Unoffical Spurs Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

50 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Money all tied up in the white elephant, sorry, white hart lane new stadium build but the spursy fans don't seem to accept that. 

From today's Mail:

"Saturday's opponents have bought the best striker in France — Alexandre Lacazette — and one of the best in Germany — Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang in the last two years. Tottenham do not have this option and will not for some time. The club may insist their spending will not be overly affected by spiraling stadium costs but a statement late last year revealed the club's net debt stands at £366million and will rise to £600m. It appears likely, therefore, that squad building will be impacted by stadium repayments.

Arsenal are a good comparison — a club that sacrificed on-field ambition at the altar of the spreadsheet. The club are 13 years into life at the Emirates Stadium and a squeezed budget saw a series of leading players depart. It is a process that continues..."

4 minutes ago, champers said:

Harry Kane went down quicker than a Soi 6 ladyboy. Or so I'm told.

Val: Definitely not a pen! He was offside!

Mark: Bring on VAR. Awful refereeing. Offside all day

Thomas: Arsenal have been cheated, Kane clearly offside, only way they were going to get in the match as dreadful is being very kind to Spurs today.

I take it he was in an offside position too?

10 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

Thomas: Arsenal have been cheated, Kane clearly offside, only way they were going to get in the match as dreadful is being very kind to Spurs today.

Replays show him offside.

Oh! Aubameyang has just won a dodgy pen. Lloris saves!! Oh my word!

Edited by champers

11 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Dire that at times...I thought we were fortunate to get the draw but their keeper did well.

Need to get back to winning ways soon!

In the words of the great Meatloaf:

"Now don't be sad
'Cause one out of nine ain't bad"

Well hardly a  surprising  result..tbh i'm glad we didnt lose if we had we prob couldnt have moaned 2 muc   given since and including leicester game in the prem  we aint played well. 2 many square pegs in round holes and overall 2 many changes esp at the bac has it  left hugo a touch shell shocked? .. bear in mind our 'success was based on toby and verities long standin  solid combination.. cant recall when they had more than a one game 2 gether recently,  tripps is off song atm. Carrying a knock maybe?  and our attackin winger sissoko has turned into a beast of a holdin middie..  add to that the pressure is begining to take its toll on poch aka the recent outburst and afew suspect decisions..4 eg  v the chavs ' late 1 st half early 2nd there was space behind the defence  that looked exploitable  son wasnt gettin joy so what did he do .. bring llorente on,  effectively pushing  the front line up and the chavs automatically dropped deeper reducing the space  behind and 2 me it was  a big step to game over.. but hey i nit pick. Sitting 3rd and points clear. Asked pre season would i take it.. has to be a HUGE yes.. next up a defence of a 3 .0 lead

And as for rose saying  pochs half time talk  was the most inspiring EVER.. no wonder  it must have felt like a HUGE pat on the bac being sent into centerish  mid second half esp when as a wing bac his distribution and general play  aint exactly setting the world alight  .. really poch havin to stick a wing bac into the center  shows the state of our midfeild cover  atm ..

I can see Dortmind scoring 2 goals in the first half if we're not careful. 

But just need a goal to win this overall. Spurs scored in almost all away games this season.  

almost the only chance and kane scores with it. tonights team were so much better balanced  than v the arsewipes, winks is key 4 us at the mo his play from defence out is proving central to our game plan . pamela should have scored v late , 2 few mins is begining to show in his play   which makes leaving lucus on the bench understandable , however in the last game and this one i  think his pace and trickery  would have taken advantage of the situations better than arguably anyone in the squad, shame his defensive game is crap  !! probably key to poch's decisions  how ever WHAT A WIN huge huge huge ,, not quite up to the 'vim' boys from the land of the bulb  still onwards and upwards,, so to speak.

Edited by 3 minus 2
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, 3 minus 2 said:

TIME to ban english commentators  they're all to fond of their own opinions forget that theyre  to describe the game  and danny higginbottom what a  <deleted> nearlyt as bad as that <deleted>  savage 

Dont talk about Danny like that, both him and Savage came through the Academy at United

Edited by ChipButty

Congratulations Spurs. Good luck with the draw.

Your feeder club, Ajax, have done pretty well too. Some great young players there plus 3 summer signings with bags of experience: Tadic, Blindt and Huntelaar.

On 3/2/2019 at 9:09 PM, Kadilo said:

On 3/2/2019 at 9:19 PM, champers said:

Replays show him offside.

Oh! Aubameyang has just won a dodgy pen. Lloris saves!! Oh my word!

For the record, I thought the offside rule states that you can only

be offside if and when the player receives the ball.

Kane never received the ball before he was fouled, so wasn't

deemed to be offside, maybe that's why the pen was given.

It's plainly obvious that the so called expert pundits don't seem to grasp this part of the rule as it wasn't apparent when they were 

players.

The question should be whether a foul should be given to a player

in an offside position before he receives the ball?

I think the answer in this case is yes. 

1 hour ago, champers said:

Congratulations Spurs. Good luck with the draw.

Your feeder club, Ajax, have done pretty well too. Some great young players there plus 3 summer signings with bags of experience: Tadic, Blindt and Huntelaar.

Yeah Ajax are looking like the dark horses in this draw, although

all eight teams that go through will be tough competition.

I suppose you could say the winners of Porto v Roma would be 

who most teams would want. 

47 minutes ago, sotsira said:

Yeah Ajax are looking like the dark horses in this draw, although

all eight teams that go through will be tough competition.

I suppose you could say the winners of Porto v Roma would be 

who most teams would want. 

Anyone but an English team would be my preference.

In the end you need to be able to beat anyone to win the competition....I'm sure that is Poch's thoughts as well.

Hate to be all Spursy and lose to Barca in the final.

Or is that all Arsey? :tongue:

2 hours ago, sotsira said:

Two match ban for Poch for the next EPL games against

Southampton and Liverpool.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/47452207

Pep got a 2 match EUFA ban for getting sent off vs mickey mousers.

Want i want to know is how did Klopp, who confronted the ref after the draw at West Ham United and then accused the official of bias, escape a touchline ban? Aggressiveness, dissent to the officials and making accussations of bias should always be heavily penalised. 

Can see Spurs appealing.

Edited by Bredbury Blue