Good Samaritan loses his job after saving girl,15, from rape by grandfather in Hat Yai

webfact

Good Samaritan loses his job after saving girl,15, from rape by grandfather in Hat Yai

2pm.jpg

Picture: Manager Online

Manager reported that a brave man, who risked his life to save a 15 year old girl who was being dragged off to the woods to be raped by her grandfather, has lost his job. 

His employer is cross about him not completing a water delivery and having to attend court as the police's only witness. 

Now the Good Samaritan is appealing for help in getting another job. 

Thippakorn Thongkhao, 30, was delivering water bottles to a construction site in Khuan Lang sub-district of Hat Yai on Saturday when he heard the cries of the 15 year old girl.

Her grandfather, drunk on lao khao (a Thai white spirit) was forcing her onto a motorbike to try and rape her in the woods. 

He managed to save the girl and call the police who arrested 68 year old Duang Suwankit.

Police needed Thippakorn to testify in court on Monday when the grandfather was ordered held for a further twelve days without bail on a charge of attempted rape. 

But he told reporters that he had lost his job. He had been unable to complete his delivery due to helping the victim and his employer was also angry that he had to have time off work to attend court. 

A phone number of a friend was given (09 4624 6597) so that a prospective new employer might give the hero another job. 

Source:: Manager Online

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-12-05

7 minutes ago, Langsuan Man said:

Thailand, where the laws against defamation are so lopsided the truth is not even a defense

Anywhere else in the world the employer would have been named to suffer the consequences of public shame

I would expect the locals will know who the company is. If they have any decency at all, they will shun this nasty piece of work and he can go out of business for his extremely poor attitude. Thailand needs many things, but some labour laws to prevent good people being summarily dismissed for being good citizens, should rank among their priorities.

11 minutes ago, Langsuan Man said:

Anywhere else in the world the employer would have been named to suffer the consequences of public shame

Not true. In Thailand can publish, in DE for instance NO. Personal right..

It would appear that slavery is alive and well in this boss's eyes.

I think he may have done the young man a favour in the long run though, as another poster commented, he is free advertising for someone who will take him on.

30 minutes ago, AhFarangJa said:

I think he may have done the young man a favour in the long run though, as another poster commented, he is free advertising for someone who will take him on.

I wonder if the Thai labour laws might be in the young man's favor. 

Sure he didn't complete a delivery but I wonder if this went to the Thai labour court the judge might indicate that, in the circumstances, to dismiss the guy is not fair and unacceptable.

Amazing Thailand, it's always about the money,his boss not happy

he did not finish his deliveries,but this hero did the right thing and

gets the sack for his troubles,just hope he finds a new better job.

regards worgeordie

4 hours ago, AhFarangJa said:

Yes, NAME the employer in big LETTERS. The Ass H*^^E.

11 hours ago, Lupatria said:

The company owner is probably one of those netizens who post a statement whenever a subject is about Thainess and high moral standards. I hope this guy drowns in the water nobody wants to buy from him anymore. 

Are you not a "netizen" commenting on Thai moral standards?

This is really a nice case for labor inspection. The guy needs to be compensated, they and he should go to court for that. He should get paid for every day, he doesnt have a new job.

Go to labor inspection !!

If im right:

91 93 ถนน โชติวิทยะกุล 3 ตำบล หาดใหญ่ อำเภอ หาดใหญ่ สงขลา 90110

91 93 Chotevittayakul 3 Rd, Tambon Hat Yai, Amphoe Hat Yai, Chang Wat Songkhla 90110

building with little flags on entrance

Seems like over here if you see something illegal, bad or some crime happening you should walk away and do nothing.  Keep you head down.

If you do the right thing and help then its likely YOU will be the one in trouble and the people committing the crimes will get away with it.

Archived