Hundreds turnout for Thailand Environment Day Karon Beach cleanup

snoop1130

Hundreds turnout for Thailand Environment Day Karon Beach cleanup

By The Phuket News

1543920470_1-org.jpg

The cleanup netted 63 kilos off underwater trash off Karon Beach. Photo: PR Dept

PHUKET:-- More than 600 people turned up to take part in the underwater and beach cleanup held at Karon Beach yesterday (Dec 3), ahead of Thai Environment Day today (Dec 4).

The underwater cleanup was led by divers from the local expat dive business community, with many more volunteers collecting trash from the sand.

In total, 63 kilograms of rubbish was collected by a team of 12 divers taking part in the underwater cleanup alone, said Wanchalerm Hemsalamart from the Karon Municipality Health Division.

Full Story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/hundreds-turnout-for-thailand-environment-day-karon-beach-cleanup-69563.php#CuxoMTLPfjxFs8xS.97

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2018-12-4

And in tomorrows news, tourists/residents dumped xxx kilo of styro foam, single use bottles......

But hey, they tried..

I will never knock people who try. I have been trying for the last 40 years.

If I live another 40 years, forbid that as I would be .......old, I hope that things will change.

Thailand is more environmentally conscious than ever before.  When 600 members of the community pitches in, it shows that they care. 

People in the US were "litterbugs" before but a major PR campaign to reduce littering changed that.  

Maybe the government could help by placing a few more trash receptacles in convenient spots with respective collection as well of course.

Archived