any recommendations for automatic gate installer

zeekgarcia

Any recommendations for automatic gate installer here in Chiang Mai?

Anything to watch out for?

If you have installed an automatic gate already what kind of motor/gate opener did you use?

About how wide is your gate?

About how much was the cost?

Do you have to do any maintenance to it?   If yes how often?

Any other advice appreciated. 

7 hours ago, wgdanson said:

Save some money. Get the wife to either get out of the car, or down from the house to open it for you.   LOL

I have found this technique to work reasonably well if it's not raining, dark or both.

We have a DEA controller and motors (we have 4.5m swing gates). Apart from the total destruction of the controller and the encoders in the motors by a massive lightning surge they have proved reliable. The motors were fixed for 400 Baht each, new controller was just over US $110 (from a place in Poland).

Maintenance just lubrication of the hinge pins and pivot joints on the motors.

52 minutes ago, Kiniyeow said:

Nobody's given any suggestions as to any installation companies here in Chiang Mai.  Isn't there a place near Meechok Plaza that sells and installs them?

See the photo of the BSM machine above?  Look at the big label/box of print under the big BSM and you will see the phone number to call and looking more carefully the name of the company that sold and installed.

39 minutes ago, Dante99 said:

See the photo of the BSM machine above?  Look at the big label/box of print under the big BSM and you will see the phone number to call and looking more carefully the name of the company that sold and installed.

it was installed in Rayong, i was just showing the set up rather than advertising an installer, but the machine can be bought on line some tv threads here -

I have a gate similar to the one pictured above... I did a DIY install of the following kit... The kit included tracks that have self tapping screws that just need a electric screwdriver to attach the track to the gate... I just bought a large concrete tile at Kamtiem that I attached the motor to and secured in the ground... 

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/a3-i123477936-s129103081.html?search=1

On Lazada do a search for sliding gate opener for other motors & kits

• 1 month later...

I just got an offer from AC CAS Group Co. Ltd. for a Naane Beninca (Italian) Bull5M motor (up to 500Kg 4m gate) including the photocell sensors and installation (located far from the city) for 30,000 THB.

I found online much cheaper motors, probably Chines... 

Does anyone have experience with the Italian motor / AC CAS company? Does it worth the difference in price?

Archived