Unoffical Spurs Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

6 hours ago, sotsira said:

For the record, I thought the offside rule states that you can only

be offside if and when the player receives the ball.

Kane never received the ball before he was fouled, so wasn't

deemed to be offside, maybe that's why the pen was given.

It's plainly obvious that the so called expert pundits don't seem to grasp this part of the rule as it wasn't apparent when they were 

players.

The question should be whether a foul should be given to a player

in an offside position before he receives the ball?

I think the answer in this case is yes. 

What that brings to mind is that if there's that much confusion between so called experts firsty they need replacing  and secondly the powers to be need to modify or at v v least clarfy  the laws

Well that went smooth.  Wont be as easy as this next time.

After watching Ajax crush RM I would avoid them in the quarter finals. Some very young, talented players there and the coach knows what he's doing. 

But any team is tough at this stage 

7 hours ago, sotsira said:

For the record, I thought the offside rule states that you can only

be offside if and when the player receives the ball.

Kane never received the ball before he was fouled, so wasn't

deemed to be offside, maybe that's why the pen was given.

It's plainly obvious that the so called expert pundits don't seem to grasp this part of the rule as it wasn't apparent when they were 

players.

The question should be whether a foul should be given to a player

in an offside position before he receives the ball?

I think the answer in this case is yes. 

Dermot Gallaher clears up the Law. He also says that the penalty was the incorrect decision.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11670/11654941/harry-kane-penalty-decision-in-north-london-derby-was-incorrect-says-former-referee-dermot-gallagher

Spot on Dermie baby!

This law was greatly discussed when Fernandinho gave the 2nd penalty away to Schalke recently.

Quote:

"The second decision was also correctly made on the basis of the Laws of the Game (Law 11 – Offside) which stipulates: “if a player in an offside position is moving towards the ball with the intention of playing the ball and is fouled before playing or attempting to play the ball, or challenging an opponent for the ball, the foul is penalised as it has occurred before the offside offence”.
The images...clearly show that a foul is committed inside the box before the Schalke player could even attempt to play the ball and hence such offence must be punished with the awarding of a penalty kick."

Fernandinho fouled the player in an offside position before he attempted to play the ball and became active = penalty.

Kane was in an offside position but wasn't fouled until attempting to play the ball and active = NO penalty. 

Lucky barstewards!

Edited by Bredbury Blue

1 hour ago, 3 minus 2 said:

I was a little awestruck with the mammoth tier behind the goal last night.. equally impressed when the guardian reckoned weve based one of our ends  at our new stad on it

It's all standing for Bundesliga games. They get crowds of 80,000 all the time for league games, though tickets are quite a bit cheaper in Germany.

10 minutes ago, champers said:

It's all standing for Bundesliga games. They get crowds of 80,000 all the time for league games, though tickets are quite a bit cheaper in Germany.

You can imagine how hermans feel when they have to pay exorbitant london prices to sit. I heard it was 10 quid for a pie and a pint at Wembley for the caraboa cup - bet a beer and bratwurst is nothing like that in Germany. A cheaper day out standing and watching in the Bundesliga as I'm reminded regularly by work colleagues who ask 'why do you englishmen put up with the high costs in your Premier league'.

6 hours ago, champers said:

Sorry mate but from my exp  cheaper tickets are a good bit of pr i'm a v v occasional b leverkusan attendee. and what my mate tells me..cheap tickets   he's a reg bund's lger,  but of no particular affiliation   15 euro tickets are like gold dust and in 30 plus years  he's never managed to buy any,  he reckons they tend end up on the blackish  market at a higher cost  and after that the ticket costs are similar. last time i went v b mun' cost me 70 euros   and have to say bm fans are the WORST BEHAVED fans ive come  ax in the last 30 ish years unruly  nasty ignorant <deleted>...

• Thanks 1

Mauricio Pochettino admits he was stunned by two-match touchline ban for confronting Mike Dean at Burnley: 'I am a little bit in shock... I need to see reasons, I think it is completely unfair'

He said he was 'in shock' at the FA's decision and wants to see their reasons

Tottenham boss is set to be in the stands for trips to Southampton and Liverpool

Dele Alli is fit and expected to be back in squad for Spurs' game at Southampton 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6782473/Pochettino-admits-stunned-two-match-touchline-ban-confronting-Mike-Dean.html

So the dates actually arrived,, 1st week in april to the new home,,, WOW,,, have to say it  looks amazing, champion lge quarter final to be one of the first games there is just totally remarkable,,,

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47502366

• Like 2

7 hours ago, 3 minus 2 said:

So the dates actually arrived,, 1st week in april to the new home,,, WOW,,, have to say it  looks amazing, champion lge quarter final to be one of the first games there is just totally remarkable,,,

Don't want to sound pessimistic, but more realistic, as it's

not exactly a certainty just yet, the 2 test events on the

24th & 30th March still need to be passed with the safety 

certificate, before an EPL game can be played.

We all know what these official bureaucrats can be like

when it comes down to it.

So in reality we won't know for sure until the end of the

month at the earliest.

4 hours ago, sotsira said:

Don't want to sound pessimistic, but more realistic, as it's

not exactly a certainty just yet, the 2 test events on the

24th & 30th March still need to be passed with the safety 

certificate, before an EPL game can be played.

We all know what these official bureaucrats can be like

when it comes down to it.

So in reality we won't know for sure until the end of the

month at the earliest.

You are being hopefully far to pessimistic.. i'm hoping that given all the unncertanty they wouldnt allow or announce that theyre gonna stage ANYTHING there unless it was safe and ready to rock and roll, and given the budget one presumes they're advised on these things so i'de go the dates stand. But if you feel happier not then over  to you.. 

If the bbc are right The Scheduling for march is a disgrace .. after todays game we aint got a prem game until 31 against liverpool.. given the recent probs  with the no of games weve had to cram in the  prem and who ever  should hold their heads in shame

12 hours ago, 3 minus 2 said:

Manchester United v Spurs in the quarter final would make a good game almost romantic I can see it now 3-1 United 

8 minutes ago, 3 minus 2 said:

If the bbc are right The Scheduling for march is a disgrace .. after todays game we aint got a prem game until 31 against liverpool.. given the recent probs  with the no of games weve had to cram in the  prem and who ever  should hold their heads in shame

So you’re missing one weekend (16th) presumably because you were down to play one of the remaining FA Cup sides who are playing that weekend?

2 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

Manchester United v Spurs in the quarter final would make a good game almost romantic I can see it now 3-1 United 

Yeah utd spurs a good old school classic.. if were at full strength it'll be  a close one.. who knows could go either way .. a true game for the stars to shine? .. ours ve yours ?  think at full strength we've got a little more than you BUT if we aint at full strength then your depth could well win the day..

4 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

So you’re missing one weekend (16th) presumably because you were down to play one of the remaining FA Cup sides who are playing that weekend?

So you think the prem  have done a/ are doing a good job this season with the fixtures.?

1 minute ago, 3 minus 2 said:

So you think the prem  have done a/ are doing a good job this season with the fixtures.?

I honestly don’t know. You’ve had a good run in the Cups and Euros so I guess it’s always gonna be more complicated than the likes of my lot. That said  I’ve not heard any other sides commenting in the same predicament. 

Seems your lot have have a problem with the job they are doing stemming from Poch comments last week re Dortmund getting an extra days prep, not that it did them any good. 

2 hours ago, Kadilo said:

I honestly don’t know. You’ve had a good run in the Cups and Euros so I guess it’s always gonna be more complicated than the likes of my lot. That said  I’ve not heard any other sides commenting in the same predicament. 

Seems your lot have have a problem with the job they are doing stemming from Poch comments last week re Dortmund getting an extra days prep, not that it did them any good. 

Kloppy poch sarri and i think pep have had a moan about the severity of the english schedule .. my eg is the opposite end of the scale ie no games as opposed to 2 many  but it still highlights the problem, poor management by the powers to be.

Now to me this forward line has it all tbh cant really think of a current  better 4  .. anyone?  three maybe but 4 ???  lucas erikson alli and kane .. pace power guile vision and alli capable of the unexpected  .. lets hope they meet my expectations..

Quite <deleted>  danny rose was doin 4 the 1st heaven knows  ive been on about it 4 an age .. atm he just aint up to task.. time to be rid and goin by the subs ide say poch was of the same thought.. davies givves nothin to win a game  he's a reasonable defender but forward at this level offers little, so puttin him on instead of rose .. who arguably is better goin 4 ward    is makin a huge stat   IMO

And lookin at hugo 4 the 2nd,.OK  That shot was powerful but it was NOWHERE near the top corner .. hugo was a yard out of position imo he should have had that spot covered..right in the top lh corner  yeah unstoppable but that .. was at least a yard inside the post and ide expext  a   w class  keeper to at the v least get to it  ..

Anways  oh  verity IMO EXTREMELLY fortunate not to c red that was dangerous play and whats worse is it was f... cin stupid  

We shouod have had that game sewn up by half time   1st half they were our TOTAL bitch's,,,, ali faded Kane misfired and lucus needed decent supply barrin that and next seasons champs lge is lookin dicey ... alls frigging rosy !@!