Unoffical Spurs Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

15 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Its £8 at Wembley for a not so pukka bowl of fried chicken.

I guess some of you aint been to London since the 70's. :post-4641-1156694572:

Been to WHL a couple of times in the noughties to watch Bolton. Last time was the day Bill Nicholson died. Stood behind Vernon Kay in the pie queue at half time. 1-0, Nolan snapped up the rebound after Okocha hit the post.

Charlton was the favourite London trip, Millwall least favourite.

Edited by champers
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

It was brilliant defending by VvD making him shoot on his left, while forcing him to not give it to Son. 

VVD did all he could, but the dude still had all the time to transfer it to his left foot and shoot. He just had to keep his head over the ball and pick his spot. 

2 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

VVD did all he could, but the dude still had all the time to transfer it to his left foot and shoot. He just had to keep his head over the ball and pick his spot. 

Yeah but he's a lump. And VvD forced him to hesitate, took him wide and covered.

Screen Shot 2019-03-31 at 9.59.04 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-03-31 at 9.59.49 PM.png

1 minute ago, BangrakBob said:

3 horse race, for 2 spots, Still better placed than Arse and United won't beat Wolves. 

The way its been going we'll be lucky....the new stadium of course might change things considerably....be full houses rest of the season.

Just now, BangrakBob said:

Yeah but he's a lump. And VvD forced him to hesitate, took him wide and covered.

Screen Shot 2019-03-31 at 9.59.04 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-03-31 at 9.59.49 PM.png

VVD has that hallmark that some great CBs have, such as Stam / Rio... Looks like lots of the time his positioning is so good he doesn't actually have to make a tackle. I'm sure Rio had an insanely low yellow card count. Wouldn't be too surprised if VVD's disciplinary record is similar. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

VVD has that hallmark that some great CBs have, such as Stam / Rio... Looks like lots of the time his positioning is so good he doesn't actually have to make a tackle. I'm sure Rio had an insanely low yellow card count. Wouldn't be too surprised if VVD's disciplinary record is similar. 

Yeah I can't remember him even getting one. And yes, the similarities with the reading of the game is at that level. 

3 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

The way its been going we'll be lucky....the new stadium of course might change things considerably....be full houses rest of the season.

Remember millwall bitchin and reçkoning in retrospect that  a  brand spankin glitzy new stad was  almost the same size motivator   for the away team as it was for   the home team... so no pressure !!! 

23 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Yes carms I still think we will grab a top four spot....we've had a run of very tough games and some unlucky results.

That will change I'm sure.

I wish you all the best

From the 21st April ????

Yeah carms.. cruel esp after clawing our way bac into it..for me it was NO surprise they dominated 1 st half as you said the only surprise was  they only scored once  .. bit similar to england v cratia  the 3 at the bac leaves gaps arguably where liverpools  strength unlike rrsouthgate att,  poch has a plan b.... we went to a four and things  improved.. anyways horrible cruel way to lose  

No question hugo should have caught it b4 it went in of toby..  i'm not sure gazza is the answer to our goalkeepin situ .. its one thing having a run totally diferent being first choice . unlike most  outfeild players who, arguably with game time tends to   improve and the pressure tends to  diminish with a keeper it sort of  grows and intensifies ...bit like a none scoring striker   maybe that aint coverin it all however... but yeah in an ideal world it'll b sorted   . Just another little obo is it me or is  his distribution  almost worsening by the week.?.   in his defence .. defending is ALL about stabilty and workin as a unit knowin your covered by your partner tried and tested..  chopping  and changin game in game out  really dont help . .just a point to bac that nit pickin i know but 4 the goal was toby coverin the lhs where verity or sanchez would/ should have been  as i said nit pickin .. BUT games are lost by details as weve recently seen... liverpool DID attack the 5 yard box with EVERY corner/ opportunity.. anyways .. we've still got a bloody good team/squad  with a touch more luck things will go our way and one things 4 sure  there are gonna be more twists and turns b4 the seasons out..  top 4 is not by any means out of reach

15 hours ago, carmine said:

We started set up as a 352 which was no surprise, certainly what i was expecting although i didn't expect Liverpool to dominate they way they did in the first half and it was somewhat fortuitous we came in only one goal down.

Second half saw a correct tactical shift switching to a back four and a four man midfield.  We were extremely good from this point on and a draw was the least we deserved,msome might say all three points but whichever way you look at it, that was a cruel result.

Two further points regards Lloris and van Dijk.  Hugo needs to be dropped and Gazzaniga given a start.  I've been saying this for months, it's not a knee jerk reaction. The defense needs to trust the keeper and i can't see how they do, this season being littered with his unforced errors and howlers.

My last point is regards superb defending by van Dijk. he knew Sissoko and not a finisher and he clearly knew he was also a right footed player that was immediately looking to feed the ball to Son who would in all probability buried it. So, he deliberately held his ground to block off that option knowing there was a much greater chance of Sissoko missing which was no great surprise to me. (He is one of our best players this season but will never be a finisher.)  Brilliant savvy defending by a player that will be there or thereabouts for the Poxy award.

What that game did remind me of is that we can still go toe to toe with the leagues best and simply need to concentrate on our results till the end of the season and forget about what the others are doing because i saw little from United or Chelsea this weekend to overly concern me and i rate Arsenal lee than them.   In fairness, i think the United players looked jaded from the Sky Sports Ole Gunner wankfest that exploded onto our screens within minutes of his appointment.  But, well done to him nonetheless, he thoroughly deserved a contract.

Spurs are destined for doom. Their manager has had the equivalent of the girl of his dreams flash before his eyes, but he's no closer to getting her. Why? Because the guy from next door, who knows her better than anyone, sealed the deal. When they started dating, nobody expected it to last, but he proved everybody wrong. Were lunches with Fergie (her father) all in vain? Maybe, maybe not, but Poch will just have to bide his time. 

• Haha 1

I watched MOTD and Lloris is now number 2 on the list behind Pickford on keeper mistakes.  He cost us a point against LIverpool. It's just not good enough, yes sometimes he looks like the best keeper in Europe, but when you are 32 years old with so many years of experience you need to save easy shots like that. 

I know it's all about the team and we should have scored at least 2 goals last night, but Lloris could cost us the top 4.  

5 hours ago, RickG16 said:

Spurs are destined for doom. Their manager has had the equivalent of the girl of his dreams flash before his eyes, but he's no closer to getting her. Why? Because the guy from next door, who knows her better than anyone, sealed the deal. When they started dating, nobody expected it to last, but he proved everybody wrong. Were lunches with Fergie (her father) all in vain? Maybe, maybe not, but Poch will just have to bide his time. 

Was this post really worth the effort?!!!????

7 hours ago, RickG16 said:

Meanwhile you think it was a genius move to replace one of the most successful managers in history, with a bloke who managed a sandwich shop team in Norway. 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, carmine said:

Was this post really worth the effort?!!!????

It was; though Rick forgot to add Zidane in to his anology.

I think Rick read the recent article, forget which website, on how Poch's bargaining powers with Levy have severely diminished with his potential suitors signing up Oli and Zidane. It's a decent point: bad news for Poch but very good news for your spurs fans.

Edited by Bredbury Blue