BANGKOK 20 March 2019 21:09
Jonathan Fairfield

Pigs 101 (A Start): The official pig farming thread 2019

One hell of a noisy game ! especially when its time for the chop, BELIEVE ME 🐽 OH and the super breeders using steroids will beat you to the market...very cut throat ! pun intended  TD.

• Like 1

Hi all got  pigs ready to sell been offered 66 baht a kg is that  ok now or to low? Thanks in advance

On 2/11/2019 at 12:52 PM, sateuk said:

Hi all got  pigs ready to sell been offered 66 baht a kg is that  ok now or to low? Thanks in advance

Sorry but if your that naive as to not know the pig pricing game, well your going to be a looser in the scheme was it your G/F wife the brain child of this venture ?? 

• Sad 2

I am not current with the prices but experienced enough to know that 66 baht should be above the cost of production and therefore represent a profit. If you have pigs to sell, and the price offered is higher than cost, then sell now. Holding market pigs past 100Kg makes little sense.

The only thing I can add is a conversation I had with a friend. He said there appears to be a shortage of piglets which usually means prices will stay higher. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Liverpudlian said:

Sorry but if your that naive as to not know the pig pricing game, well your going to be a looser in the scheme was it your G/F wife the brain child of this venture ?? 

Thanks for the words of wisdom

• Haha 2

I think it's funny when farangs without farming/animals background start with something like that in Thailand.

How do you think you can be possibly competitive to Thais who do this since forever?

And when do you think you make a profit? If you can sell the pigs for more than the cost of the food?

Or do you calculate also all the time you spend with this business? Do you make more than 100B per hour?

40 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I think it's funny when farangs without farming/animals background start with something like that in Thailand.

How do you think you can be possibly competitive to Thais who do this since forever?

And when do you think you make a profit? If you can sell the pigs for more than the cost of the food?

Or do you calculate also all the time you spend with this business? Do you make more than 100B per hour?

You can make money but it hard work with all the fluctuating prices

• Like 1

cc David Cameron on this thread he has a different angle to piggy's🤔  

On 2/11/2019 at 1:52 PM, sateuk said:

Locally live weight price is 65 baht. A little further away the price is above 75 baht. Seems about right then. Piglets going for 1600 baht.

Edited by IsaanAussie

3 hours ago, IsaanAussie said:

Locally live weight price is 65 baht. A little further away the price is above 75 baht. Seems about right then. Piglets going for 1600 baht.

We got 70 baht a kg in the end so was good locally its 67 baht

• Like 1

Just now, HAKAPALITA said:

CP controll the Price. have done since the started.

REALLY??? Well I never! Control only has one L. We all try to avoid the two L Trolls.

Edited by IsaanAussie
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, IsaanAussie said:

REALLY??? Well I never!

15 hours ago, IsaanAussie said:

REALLY??? Well I never!

You dont know mutch, but then you shouldnt anyway, not you buisiness according to Visa Regs.

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, HAKAPALITA said:

You dont know mutch, but then you shouldnt anyway, not you buisiness according to Visa Regs.

Most of us appreciate constructive comments, thanks

• Like 1