Chilling CCTV footage shows Thai man with NZ tourist moments before she was raped

webfact

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

I think you'll find half of the skin on her body was clearly visible.

Which literally makes her half naked.

so you think the amount of skin that is not covered by material is the way the law determines whether you are naked or not.....imagine you are wearing a pair of underpants or speedos and you are male....probably covers 5% to 10% of your body ........so i am 90% to 95% naked.....get real dude......you are simply victim bashing again........

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, rkidlad said:

The whole point is it being fiercely condemned. No ifs nor buts. Once this happens rape will happen less. Telling women how to dress or how much to drink doesn’t. It is a lose-lose situation. Men find excuses and women live more on edge. 

Rape sadly will always happen. You don’t lessen it by giving any form of an excuse to anyone thinking about doing it. 

No, you lessen it by teaching women how to avoid putting themselves into situations that will increase their risk of being victimized.

I have absolutely zero control over the actions of predatory criminals.  They exist in the real world, and they are going to do what predatory criminals always have, and always will do- for millennia.

I only have control over my own actions.  I can exercise that control to my benefit by using common sense, or I can surrender that control by failing to use common sense.  She failed to use common sense.

That's not victim blaming.  That's the reality- sad as it may be.  Acting as if a bunch of strokes on a keyboard is going to change that reality is folly.  But a few keystrokes may educate women to that reality- even in a tropical paradise.

6 hours ago, Just Weird said:

"There is no evidence she was raped".

How do you know that?   The point of this thread is that she claimed that she had been raped and that is being investigated.

I don't know , but the article does not tell us if they brought her to a doctor to check on her and look for evidence of a rape , semen , finger prints etc . 

12 hours ago, impulse said:

No, you lessen it by teaching women how to avoid putting themselves into situations that will increase their risk of being victimized.

I have absolutely zero control over the actions of predatory criminals.  They exist in the real world, and they are going to do what predatory criminals always have, and always will do- for millennia.

I only have control over my own actions.  I can exercise that control to my benefit by using common sense, or I can surrender that control by failing to use common sense.  She failed to use common sense.

That's not victim blaming.  That's the reality- sad as it may be.  Acting as if a bunch of strokes on a keyboard is going to change that reality is folly.  But a few keystrokes may educate women to that reality- even in a tropical paradise.

So don’t type it - go and spread the word to women. They’ll love you for it. 

56 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

So don’t type it - go and spread the word to women. They’ll love you for it. 

Nonsense, young people don't like being told what to do, while they quite enjoy take risks and defying the odds.

Archived