The Official Rubber Tree Thread

Silly promises for the election down here. Prayuth's mob promising palm oil and rubber price rises. Democrats promising 4 baht a kilo on palm oil.

Sent from my SMART 4G GEN C 5.0 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Mosha said:

Silly promises for the election down here. Prayuth's mob promising palm oil and rubber price rises. Democrats promising 4 baht a kilo on palm oil.

Idiots.

Lying scumbag idiots.

• Like 1

Idiots.
Lying scumbag idiots.
Last minute campaign meeting, at 5pm. Mrs says she's going. My instruction
Do not mention visas. Ask how they can guarantee prices, when there's a global market. See what comes back apart from beer.

• Like 1

Just now, Mosha said:

Last minute campaign meeting, at 5pm. Mrs says she's going. My instruction
Do not mention visas. Ask how they can guarantee prices, when there's a global market. See what comes back apart from beer.

OK Mosha, exactly what do you expect to come back? LOL. Mate, go with her prepared to drink all the beer.

• Like 1

OK Mosha, exactly what do you expect to come back? LOL. Mate, go with her prepared to drink all the beer.
I'm not expecting a sensible response. I might be better asking they stop the daily 6PM bs show. Damned annoying when I'm watching a good film 555

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Our tappers want to open one farm on monday. I went there today to check the farm, and surprised to see them chopping all the undergrowth. They just do all of the maintenance as part of our partnership.

I have been buying fertilizer, mainly 15 15 15 supertop, at 700 baht a bag, but last year, lashed out for Yara, at 1000 b/ bag.

I was going to change to 20 12 18 or some such this year, but tappers ask for 13 13 21.

Trees are 9yo. Been cutting 2 years these ones. Thoughts?

We put 1kg per three trees, as recommended by the wholesaler. Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/19/2019 at 8:19 PM, Goanna said:

Our tappers want to open one farm on monday. I went there today to check the farm, and surprised to see them chopping all the undergrowth. They just do all of the maintenance as part of our partnership.

I have been buying fertilizer, mainly 15 15 15 supertop, at 700 baht a bag, but last year, lashed out for Yara, at 1000 b/ bag.

I was going to change to 20 12 18 or some such this year, but tappers ask for 13 13 21.

Trees are 9yo. Been cutting 2 years these ones. Thoughts?

We put 1kg per three trees, as recommended by the wholesaler. Thanks.

Correct fertilizer for trees post 7-8 y/o and being tapped is 29-5-18 and nothing else bar "natural" fertilizers such as NC if so wished, to put a bit of oomph back into the soil that the chems take out.

1 kg per 3 trees is fine, though the Rubber institute and the books tell you more.

All this info is available from your nearest rubber institute.

We put even less in these days, as there is only so much money you can throw at a business (and it is a business) if current prices and profit are not up there.

The last few years about 45 x 50 kg bags on 64 rai average, of 29-5-18 and the following year a 40kg bag per rai of top end "NC".

We stopped fertilizing twice a year (like you should) a few years ago, as throwing nearly 100k pa at the land felt like throwing 50k down the toilet with the returns we were getting.

Now if prices were 40-50 baht per kg consistently again, and we were turning 900k profit instead of 450k, i'd throw another 50k pa at the trees and fertilize twice a year again.

been away on family hols in Blighty for a month recently.

Meantime;

sold cup at auction 10th of April, 27.00 baht per kg, surprisingly decent output for that time of year,

sold cup at auction 30th of April, low output due to time of the year & Sonkran, 15 bidders, 28.38 baht per kg.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Many thanks for your reply thaiguzzi. I am back in Aus for 6 weeps to top up the coffers. Home on the 17/ 6. I will go with your recommendation. Cheers.

Ps. I was going to edit 6 weeks/ weeps, but it seems about right. 55.

Edited by Goanna
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, geoffbezoz said:

Sorry to all for the hijack but can not resist this;

These threads on rubber trees just keep on bouncing back ????????

They are very flexible like that and will bend over backwards to accommodate a bouncing market price. 

• Haha 1

Well, got some new tappers after the last couple kinda gave up. 50/50 BUT the new guys play by the rules - will keep the land clear and go halves on fertilizer costs. Opened-up the trees again the other day....it pissed down the following day ????

Nice to get back into production though.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Sold cup at auction today, 24.15 Baht per kg.

A big 3 Baht drop on the last sale 2 weeks ago.

Stuck the fertilizer in end of last month, 50 x 50 kg bags of 29-5-18 @ 850 Baht a pop thrown, not dug in.

Up 5 bags on our usual amount.

My generosity knows no bounds....

075.thumb.jpg.57aef4fde50ef501a4e9c38efb64c2b0.jpg

• Like 2

For those who remember Jim Collister on this site, I visited him at the end of the month. Still going growing rubber but the smoked sheet production has stopped. I think he said they are tapping about 100 rai currently. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, IsaanAussie said:

For those who remember Jim Collister on this site, I visited him at the end of the month. Still going growing rubber but the smoked sheet production has stopped. I think he said they are tapping about 100 rai currently. 

Remember him well, and we still chat on TD, the other forum, where he posts. He stuck to his principles and hence was forever banned here, not difficult.

At current prices, there is no point whatsoever in doing sheet of any description, everyone wants to do cup or liquid latex if you can get a good (fair) price.

And 100 rai being tapped still brings in an average over 10 months of not bad money, certainly enough for overheads, food in the fridge and beer on the table.

Or is that beer in the......?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, grollies said:

B19/kg.....prices going south again.

On 7/9/2019 at 4:08 PM, IsaanAussie said:

Jim is saying on the "other" site, that gate buyers have stopped buying because the price has gone into freefall.

We sell tomorrow at govt auction, we'll see.

The other private auction (two local now) was 21 TB per kg for cup last Monday.

1 hour ago, thaiguzzi said:

Heard on the grapevine yesterday, that Bung Khan Province, the epicentre of rubber plantations in Isaan, prices for cup were down to 16 Baht per kg at auction and 14 on the gate.

Worrying times...

read (on here i think, somewhere?) that the main buyers/exports in thailand have stopped buying at the mo, all saying the same,  reason, doing maintenance work....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...