Unoffical Spurs Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

5 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

You are the champions and best team in the country. Yet Ronaldo going for a slash is bigger news than City. 

Unfortunately I have a lot of relatives and mates who are life long United fans and my Facebook feed has been full of them creaming themselves over his return. It's pretty pathetic considering United didn't even want him until we were linked with him

• Like 1

Just now, mrbojangles said:

Unfortunately I have a lot of relatives and mates who are life long United fans and my Facebook feed has been full of them creaming themselves over his return. It's pretty pathetic considering United didn't even want him until we were linked with him

Not true. If he was ever leaving Juve we were in for him.

This is a kid who we nurtured and brought through. He represents a glorious era of our history (3xPL, ,1xCL etc). And he went on to become the best player in the world.

There is no way you can understand how that feels.

7 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Not true. If he was ever leaving Juve we were in for him.

This is a kid who we nurtured and brought through. He represents a glorious era of our history (3xPL, ,1xCL etc). And he went on to become the best player in the world.

There is no way you can understand how that feels.

The different text in the middle paragraph is almost as if you cut and pasted it.  

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Well you better tell SAF that then

Sir Alex Ferguson admits Man City interest forced Man Utd to sign Cristiano Ronaldo

Sir Alex Ferguson admits Man City interest forced Man Utd to sign Cristiano Ronaldo - Mirror Online

A throwaway remark from a 70 odd year old. I'm sure not letting him go to you was an incentive but once we knew he was on the market that's it. We've always wanted him to come back. 

Just now, Kadilo said:

The different text in the middle paragraph is almost as if you cut and pasted it.  

It does. But I didn't.

Copy and paste in quotation marks and see if it comes up on google 

Was just weird formatting for some reason. Happened in another post I did recently.

2 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Wasn't he 17 or 18 when he signed for United? Hardly a "kid" who you nurtured. He was an adult

In football terms he came as a raw talent with bags of unrefined potential. He left as the hottest property in world football.

1 minute ago, RickG16 said:

In football terms he came as a raw talent with bags of unrefined potential. He left as the hottest property in world football.

That maybe so and if so, then say it but don't try and wrap it up like you tried to by making people think you brought him in as a kid and through the academy. You got him as a young adult and assisted in honing his natural ability. He then dropped you like a hot potato and went to RM who turned him into a Ballon DÓr winner. In the scheme of his career, United helped him tie his boot laces right

11 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

A throwaway remark from a 70 odd year old. I'm sure not letting him go to you was an incentive but once we knew he was on the market that's it. We've always wanted him to come back. 

Can't believe you refer to your best ever manager as an "70 odd year old" like he's just a idiotic supporter. He is in the know and got involved after hearing about City's interest. Fans might have wanted Ronaldo back but the United club transfer makers didn't

1 minute ago, mrbojangles said:

That maybe so and if so, then say it but don't try and wrap it up like you tried to by making people think you brought him in as a kid and through the academy. You got him as a young adult and assisted in honing his natural ability. He then dropped you like a hot potato and went to RM who turned him into a Ballon DÓr winner. In the scheme of his career, United helped him tie his boot laces right

Not at all. He was pretty much the finished article when we sold him.

He didn't drop us like a hot potato. He stayed a year longer out of respect for SAF and the club.

We are responsible for the player he is / was more than any other club.

And if you heard his interviews yesterday, I'm sure you'll agree he spoke very graciously and humbly. Completely different from the image he is often labelled with. 

2 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

And if you heard his interviews yesterday, I'm sure you'll agree he spoke very graciously and humbly. Completely different from the image he is often labelled with. 

I didn't see the interviews but I met him whilst he was at United and that meeting changed my mind about him. You won't hear me slagging Ronaldo off about his personality

Just now, mrbojangles said:

I didn't see the interviews but I met him whilst he was at United and that meeting changed my mind about him. You won't hear me slagging Ronaldo off about his personality

Best ever post from Mr Boj!

Tell your mate softdog that.

So tell us more about the meeting...... 

49 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Did you change the text this time? 

No one writes that surely? 

Anyway…..Ronnies gonna go ape with all this Ronaldo pish on the Spurs thread. 

Edited by Kadilo

1 minute ago, mrbojangles said:

I think he'll be happy for the distraction from Spurs performance yesterday ????

True say. 

He seems to be a Ronaldo fan anyhow so I’m sure he will be ok. 

Ronaldo Pickering…..mmm.….can see a name change coming ????

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, mrbojangles said:

Good job he didn't go to City then....cos he'd still be waiting for his first CL medal.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, RickG16 said:

I think we have established that he doesn't understand what choke means. 

Right up your Alley,unable to Think????????Choke is Slang,

TRANSLATED

To fail under pressure????

And  Loser Levy ,2 decades (approx ) Tenure, SERIAL  CHOKERS  ????????????????????????????

• Like 1