TrueMove H achieves speed of 18Gbps in real-life testing of 5G network

snoop1130

TrueMove H achieves speed of 18Gbps in real-life testing of 5G network

By The Nation

TrueMove H, the mobile-phone service brand of True Corp, on Tuesday announced the successful outcome of tests of its 5G network’s speed and performance in a real-life environment, reaching up to 18 gigabits per second (Gbps) for the first time in Thailand – 20 times faster than a 4G network.

True has been conducting the 5G trial at the True Branding Shop at ICONSIAM, a popular new landmark in Bangkok.

TrueMove H will now hold a 5G showcase to build awareness among businesses, students and the general public, preparing them to step forward seamlessly into the 5G network era.

The showcase will take place from December 14 to January 31 at the True Branding Shop, located on the third and fourth floors at ICONSIAM.

The National Broadcasting and Telecommunications Commission last month granted both True and Advanced Info Service (AIS) permission to test the 5G technology for a limited period.

AIS has conducted testing since November 22 at the AIS Design Centre, located on the fifth floor of The Emporium shopping mall in Bangkok.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/Corporate/30359833

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-12-4

20 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

TrueMove H, the mobile-phone service brand of True Corp, on Tuesday announced the successful outcome of tests of its 5G network’s speed and performance in a real-life environment, reaching up to 18 gigabits per second (Gbps) for the first time in Thailand

20 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

TrueMove H will now hold a 5G showcase to build awareness among businesses, students and the general public, preparing them to step forward seamlessly into the 5G network era.

The showcase will take place from December 14 to January 31 at the True Branding Shop, located on the third and fourth floors at ICONSIAM

they better hope no-one goes there and tries to load a Thai Visa page...

25Mbps is enough for 4K video streaming.

18Gbps = 18,432Mbps which is 737 times faster than above.

So what exactly is the point of such speed?

Will there be an iPhone with 737 screens in the future and on all of them will be a video in full quality? Or what is this about?

In principle I like new technology. Often it makes things better.

But I think it's a bad joke that lots of phone calls are still dropped because of bad reception or maybe an overload of the system.

And in some areas, i.e. 200km away from Bangkok. there is no signal at all.

How about concentrating on these things first?

39 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

So what exactly is the point of such speed?

You will share it with the 10+x million Bangkokians :biggrin:

Of course such numbers are as theoretical as those 100 Mbit/s that you see today.

Hardly any single user currently has practical use for more than like 30 Mbit/s.

Watching super high res videos on a tiny (5 or 6 inch) smartphone screen is a marketing joke anyway. Even people with best eye view can not distinct a Full HD (1080p) video from a higher (2k, 4k) resolution on a smartphone display.

Makes sense only with external display.

41 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Or what is this about?

As I understand it's mainly about gaining huge bandwidth for mobile internet, so that such bottlenecks are removed.

And much of the 5G applications have little to do with "web browsing"/WWW.

Internet of Things (IoT), self driving/autonomous cars etc.

8 hours ago, kkerry said:

they better hope no-one goes there and tries to load a Thai Visa page...

I don't know how much speed you need to load thaivisa sometimes.... 

It's not a bandwidth issue on my side, it can probably be fixed through site optimization because  sites hosted on the other side of the world are working fast sometimes tv is slower than a dead dog to open the news... 

IMG_20181205_230748.jpg

1 hour ago, shady86 said:

Its fast when you test only with single device. Lets wait till it goes mainstream and the bandwidth can't cater  the amount of users connected. I barely get 10Mbps with 4G in downtown Bangkok.

And sometimes it's not the technology which is to blame but the providers which promise 1G and have only 100M international links - or something similar.

Archived