BANGKOK
champers

Bolton Boys We Are Here

So Champers, D day tomorrow. Winding up order scheduled. Didn't realise you had fended off 5 already. With being 8 points adrift off safety are you better off taking the 12 points deduction now?

22 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

So Champers, D day tomorrow. Winding up order scheduled. Didn't realise you had fended off 5 already. With being 8 points adrift off safety are you better off taking the 12 points deduction now?

12 point deduction now is probably the best option if it comes down to it. Anderson has always coughed up the money at the last minute before. The club was due to be sold last week and the week before. Relegation could drive the asking price down. We will see.

Edited by champers

Winding up order adjourned for 2 weeks till April 3rd. Apparently, last night an agreement was drawn up to sell the club with the buyer agreeing to pay any debts due. Value of debts is £1.2 million.

Kit supplier Macron are owed £193,000. I thought they were supposed to pay us money and not vice-versa.

The buyer is unknown at this stage; it is not the consortium from Cheshire with whom talks broke down last week.

If the club does go into administration on April 3rd, the points deduction will be next season. There is a 28th March deadline.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, champers said:

If the club does go into administration on April 3rd, the points deduction will be next season. There is a 28th March deadline.

They must be confident it'll go through then

34 minutes ago, champers said:

Kit supplier Macron are owed £193,000. I thought they were supposed to pay us money and not vice-versa.

So did I. Maybe they borrowed money off Macron or it's performance related or something

30 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

it's performance related or something

What performances?

38 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

They must be confident it'll go through then

Barristers are not going to stand in court and spin a line of BS to a judge. Solicitors have seen the sale agreement.

14 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

It's Amir Khan.

Good guess. I don't think it is him. Whoever it is, is already involved in another high profile football club, as stated in the wind-up hearing last Wednesday.

14 minutes ago, champers said:

Good guess. I don't think it is him. Whoever it is, is already involved in another high profile football club, as stated in the wind-up hearing last Wednesday.

Maybe the sheikhs are putting plan b in place. Sorry I mean plan K as there is no way the emptihad was plan A

Edited by Rc2702

10 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Maybe the sheikhs are putting plan b in place. Sorry I mean plan K as there is no way the emptihad was plan A

I don't presume the other high-profile club is English. Someone on a fan's forum says he knows but can't/won't say who the buyer is. He does say they will deploy the Moneyball strategy (sabremetrics) for player recruitment, as at Brentford, Preston and Barnsley.

Edited by champers

Two potential buyers being rumoured to be "the one"

1. Sheikh Abdullah Al Thani, the current owner of Malaga FC. He is a member of the Quatari ruling family.

After reaching the QFs of the Champs Lge under Manuel Pellegrini, he stopped spending money after they got a one year ban from UEFA comps for breaking FFP rules. Malaga are now near the bottom of Liga Secunda and the owner is now a hate figure. Filthy rich.

2. David Beckham and Simon Fuller. Beckham is viewed as merely an investor in Salford City, so there would be no conflict of interest.

Fuller has represented Steve McManaman, Andy Murray, Lewis Hamilton and Bradley Wiggins. Owning Bolton would be the icing on the cake for him, obviously. Not quite as filthy rich as Shelkh Al Thani, but plenty rich enough for us.

All will be revealed within the week. Watch this space. Up the Whites!!

39 minutes ago, champers said:

Two potential buyers being rumoured to be "the one"

1. Sheikh Abdullah Al Thani, the current owner of Malaga FC. He is a member of the Quatari ruling family.

After reaching the QFs of the Champs Lge under Manuel Pellegrini, he stopped spending money after they got a one year ban from UEFA comps for breaking FFP rules. Malaga are now near the bottom of Liga Secunda and the owner is now a hate figure. Filthy rich

He won't like the rules in England either. Think Birmingham got docked 9 points last week for failing FFP

40 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

He won't like the rules in England either. Think Birmingham got docked 9 points last week for failing FFP

Someone worked out that you can run up a debt of £13 Mill a year for 3 years and no more. 

Burnley seem to have cracked it, whatever "it" is, to get up and stay up without overspending.