The Official Farm Photos Thread

On 7/3/2020 at 4:49 PM, ArickChaiyaphum said:

I drilled 66 metres deeps  for 13,000 baht total price. 196 baht/metre 

That is cheap ,must  have been a standered   4" boar, around here a 4" boar is 500 baht /meter.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/19/2020 at 10:19 PM, kickstart said:

I posted some drone pictures a while ago ,of  a rice crop, this is corn crop , a 25 rie block, the guy said the tank holds 10 litres ,it will take 10-12 tanks to do this crop he charges 70 baht /rie which I thought cheap ,a tractor is about 120 baht/rie ,and no crop damage with tractor wheels.

Great info and pics, thanks Kickstart. ???? ???? 

Those prices don't include the chemicals, right? 

Do you know what chemicals they are using for Fall Army Worm? 

Hi JB

You are right, price dose not include chemicals ,I did not ask but I would say the crop's owner would have brought the chemicals .

These are the chemicals used, I got box etc  from the fields, what I can gather  Emamectin is the popular one ,first time I have seen the Petroleum oil, but I am no expert on chemicals ,the Thai above Petroleum Oil ,is the same word but in Thai. 

RIMG1496.JPG

RIMG1497.JPG

RIMG1498.JPG

RIMG1500.JPG

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kickstart said:

Hi JB

You are right, price dose not include chemicals ,I did not ask but I would say the crop's owner would have brought the chemicals .

These are the chemicals used, I got box etc  from the fields, what I can gather  Emamectin is the popular one ,first time I have seen the Petroleum oil, but I am no expert on chemicals ,the Thai above Petroleum Oil ,is the same word but in Thai. 

Thanks KS! 

• 4 weeks later...

What is it ? That has bothered me for the past 2 weeks ,a look at Google confirmed what I thought ,and last evening a chat with the guy growing it ,it is Millet /Pearl Millet ,first I have seen in this area ,but it has been grown before ,so I was told today 

The tall plants are the male's and the short ones the female ,grown like this for pollination, he will just harvest the female plants. 

The guy said the seed come from India the seed company Pioneer imported the seed, they will buy the seed back and export it back to India 

Growing it is easy drill the seed ,the male seed first ,then a week latter the female seed ,the only fertilizer was urea ,no problem with drought and Fall Army Worm , no chemicals applied at all, unlike corn,

Like corn, 100 day to harvest ,just hope the combine guy can set the combine up properly ,without the seed going out the back of the combine.

His main problem now is birds ,note bird scarers ,a bit like sunflowers .

The seed company is paying him 25 baht/kg ,see how it goes ,if it goes well we will see a lot more grown , can not do any worse than corn this year. 

RIMG1523.JPG

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

One of few crops of corn being harvested  ,this crop was still to wet, moisture about 35%,the guy said the cobs are not full ,no rain ,so a low yield ,a big problem all round this year. 

The price was 6 baht/kg with the high moisture he will get about 5.90baht/kg ,not a lot especially this year with the Fall Amy Worm ,if he was like most farmers around here it was sprayed 4-5 times, cost of that, seed, fertilizer, harvest at 600 baht/rie, that would about use all the profits ,if they was any to start with.

RIMG1534.JPG

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, kickstart said:

Harvesting the millet to day ,they were 2 of these Kubota combines ,

Filling the cloth bags ,a novel way ,opening the bottom auger door.

The sampel wife said  looked the same as sorgume ,which I suppose millet is ,one guy calls it Khow-Farng-Ki-Mog in Thai .sorgime in Thai is Khow- Farng

The grain was about 25-30% moisture ,I thought a clean sample, combine set up well ,or to do with the Axal-Flow on the Kubota combine ?,one for Farmerjo , a normal JD or Class combine would not produce a sample like this .

The guy on the left is from the seed company ,they are using cloth bags as the seed is going to India for Millet flour , where the original  seed for growing come from, the guy in the orange shirt is the crop owner ,he is getting 25baht/kg 

RIMG1550 (2).JPG

RIMG1548.JPG

RIMG1545.JPG

Being done since 2014 in Surin

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Following Slugs11's big bale photos ,I come across this balling sugarcane straw  with a high density baler ,each bale weighs about 300 kg ,as far as I know it is it will be used for biofuel.

Slugs 11 uses a rake to put 2 rows of straw into one ,less running about for the baler ,and a more even swath to pick up  ,this one is pto driven ,looking at the label on the machine it was made in Thailand ,same principal  puts 2 to rows in to 1 ,but looking at the field this  could well be 4 rows going in to 1.

RIMG1600 (2).JPG

RIMG1604.JPG

• Like 1

On 12/29/2020 at 11:43 AM, kickstart said:

Following Slugs11's big bale photos ,I come across this balling sugarcane straw  with a high density baler ,each bale weighs about 300 kg ,as far as I know it is it will be used for biofuel.

Slugs 11 uses a rake to put 2 rows of straw into one ,less running about for the baler ,and a more even swath to pick up  ,this one is pto driven ,looking at the label on the machine it was made in Thailand ,same principal  puts 2 to rows in to 1 ,but looking at the field this  could well be 4 rows going in to 1.

RIMG1600 (2).JPG

RIMG1604.JPG

This Thai made rake looks identical to the model I have which was imported in from Italy, and both the same being PTO driven. Most likely half the cost I paid ???????? still a very good piece of equipment, and as Kickstart quote save less time in the field with the bailer. Also the straw is a lot cleaner after being raked, the effect of the rake knock the dirt/dust off the straw. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, kickstart said:

A few beehives I found near here ,with some sunflowers in the background.

The owner said the bees are Pung-Farang...... Foreign  bees?,  he got them from the south of Thailand .

RIMG1597 (3).JPG

Thanks for this, I will send it to a friend in Oz that is seriously into bee keeping. I would love to get him up here to set it up. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, djayz said:

You know temperatures have dropped when they try selling stoves and radiators in a tropical country! ????????????????

IMAG0876.jpg

I have herd you can buy nearly every thing you what in Bangkok ,so I thought ,how about a 2 bar electric fire ,then I thought ,no way this is a tropical country ,looking at this photo I could be wrong . 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, kickstart said:

I have herd you can buy nearly every thing you what in Bangkok ,so I thought ,how about a 2 bar electric fire ,then I thought ,no way this is a tropical country ,looking at this photo I could be wrong . 

This was in Chokchai, Nakhon Ratchisma. LOL. I couldn't believe my eyes. 

20 hours ago, djayz said:

You know temperatures have dropped when they try selling stoves and radiators in a tropical country! ????????????????

IMAG0876.jpg

Those radiators are <deleted>. Takes ages to heat up and then with the non-existing insulation or air tightness of Thai houses not efficient.

Heating fans would be nice, tough.

On 1/9/2021 at 9:47 PM, kickstart said:

Thailand's  biggest combine? 30 foot cut ,imported from Canada ,only has 1200 hours on the clock ,owned by a Thai-Farang farming company.

The crop was planted back in July ,moisture must be 6-8%,they said they were waiting for this combine ,before cutting, but a 50 rie block nearby two Thai combines did that.   

RIMG1609 (2).JPG

RIMG1606 (2).JPG

You'd need quite a large plot size for this machine

• Like 1

On 1/20/2021 at 5:13 PM, CLW said:

On 1/20/2021 at 5:13 PM, CLW said:

The combine ,plus the other big tractors I posted on here a while ago belong to a farming company ,they have rented a lot of land in this area ,this is their first year the owner is an American guy ,who, so I have been told sold a 20 000 cow herd in China ,and now is investing in Thailand .

They hope to start a dairy farm in this area ,so they say it will be state-of-the-art  job ,I just hope they staff   will be the same .

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...