BANGKOK
champers

Bolton Boys We Are Here

30 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Thought Anderson was going to issue a statement today on the possibility of a takeover

I didn't know that. Thanks for the heads up.

I have looked at the club website a few minutes ago and there is a statement today about the non signing of Christian Doidge from Yeovil - what a fiasco. The man is a pariah in the game; including among our own players and staff; and now appears to be a few sandwiches short of a picnic. 

I am seriously worried about who he is going to sell the club to. It will be whoever is willing to pay him the most cash. I hope the Football League ensure any buyer meets their fit and proper criteria but, considering how we ended up with Anderson owning the club, I am not confident.

8 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Appropiately written by a Mr Conn. Local feeling is that going into administration is now a given. What follows is critical. Liquidation or a saviour? Remember this is a rerun of 3 years ago and getting Ken Anderson as owner is how we ended up.

13 minutes ago, champers said:

Appropiately written by a Mr Conn. Local feeling is that going into administration is now a given. What follows is critical. Liquidation or a saviour? Remember this is a rerun of 3 years ago and getting Ken Anderson as owner is how we ended up.

I heard Anderson was in Monaco yesterday for a meeting with a potential buyer and an announcement was going to be made but haven’t seen anything yet. Did he buy you for a pound or something like that?

44 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

I heard Anderson was in Monaco yesterday for a meeting with a potential buyer and an announcement was going to be made but haven’t seen anything yet. Did he buy you for a pound or something like that?

Hope it's not Ken Bates.

I am sure £1 was the publicly known asking price when Davies sold. Many are saying that potential buyers can wait for the club to go into administration and/or relegation and tben buy at a reduced rate. Much depends on whether Anderson can keep debtors at bay and who those debtors are. A good cup run can bring the money in. He is also generating revenue off season. A Rod Stewart concert in the summer is planned. If he was playing in my back garden I wouldn't open the curtains to watch him.

4 hours ago, champers said:

Hope it's not Ken Bates.

I am sure £1 was the publicly known asking price when Davies sold. Many are saying that potential buyers can wait for the club to go into administration and/or relegation and tben buy at a reduced rate. Much depends on whether Anderson can keep debtors at bay and who those debtors are. A good cup run can bring the money in. He is also generating revenue off season. A Rod Stewart concert in the summer is planned. If he was playing in my back garden I wouldn't open the curtains to watch him.

Especially  as he'd  likely  be wearing a red or a green  hoop football  shirt!

• Haha 1

Ecky thump - we won a match, and away from home at Brum. Pass the smelling salts.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

No shame in today's big loss vs the best team in the division. 

Reading lost 4-0 too so it is as you were.

News today that owner Ken Anderson has agreed to sell the club to a consortium led by a Cheshire venture capitalist called Parminder Basran. One of the companies he invests in acts for Gareth Southgate, Steve Holland and Michael Carrick amongst others. It appears that Mark Warburton is on board with the buyers, so may replace Phil Parkinson as manager. Before I get to the really interesting bit there are 2 other named investors:

1. Jeff Thomas, founder and CEO of a company selling cloud space, primarily to the Ministry of Justice and the Cabinet Office. His business has won many awards. No idea if he has any interest in football.

2. Sharon Brittan has a few active directorships, most noticably with a couple of Nick Mason companies. He is the drummer with Pink Floyd. Instead of a bunch of Manc chavs like Oasis doing gigs at the ground, we can now look forward to seeing a class act in Pink Floyd. No idea if this lady has any interest in football.

Here is the really interesting bit: Parminder Basran who is heading up this deal is backed by Eduardo Savarin who is a co-founder of Facebook, according to the BBC. I have never heard of the bloke, but when he was at Harvard about 18 years ago he invested 1000 Dollars to start a company so that Harvard students could communicate with each other via the Internet. His partner was Mark Zuckerburg. Later, the 2 fell out but Savarin retained shares in the company. Forbes advise that Savarin's current worth is 10.1 Billion dollars. He left the US to move to Singapore allegedly to avoid a tax bill of 770 Million dollars. He is the 2nd richest person in Singapore. He is actually a Brazilian and, as everybody knows, all Brazilians love football.

I have been in a deep and meaningful conversation with my good friend Leo and it is now crystal clear to me that Premier League titles and Champions League football is just around the corner.

COYW.

Bad news; and vibes; from the UOBS.

The Old Bill haven't been paid the full amount owed. All those protestors have dropped us in it. Negotiations are ongoing.

The players and staff haven't been paid in February; not that the players deserve it.

Our prospective multi-billionaire buyout consortium haven't completed their due diligence yet. Surely they haven't unearthed any dodgy accounting practices?!?

Swansea away today. Gawd 'elp us!

At least you must be playing lots of local young lads in your first team though

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

:cheesy: where's the boom tish emoticon when you want one 

41 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Luca Connell; a Scouser; is highly rated. ROI youth international. Offer us £10 Mill and he's yours.

15 minutes ago, champers said:

Luca Connell; a Scouser; is highly rated. ROI youth international. Offer us £10 Mill and he's yours.

Is that all you could come up with? An imported paddy with only 185 minutes under his belt. You really need to concentrate on your own clubs contribution to youth and stop with the stone throwing about City

• Thanks 1