Looking forward to Saturdays game. We are a stronger more organised outfit than when we lost to them earlier so I’m hopeful we can turn them over. Should be a good entertaining match.