Bolton Boys We Are Here

champers

22 minutes ago, champers said:

I remember The Buff. Where are you now Rick? I see you didn't make it to Pattaya.

How do you know I didn't make it to Pattaya... I could be there right now lying low, waiting for the coconut bar to re-open ????

I don't like disclosing my whereabouts because I'm afraid of Mr Boj tracking me down on his Man City scooter. I'm usually South... near a beach... but unfortunately right now I'm even further South, and not near a beach. And that probably won't change until after lockdown.

.... or I could be in Pattaya. 

13 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

How do you know I didn't make it to Pattaya... I could be there right now lying low, waiting for the coconut bar to re-open ????

I don't like disclosing my whereabouts because I'm afraid of Mr Boj tracking me down on his Man City scooter. I'm usually South... near a beach... but unfortunately right now I'm even further South, and not near a beach. And that probably won't change until after lockdown.

.... or I could be in Pattaya. 

I came accross your recent chicken burger thread; you said you weren't in Thailand. Sounds like you are in Malaysia or Singapore?

All the girls from the Coconut Bar have moved to Soi Buckhaow around the Treetown bar complex. I'm told farangs and their Thai ladies are sat openly in the street quaffing beer. No police in evidence; they are all on roadblock duty.

Keep safe, keep sane.

Edited by champers

21 minutes ago, champers said:

I came accross your recent chicken burger thread; you said you weren't in Thailand. Sounds like you are in Malaysia or Singapore?

Rumbled..... the chicken burgers were a success. Not only did they come out OK but looks like I managed to wind up a couple of Americans on the thread. Made a chicken keema with the rest of my chicken mince.

Strange you say there is outdoor quaffing going on. There's been a couple of stories on here about people getting nicked. 

3 hours ago, champers said:

I saw Franny Lee play but was very young. He played alongside Freddie Hill and Wyn Davies, both of whom also ended up at Maine Road. Franny made his debut at 16 alongside an ageing Nat Lofthouse and reputedly gave the great man an earful for not passing to him. He never doubted himself. Was great at City alongside the Korean Lee Won Pen. The original diver?

Mike Sheron tormented Bolton when he played for Bury. Not a prolific scorer for a striker but a classy player at 3rd tier level.

Remember watching Freddie and Wyn Davies at City. Davis is one of the few to play for both City and United since WWII.

49 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Remember watching Freddie and Wyn Davies at City. Davis is one of the few to play for both City and United since WWII.

I set a quiz question about Wyn ages ago. I think you may have had a guess or two without actually getting him. He is a folk hero for Newcastle fans; he was in the team that won the Fairs Cup in 68, the last time they won a trophy. Struggled early on at Bolton because he didn't speak English very well, he was a Welsh speaker.

1 hour ago, RickG16 said:

Rumbled..... the chicken burgers were a success. Not only did they come out OK but looks like I managed to wind up a couple of Americans on the thread. Made a chicken keema with the rest of my chicken mince.

Strange you say there is outdoor quaffing going on. There's been a couple of stories on here about people getting nicked. 

The police in Pattaya are not renowned for being busy. 

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, mrbojangles said:

All done and dusted now in League 1 with the exception of the play-offs. Confirmed that Bolton, Southend and Tranmere are relegated on the points per game system.

What next for Bolton Champers?

New manager, hopefully. The CEO left yesterday and the club announced they will be restructuring over the next few months.

Just 10 players contracted after this month so some new ones needed. Should get a proper pre season in this time around. Big local derbies are Trashmere, Salford, Morecambe and Barrow. Wow!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

First pre-season game yesterday (Sunday). 3-0 win at Athy Colls, different team each half, 10 triallists played.

New opponents to look forward to next season; Harrogate are play-off winners v Notts County. Bettys Tea Rooms here we come!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Congrats on winning your local derby 2v0 versus Salford.

Interesting article

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/bolton-wanderers-v-salford-city-19272075

Put them back in their place, the cheeky upstarts. Rat face Neville was in attendance, wife beater Giggsy stayed away, not like he has anything else on at the moment. Our next 3 games are against teams in the bottom 4. We're on our way! 

14 minutes ago, champers said:

Put them back in their place, the cheeky upstarts. Rat face Neville was in attendance, wife beater Giggsy stayed away, not like he has anything else on at the moment. Our next 3 games are against teams in the bottom 4. We're on our way! 

You should be savouring the moment, it's the only bit of glamour you'll be associated with for a long time. 

Edited by RickG16

2 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

You should be savouring the moment, it's the only bit of glamour you'll be associated with for a long time. 

Our bad days are behind us, yours are just beginning at the fleapit of nightmares. You have lumbered yourselves with cry baby Pogba and lazybones McGuire and OSG hasn't enough nous to get you out of trouble. 1 point from 12 at home is relegation form. Fingers crossed.

5 minutes ago, champers said:

Our bad days are behind us, yours are just beginning at the fleapit of nightmares. You have lumbered yourselves with cry baby Pogba and lazybones McGuire and OSG hasn't enough nous to get you out of trouble. 1 point from 12 at home is relegation form. Fingers crossed.

Maguire's been playing very well recently. Sorry it doesn't fit in with narrative of 3 weeks ago.

Cry baby Pogba hasn't been getting in the team and I hope he'll be on his way.

If the Reebok was open I wonder how many fans you'd get. Far too big a stadium for you these days I would have thought. Maybe you could downsize and share Spotland. 

2 hours ago, RickG16 said:

Maguire's been playing very well recently. Sorry it doesn't fit in with narrative of 3 weeks ago.

Cry baby Pogba hasn't been getting in the team and I hope he'll be on his way.

If the Reebok was open I wonder how many fans you'd get. Far too big a stadium for you these days I would have thought. Maybe you could downsize and share Spotland. 

8000 season tickets sold. Not bad for 4th tier football in the middle of a pandemic not knowing if you will actually get in and see a game. Outside of the 4 Liverpool and Manchester clubs we are the biggest club in the North West in terms of support. No plastic bandwaggon jumpers at our club too.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Bolton's first game in front of fans since Covid began. Won 1-0 at 2nd place Cheltenham with a goal in time added on.

Reports direct from Bolton fans who were there, estimated at about  30 to 40 in total. Some lived locally and just bought tickets online, some naughty boys travelled down from a Tier 3 area to a Tier 2 one; tickets sorted for them by locals.

1700 on for 2000 capacity match. Some Bolton fans were offered tickets but either couldn't or wouldn't travel.

No bother from stewards, police or local hoolies.

One White charged down to pitchside to celebrate the winner with the players. Got  high fives from a couple. Tut tut. ????

Seems like Gtr Manchester might move to Tier 2 so our home game v Trampmere on Saturday could have 2000 back on. 8000 season ticket holders have been split into 4 groups of 2000: A, B, C & D. Looks like they will take it in turns to see a game.

Edited by champers
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

RIP Frank Worthington who has sadly passed away at age 72. A hero to all BWFC fans and many more of all the other clubs he played for. A legend gone but never forgotten.

images.jpeg

Edited by champers
  • Like 2

Got a flight from Leeds/Bfd to Belfast and Frank was sat next to me on opposite the aisle with his wife. I started up a conversation with him, told me his nickname was Elvis and he was going to play in a Pro/Am golf charity event over there, what a nice chap he was, RIP Frank.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, vogie said:

Got a flight from Leeds/Bfd to Belfast and Frank was sat next to me on opposite the aisle with his wife. I started up a conversation with him, told me his nickname was Elvis and he was going to play in a Pro/Am golf charity event over there, what a nice chap he was, RIP Frank.

He liked to play a round quite a lot.????

• Haha 1

Another step closer to automatic promotion after our 1-0 away win v Forest Green. Courtesy of Sky, our performance got a global audience to remind everyone that BWFC are still alive and kicking and heading back up the leagues.

Up The Whites!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Apparently in your stadium they are turning 2 conference rooms under the Nat Lofthouse Stand into what they are calling "Nightingale Courtrooms" to try and get through backlogs of court cases due to covid. Don't know how much you are getting paid but you are getting something, which will be much needed.

On 3/31/2021 at 1:22 AM, mrbojangles said:

Apparently in your stadium they are turning 2 conference rooms under the Nat Lofthouse Stand into what they are calling "Nightingale Courtrooms" to try and get through backlogs of court cases due to covid. Don't know how much you are getting paid but you are getting something, which will be much needed.

Opens up the possibility of naughty Bolton fans being tried at the stadium and being  ...   banned from the stadium. 

7 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

See you are the League Two form team so automatic  promotion or playoffs seems nailed on.

I presume you are the "biggest" / best supported club in the division, if not who is it?

Us and Bradford; they have very cheap season tickets. Clubs have benefited from our fans buying iFollow matchday tickets for away games but hard evidence is not forthcoming.

We have stumbled over Easter; one point from 2 games. 7 games left to clinch an automatic spot or it's the play-offs for us. As you well know, they can be a bit traumatic. I'd rather not go into them.

Back on track and back into automatic promotion place after a nervy 2-1 home win v Harrogate. 2 away games now v Salford in midweek and Grimsby next Saturday. It is in our own hands now.

I respect clubs like Forest Green, Barrow, Harrogate and Morecambe for what they have achieved to make it into the EFL but it pains me sorely to be playing these just a few years after we were a good Prem team and held our own in Europe against the likes of Bayern Munich and Atletico Madrid. Those days will surely come again.