Unoffical Spurs Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

On 2/14/2019 at 12:01 PM, carmine said:

Sorry but he's publicly said he intends to stay at Spurs for the long term and full fill his ambitions at the club.

What on earth more do people want him to say?!!!

And yes, were not yet through, but getting knocked out now would be an unmitigated disaster.  

United belong in the europa clearly................we do not.  Ask Rick!!????

Wise words. Or perhaps not.

It's a shame two English clubs have been drawn together at 

this stage, it would have been nice to have had the potential to knock out another Euro club.

Also Man U & Liverpool will face each other if they progress to

the semi's.

Still, there's a good chance of an all English final, which would 

be a first, if I'm not mistaken.

7 hours ago, sotsira said:

Still, there's a good chance of an all English final, which would 

be a first, if I'm not mistaken.

2007-2008 Manchester United V Chelsea Champions League final......:thumbsup:

• Thanks 1

On 3/16/2019 at 11:28 AM, sotsira said:

Oh yeah, that's the one JT ended up balling his eyes out ????

How could I have forgotten that? ????????

Finals are not spurs forte but I see you were right about the semi final possibility. 

3 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Could end up being a nightmare scenario for Spurs , Spurs finishing 4 th above Chelsea and Arsenal and then a Chelsea V Arsenal Europa league cup final................pushing Spurs out of next seasons Champions League 

Arsenal and man Utd for 3rd and 4th I reckon. Spurs have dropped off big time and they got a difficult run in. West ham to face too and that's always a tough one for them. 

At this stage I'm just happy we finish top 4. And can look forward to a new season and CL football in our new stadium.

Chelsea losing so we could see some surprising results the next weeks.

We just need to win a few games, at our new stadium, it has been confirmed , 3rd April , against Crystal Palace.

That will be a huge and very important game.

2 hours ago, balo said:

At this stage I'm just happy we finish top 4. And can look forward to a new season and CL football in our new stadium.

Chelsea losing so we could see some surprising results the next weeks.

We just need to win a few games, at our new stadium, it has been confirmed , 3rd April , against Crystal Palace.

Losing eriksen is gonna be a big blow 

13 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

Losing eriksen is gonna be a big blow 

Well as we saw with Dembele Levy won't wait till he leaves on a free.

If he goes it will be for a huge fee and we'll find a replacement....Just as happens at most clubs.

If we have CL next year easy enough to attract a good replacement.

37 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Well as we saw with Dembele Levy won't wait till he leaves on a free.

If he goes it will be for a huge fee and we'll find a replacement....Just as happens at most clubs.

If we have CL next year easy enough to attract a good replacement.

Yh dembele for 11m was an absolute winner! 

Easy enough eh! For 11m (fee spurs paid for eriksen) I doubt that. Let's just be clear. Just cos the stadiums built does not mean the finances are back on track and in the last two Windows you ain't signed a player and you was in the CL. Could not even sign Grealish!

17 hours ago, balo said:

Looks like the second game at your new stadium is against us in the CL

1 hour ago, Rc2702 said:

Yh dembele for 11m was an absolute winner! 

Easy enough eh! For 11m (fee spurs paid for eriksen) I doubt that. Let's just be clear. Just cos the stadiums built does not mean the finances are back on track and in the last two Windows you ain't signed a player and you was in the CL. Could not even sign Grealish!

Yes we've really struggled without signing anyone haven't we?

Last eight in Europe anyone?

Third in the Premiership?

I mention Dembele since we took the 11m quid over the quality he would have given us for the second half of the season.

I'd rather he had stayed.

• Like 1

On 3/19/2019 at 6:06 AM, RonniePickering22 said:

Yes we've really struggled without signing anyone haven't we?

Last eight in Europe anyone?

Third in the Premiership?

I mention Dembele since we took the 11m quid over the quality he would have given us for the second half of the season.

I'd rather he had stayed.

me to ,  u know im a sissoko fan BUT  would he have had the 'room' to step up to quite the degree he has if dembele had stayed ? me i dont think so,  same sort of applies to winks,, b4 our last injury 'crisis' winks 4 me was a bit part player with IT to prove, NOW i aint lookin no further than him and sissoks'for our   'engine'. Over the last ?? games winks has stepped up admirably ,, from a boy to a man.for want of a better phrase.  the cynic in me keeps going bac to sissoko is lookin for a new contract ,, but hey,,,,w t f ,,,, thats footie atm..

Edited by 3 minus 2

47 minutes ago, 3 minus 2 said:

me to ,  u know im a sissoko fan BUT  would he have had the 'room' to step up to quite the degree he has if dembele had stayed ? me i dont think so,  same sort of applies to winks,, b4 our last injury 'crisis' winks 4 me was a bit part player with IT to prove, NOW i aint lookin no further than him and sissoks'for our   'engine'. Over the last ?? games winks has stepped up admirably ,, from a boy to a man.for want of a better phrase.  the cynic in me keeps going bac to sissoko is lookin for a new contract ,, but hey,,,,w t f ,,,, thats footie atm..

The difference is Dembele already had the class and oodles of it....Levy has gambled there so we'll see if CL this year pays off.

Jury out.

29 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

The difference is Dembele already had the class and oodles of it....Levy has gambled there so we'll see if CL this year pays off.

Jury out.

yeah on the face of it seems levy took the buck, i'm wondering what else was happening behind the scene , cos 11 mil v champs lge next season  thats a punt  even with HUGE odds the most optimistic punter probably wouldnt go for ,, sayin that who would have  thought our results would have gone quite  the way they have,, hind sight is a wondereful thing that we

ALL wish we had

28 minutes ago, 3 minus 2 said:

yeah on the face of it seems levy took the buck, i'm wondering what else was happening behind the scene , cos 11 mil v champs lge next season  thats a punt  even with HUGE odds the most optimistic punter probably wouldnt go for ,, sayin that who would have  thought our results would have gone quite  the way they have,, hind sight is a wondereful thing that we

ALL wish we had

I can't see Poch liking that at all.

Pure money decision and not a sniff of replacement of course.

Our midfield is massively weaker as a result.

15 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

I can't see Poch liking that at all.

Pure money decision and not a sniff of replacement of course.

Our midfield is massively weaker as a result.

Trouble is  given its timing  would we have been  able to buy better than what weve already got in waiting ? i remain unconvinced  But Yeah in the bac of my mind i'm wondering just how much this tail end of the season will play on pochs mind  BUT on the other hand  .. the jobs he was supposedly touted 4 .. utd AND madrid .. both well and truly TAKEN  so all else imo will be a sideways if not a step down

Edited by 3 minus 2

1 hour ago, RonniePickering22 said:

You bloody tart...too scared to meet me in the Krays pub in Bangkok?

You're a bloody hoodlum. Everybody knows !

What the heck has happened to Carmine and Alfie ?! Slow boat to China ?

• Haha 1

On 3/22/2019 at 6:30 AM, jellydog said:

You're a bloody hoodlum. Everybody knows !

What the heck has happened to Carmine and Alfie ?! Slow boat to China ?

Yes where are they indeed....not much to say on here right now....maybe they will be back when we get to the CL final...

14 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Yes where are they indeed....not much to say on here right now....maybe they will be back when we get to the CL final...

Maybe they were never here. Just having a cup of tea.

48 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Existential bs?

Bit like your Premiership challenge pwrhaps R2D2....keep your eye on the ball laddie!

1 game at a time. Let's see how long you go AWOL for from next Sunday. 

1 hour ago, champers said:

Just seen photos in the BBC from the U18s game at the new ground on Sunday. £3.50 for a pie!!! And that is without chips, peas or gravy. They had better be good for that price.

And no cash taken. All cashless transactions. Don't the southerners realise us northerners don't even use banks yet. We still stuff money under the mattress 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, champers said:

Just seen photos in the BBC from the U18s game at the new ground on Sunday. £3.50 for a pie!!! And that is without chips, peas or gravy. They had better be good for that price.

Its £8 at Wembley for a not so pukka bowl of fried chicken.

I guess some of you aint been to London since the 70's. :post-4641-1156694572:

• Haha 1