Unoffical Spurs Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

4 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

Meanwhile you think it was a genius move to replace one of the most successful managers in history, with a bloke who managed a sandwich shop team in Norway. 

Poor old Utd still heading for Thursday night footy too!!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Poor old Utd still heading for Thursday night footy too!!

The honeymoon is over.  The euphoria in Mourinho's departure was understandable as is his replacement being a club legend, but now it's reality check time.

btw Ronnie, was Rick's rather peculiar post suggesting that Ferguson was shagging Ole in preference to Poch?  Couldn't make head nor tail of it....????

2 hours ago, carmine said:

The honeymoon is over.  The euphoria in Mourinho's departure was understandable as is his replacement being a club legend, but now it's reality check time.

btw Ronnie, was Rick's rather peculiar post suggesting that Ferguson was shagging Ole in preference to Poch?  Couldn't make head nor tail of it....????

My guess is Poch declined but Ole was more than game having had plenty of previous in his younger days.

14 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

My guess is Poch declined but Ole was more than game having had plenty of previous in his younger days.

Why does Rick think that Fergie smashing down Ole's back door, as it were, has anything Spurs related?????

Anyway, back to football and In Poch's case i never thought he wanted the United job anyway, what he wanted was for Levy to give him a decent transfer kitty this summer and he's made that point very bluntly in the last couple of days.  If we cop out over these next two windows i think we will lose him, but surely Levy must see this too and will act accordingly.  Fulham's striker and left sided midfield would be a good start.  We'll also likely be needing to replace Toby and Eriksen.  

I think Super Spurs have done well.

Every game, for quite a while now, has been away from home. Every game they play in, they are competitive; although they might not win. Unlike their rivals from East London, who have turned in some appalling displays of late. Burnley away in particular and last Saturday's Everton defeat. Remember, they have a new 60k ground too.

Well done Spurs! Next season, or the one after, CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Lamela, Dier, Aurier and Llorente all unavailable.  Harry Winks is 50/50.

I think he'll select Lloris but one more unforced error and that might well be it. Amongst fans theres already a very high percentage that want to see Gazzaniga starting.

6 hours ago, owl sees all said:

I think Super Spurs have done well.

Every game, for quite a while now, has been away from home. Every game they play in, they are competitive; although they might not win. Unlike their rivals from East London, who have turned in some appalling displays of late. Burnley away in particular and last Saturday's Everton defeat. Remember, they have a new 60k ground too.

Well done Spurs! Next season, or the one after, CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Done well? Certainly not in the League recently. There’s is no denying your place in the League and Europe over shadows anything we have failed to achieve and for sure some of them performances were indeed awful, but come on, let’s call a spade a spade and get the rose glasses off. 

Have you actually watched any of your games?

Our last 5 League games, W2 L3, yours W1 L4 I believe including a loss at Burnley and Southampton. Or did you forget your woeful performance at Burnley because you wanted to make a point about ours?

Yes 60K, full for every appalling display ???? Lets see how your attendances compare in the coming months. 

2 hours ago, Kadilo said:

Interesting article from someone who knows him well I believe.

Mauricio Pochettino: What next for Tottenham boss?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47791236

You beat me to it; an excellent article As Rick's anology whistled past Carmine's noggin I'm not too optimistic  he'll understand the article. 

"Has the team peaked? It feels that way."

Done well? Certainly not in the League recently. There’s is no denying your place in the League and Europe over shadows anything we have failed to achieve and for sure some of them performances were indeed awful, but come on, let’s call a spade a spade and get the rose glasses off. 

Have you actually watched any of your games?

Our last 5 League games, W2 L3, yours W1 L4 I believe including a loss at Burnley and Southampton. Or did you forget your woeful performance at Burnley because you wanted to make a point about ours?

Yes 60K, full for every appalling display ???? Lets see how your attendances compare in the coming months. 

Spurs have taken only one point from 15 domestically - the worst run of Poch's five-year reign.

R2D2 will be along later with his 'you're doomed, you're going to sell all your best players and you're  going to lose your manager' party-piece.

Interesting article from someone who knows him well I believe.

Mauricio Pochettino: What next for Tottenham boss?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47791236

A load of horse manure that....a team who sold their best midfielder in January and couldn't replace him easily.

It will happen this summer along with a few other ins and outs and a new Pochettino team will emerge stronger than before.

13 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Must admit lads, the stadium looks very impressive. And after all the arguing on here about how much over budget it was going to end up, beIN have stated the final cost was 1billion quid

knel, you'd think it was the opening of the Olympics...football stadium, get on with it.

Best thing about it is their ability to fill a non-biodegradable plastic cup with beer ????

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

It's a bit quiet. What about those U2 engineered acoustics? Not even a 19 minute box

dive from Kane raised too much of a buzz. 

The sound man has them on mute. He hasn't figured out how to work the Amp yet. In the second half ther'll be loads of feedback, echo and reverb

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

The sound man has them on mute. He hasn't figured out how to work the Amp yet. In the second half ther'll be loads of feedback, echo and reverb

He still hasn't found what he's looking for.

• Haha 1

WOW, the jealousy of posters regards our new stadium is palpable this morning!!  Get over yourselves and move onto the "but its going to bankrupt you" discussion.......and show a bit of respect to a modern wonder of a stadium fittingly to match the reputedly best training center in the country!????

Back to football if i may, and i really didn't find it an enjoyable experience.  I doubt many if any of us would have found ourselves playing the opening game at the new stadium on the back of no league wins in four games playing Palace who are in a much better run of form than us.  Add to that a high degree of pressure.

Lloris was given the nod, possibly undeservedly but i think it was the right decision.  Winks was given a late run out, equally expected.  Palace well organized, looking for the point and fortunately we found a way through.  Not much more to say about things as Palace came offering so little.

6 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

It's a bit quiet. What about those U2 engineered acoustics? Not even a 19 minute box

dive from Kane raised too much of a buzz. 

For a moment i thought i'd see Salah and Firmino make a spectacular dive from the Sky Bar......

Kane is very much little league in the dark arts compared to those two as well you know Bobby!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, sanemax said:

10 000 people queuing up to buy themselves a pint 

<deleted> me, who pulled your chain!!!!  Boasting a shack like Stamford Bridge i'd have thought the least a Chelsea fan would do is abstain from any such conversations!!! ????

So, Hazard to Real Madrid in the summer if Zidane wants him.  Next..........

2 hours ago, carmine said:

For a moment i thought i'd see Salah and Firmino make a spectacular dive from the Sky Bar......

Kane is very much little league in the dark arts compared to those two as well you know Bobby!!

Yer man Poch coaches the Argentine diving team in the summer.

14 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

A load of horse manure that....a team who sold their best midfielder in January and couldn't replace him easily.

It will happen this summer along with a few other ins and outs and a new Pochettino team will emerge stronger than before.

Well they do seem to have forgotten that we are planning a freshening up in the transfer market this summer so its not our fault that the detractors are a bit behind the times and Balleagues article somewhat irrelevant.

Or maybe its not if we are considered the only side in the league that cannot freshen up and have to run a squad into the ground!!!

Actually, it's little more than a well written, irrelevant load of cobblers if we do indeed, as planned bring in new faces this summer!  If the journalist is doing anything he's simply backing up what Poch has said recently about new players being needed so its simply stating the bleeding obvious.  However, i'd expect the usual suspects to salivate over it????