Bolton Boys We Are Here

champers

On 4/11/2021 at 2:41 PM, champers said:

. Those days will surely come again

Keep believing Champers.

Another win, over Salford Reds.

Play-off place and a promotion place seem definites, and you might beat Cheltenham or Cambridge to be the Champions - it's very close and recent form of the 3 clubs is similar. 

Just now, Bredbury Blue said:

Keep believing Champers.

Play-off place and a promotion place seem definites, and you might beat Cheltenham or Cambridge to be the Champions - it's very close and recent form of the 3 clubs is similar. 

You still have to play the Mighty Shrimps at ours. 6 pointer. We're coming at ya!

42 minutes ago, polpott said:

You still have to play the Mighty Shrimps at ours. 6 pointer. We're coming at ya!

Great season for your lads; Derek Adams is a very good manager. We played Newport on Easter Monday and Kevin Ellison came on as a sub for them.

I hope we both go up but I don't want us in the play-offs, so maybe a draw? 

Are you DC as was?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Keep believing Champers.

Looking good. A few Bolton fans; in groups of 6; outside the ground made themselves heard. Some are planning a day out in Morecambe for the big match there.

Trampmere and Forest Green are imploding at the wrong time. FGR manager Mark Cooper got sacked recently; rumour has it he was caught eating a bacon butty.????

1 hour ago, champers said:

Great season for your lads; Derek Adams is a very good manager. We played Newport on Easter Monday and Kevin Ellison came on as a sub for them.

I hope we both go up but I don't want us in the play-offs, so maybe a draw? 

Are you DC as was?

Shhhh 555

• 2 weeks later...

Big, big game at Morecambe today, 4th v 3rd with an automatic promotion place the likely prize. A full house would have been a cert without Covid. Many Whites have already travelled to the seaside, laptops at the ready to soak up the sun and ale. COYWM!!!

EzvF6biXEAIyko9.jpeg

5 minutes ago, champers said:

Big, big game at Morecambe today, 4th v 3rd with an automatic promotion place the likely prize. A full house would have been a cert without Covid. Many Whites have already travelled to the seaside, laptops at the ready to soak up the sun and ale. COYWM!!!

EzvF6biXEAIyko9.jpeg

Why pay for a pint when you can neck a crate of warm corona from the supermarket....

1-0 to the Wanderers! Morecambe had a man sent off half way through the first 45 so that helped. One win from our last 2 games and we are up.

Looks like the play-offs for Morecambe. Good luck to them; keep the bin dipping, plastic scouse skip rats in their place.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, champers said:

1-0 to the Wanderers! Morecambe had a man sent off half way through the first 45 so that helped. One win from our last 2 games and we are up.

Looks like the play-offs for Morecambe. Good luck to them; keep the bin dipping, plastic scouse skip rats in their place.

I confess to not following BW but didn't you start the season fairly <deleted>? What triggered the turn around?

6 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

I confess to not following BW but didn't you start the season fairly <deleted>? What triggered the turn around?

Three things changed our fortunes since New Year:

1. Dropping the on-loan teenage goalie and replacing him with goalie coach Matt Gilkes.

2. Going to 4 at the back after playing 5 there.

3. Good signings in the transfer window.

If we go up we will need to improve but the fan base is big for League 1 and we do look like we have found a very good manager in Ian Evatt.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, champers said:

Three things changed our fortunes since New Year:

1. Dropping the on-loan teenage goalie and replacing him with goalie coach Matt Gilkes.

2. Going to 4 at the back after playing 5 there.

3. Good signings in the transfer window.

If we go up we will need to improve but the fan base is big for League 1 and we do look like we have found a very good manager in Ian Evatt.

What about the new manager who took over from Keith Hill? I always had respect for Hill but he obviously couldn't turn Bolton around. Dont know anything about Evatt but must have the lads on board

2 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

What about the new manager who took over from Keith Hill? I always had respect for Hill but he obviously couldn't turn Bolton around. Dont know anything about Evatt but must have the lads on board

Seems to be doing well so far after a very bad start to the season. He says he wants to manage in the top flight and wants to do it with us. Would be good.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, champers said:

EzvF6biXEAIyko9.jpeg

We had a player unfairly sent off in the 1st half. With eleven men we would have beaten you easily. Nothing to crow about.

3 hours ago, polpott said:

We had a player unfairly sent off in the 1st half. With eleven men we would have beaten you easily. Nothing to crow about.

He's also suggesting Morecambe are scousers. You might want to pick him up on that too 

53 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Conceding that injurytime last minute goal was a killer. It looked like you were going to win the league. Need a big performance next up to stop Morecambe pipping you to the automatic spot.

Win required at Crawley. They are unbeaten at home against promotion contenders, so tense evening in prospect next week.

2 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

Congrats. What a turnaround. 

Cheers, Saved our best performance till the last game of the season. Your loanee Dapo Alfelyion was star man today.

Good luck chasing down a Champs League spot. Leicester slipped up last night and their next 2 games are both away at Chelsea and City.

6 minutes ago, champers said:

Cheers, Saved our best performance till the last game of the season. Your loanee Dapo Alfelyion was star man today.

Good luck chasing down a Champs League spot. Leicester slipped up last night and their next 2 games are both away at Chelsea and City.

Yeah I was just listening to your boss praising Dapo. I’m sure you will want to keep hold of him 

Sad  to see Southend drop out. They got Brown in too late now anything could happen with the debts round those neck. 
We have a chance. Could do with City winning the current Chelsea game. Tough game for us tomorrow v Everton. We often struggle against them for some reason. 

1 hour ago, Kadilo said:

Yeah I was just listening to your boss praising Dapo. I’m sure you will want to keep hold of him 

Sad  to see Southend drop out. They got Brown in too late now anything could happen with the debts round those neck. 
We have a chance. Could do with City winning the current Chelsea game. Tough game for us tomorrow v Everton. We often struggle against them for some reason. 

Everton might be on the beach.

Sunbed seems to have picked up some interesting fashion ideas from his time in India.

images.jpeg

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Well done Bolton. Unfortunately you won't get to play the mighty Rochdale as they have come in the opposite direction ????

Shame that about Rochdale. The more local derbies the better.

Just been reading an excellent article in The Athletic about Bolton: 

Bolton Wanderers almost ceased to exist – but thrilling promotion is ‘just the start’

Two things really stood out.

1. "On the same day Bolton were rescued at the 11th hour, Bury were expelled from the EFL, never to be seen again. There but for the grace of God.". Poor Bury and Macclesfield. Bolton fortunate to find financial backers.

2. "Bolton’s form has been magnificent since the end of January. Their final 22 games in League Two yielded 54 points, catapulting Evatt’s upwardly mobile team from 19th on February 9 to their final standing of third...". Impressive form.

• Like 2

If Bojo is going to speak to the nation about Bolton (UKs Covid capital) for half an hour he should at least do us the courtesy of congratulating Wanderers on their promotion to League 1. Missed opportunity, Boris.

Edited by champers

• 3 weeks later...

Bolton reaping the benefits of automatic promotion. Manager Ian Evatt has signed a new 3 year contract, ex West Ham loanee Alfolyan has joined on a 3 year deal and the club has published it's retained list and re-signed 3 players who were out of contract.

Some cracking games in prospect next season against Wednesday, Pompey and Blunderland. We are currently 9th favourites for promotion. 

Oh, and Pink Floyd drummer Nick Mason was rumoured to be in attendance for our last home game. He is one of the investors involved in the buyout by our owners. I am expecting at least a couple of Pink Floyd reunion gigs in the stadium to help fund our march up the leagues.

Happy days. Up the Whites!!!