Uttaradit: Mother in tearful plea: Find hit and run driver who left my son with leg amputation

webfact

Mother in tearful plea: Find hit and run driver who left my son with leg amputation

7pm.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

A mother in Uttaradit has made a tearful plea to the media to track down a hit and run pick-up driver.

An accident on the Wang Kaphee to Pichai road in Muang district led to 63 year old Chalerm Petchkaet and his grandsons Nattawut, 12, and Nattawat, 9, coming off a motorcycle. 

They were on a fishing trip. 

A white pick-up fled the scene. 

Nattawat was the worst injured with a bad injury to his right leg. After three operations it became infected and surgeons were forced to amputate. 

The boy's mother Sarai Kongkaet says that money has run out. She has had to quit her job to look after her son and the family have racked up bills of 40,000 baht. 

Her husband works in construction but his salary is a bit hit and miss. 

Police said that they believe the truck to be a Chevrolet. A CCTV image was caught of the truck but due to the lighting when the zoom was used the license plate could not be read. 

Police have contacted garages and Chevrolet dealerships where the truck may have been repaired but have so far hit a blank. They are appealing to the public for information. 

Donations can be made to the account of Sarai Kongkaet (English transliteration may vary) at the Tesco Lotus Uttaradit branch of Krung Thai #600-0-22441-9. 

Source: Thai Rath

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-12-05

A hat-trick of failures. 3 on a motorbike, which may not be the cause but is surely no help. A pick-up driver that fled the scene after an accident. An unsuccessful operation that led to infection and amputation. A good example of how things can go wrong here.

Aged 12 & 8 on a motorcycle... yet again 

why don't the police widen the search of CCTV there must be other areas that picked up the hit & run driver.

If not then it must be a local driver who's tucked it out of sight for a while !!

20 hours ago, Lungstib said:

A hat-trick of failures. 3 on a motorbike, which may not be the cause but is surely no help. A pick-up driver that fled the scene after an accident. An unsuccessful operation that led to infection and amputation. A good example of how things can go wrong here.

While I understand your reservations with 3 on a motorcycle unfortunately it’s just the reality of low income families in this country that more than likely don’t own a car or pick up. I agree things can go so awfully wrong in a split second, it can happen anywhere but the consequences are far more serious in a country such as this. 

Hopefully everyone can feel a little heartache for this family that is obviously already doing it hard. C’mon guys, let’s all do our bit. It will be much more appreciated than the usual GoFundMe rubbish because if lack of foresight of tourists obtaining travel insurance. 

591BF8E7-A481-4CD5-9465-B3F2FC283FAC.jpeg

On 12/5/2018 at 11:35 AM, Lungstib said:

so if there were two on the bike, this accident were not happening?

flawed logic imo. stop blaming the rider. this is all about a murderer truckie guy

moreover, some here dont have lots of money to buy a car and drive the kids. easy for you to judge of course.

I mean you come living here so one should expect you to be more aware and sensitive for Thai realities.

You cannot just come here and judge people with your mindset formed and coming from your home country.

sad story though. roads here are full of maniacs ready to kill motorcyclists and they cannot even be found!

i hope the family and small boy can get over this. wish them patience.

Archived