Unoffical Spurs Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

9 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

knel, you'd think it was the opening of the Olympics...football stadium, get on with it.

Best thing about it is their ability to fill a non-biodegradable plastic cup with beer ????

Its what i'm reading from the journey Bob.  They're the ones knocking one out over it!!!!!  And i really have to defend it when the likes of Rick is suggesting were doomed and the next minute i'm looking at their hovel of a stadium with that astonishingly crap brick wall behind the dugout!  Naff or what!

Don't worry, despite the grandeur of the new White Hart Lane, there's still a very high chance of getting muggged within five minutes of leaving the stadium!

On a more serious note, i'm not hearing very good reports about the supposedly upgraded rail links.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

A load of horse manure that....a team who sold their best midfielder in January and couldn't replace him easily.

It will happen this summer along with a few other ins and outs and a new Pochettino team will emerge stronger than before.

Couldn't agree more with that Balague bulls$it article,

now let's hear what the man himself Pochettino has to say

on the matter. ????

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2019/04/03/mauricio-pochettino-admits-he-has-massive-summer-planned-at-tott/

https://www.football.london/tottenham-hotspur-fc/fixtures-results/pochettino-stadium-levy-joe-lewis-16074384

• Like 1

Apparently lots of scuffles and ejections in/from the Park Lane stand last night.  All down to a number of fans wanting to sit.  Not a crime i hear you say, and you'd be right.  However..........

Unlike anyway else in the ground there was a very specific thought process behind this area of the ground.  This needs to be addressed and frankly, baring in mind the reason behind the "Wall" being designed and built you should not really be buying a ticket for this stand if you are a silent and in particular,  sitting supporter. I know the argument of i bought a seat and i'll sit in it but in respect of this part of the stadium i don't agree, you need to respect and go with the flow.

Just my opinion of course but i'd be interested in what other Spurs fans think.

It's a tough call to know whether to sit or stand in the Park Lane,

the problem is that the fans don't stand throughout the match.

When they stand, then everyone has to stand in order to see, when they sit then everyone has to sit, otherwise people get peed off,

it becomes a domino effect.

I wish we had the old system of the 1980's when you had a choice,

lower tiers standing and upper tiers sitting.

Those were the best for me, standing in the ParkLane or on the Shelf

Side, jumping and singing in unity. 

16 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

knel, you'd think it was the opening of the Olympics...football stadium, get on with it.

Best thing about it is their ability to fill a non-biodegradable plastic cup with beer ????

It was a tad cringy, the Go Compare singer and an X Factor nobody. Should of kept some of the billion for the opening night budget. 

Cracking stadium mind, no doubting that. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

It was a tad cringy, the Go Compare singer and an X Factor nobody. Should of kept some of the billion for the opening night budget. 

Cracking stadium mind, no doubting that. 

Chas and Dave are no more. Shame. Are the Dave Clarke Five still going?

6 hours ago, carmine said:

Apparently lots of scuffles and ejections in/from the Park Lane stand last night.  All down to a number of fans wanting to sit.  Not a crime i hear you say, and you'd be right.  However..........

Unlike anyway else in the ground there was a very specific thought process behind this area of the ground.  This needs to be addressed and frankly, baring in mind the reason behind the "Wall" being designed and built you should not really be buying a ticket for this stand if you are a silent and in particular,  sitting supporter. I know the argument of i bought a seat and i'll sit in it but in respect of this part of the stadium i don't agree, you need to respect and go with the flow.

Just my opinion of course but i'd be interested in what other Spurs fans think.

Up and down like a yoyo please and hoarse at the end as I sup a victorious beer!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, sotsira said:

It's a tough call to know whether to sit or stand in the Park Lane,

the problem is that the fans don't stand throughout the match.

When they stand, then everyone has to stand in order to see, when they sit then everyone has to sit, otherwise people get peed off,

it becomes a domino effect.

I wish we had the old system of the 1980's when you had a choice,

lower tiers standing and upper tiers sitting.

Those were the best for me, standing in the ParkLane or on the Shelf

Side, jumping and singing in unity. 

Apparently what caused 'the fights' at west ham was people just standing in front of kids.

3 hours ago, carmine said:

After this announcement this really is a pivotal summer for us in the transfer market, especially if we are expecting to part company with Toby and Eriksen.  

The leicester lhs middie looks interesting   he aint gonna b cheap tho would think we woupdnt see much change out of what we'd get for erikson ...  rose needs updating  as well . Looks better than b4 however he's imo not up to top 4 .. trips maybe carrying an injury has some credit.. but tbh thats  runnin out.. the other one 4 the off could well be sissoko .. his up in form and his contract runnin out ish imo is no coincidence.. but we''ll c

5 minutes ago, 3 minus 2 said:

The leicester lhs middie looks interesting   he aint gonna b cheap tho would think we woupdnt see much change out of what we'd get for erikson ...  rose needs updating  as well . Looks better than b4 however he's imo not up to top 4 .. trips maybe carrying an injury has some credit.. but tbh thats  runnin out.. the other one 4 the off could well be sissoko .. his up in form and his contract runnin out ish imo is no coincidence.. but we''ll c

He'd be a good buy for you as would the ex-City academy player David Brooks at Bournemouth.

30 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

He'd be a good buy for you as would the ex-City academy player David Brooks at Bournemouth.

Yeah  he's been mentioned but no doubts poch has a few up his sleeve

Interesting to see moutihno.. doin so well with wolves  villa boas was desperate to sign him but  att i beleve he was deemed  2 expensive for levy..

12 hours ago, 3 minus 2 said:

Yeah  he's been mentioned but no doubts poch has a few up his sleeve

Interesting to see moutihno.. doin so well with wolves  villa boas was desperate to sign him but  att i beleve he was deemed  2 expensive for levy..

Moutinho decided he liked the look of Monaco more than London, N17. ????

On 4/4/2019 at 1:31 AM, mrbojangles said:

Must admit lads, the stadium looks very impressive. And after all the arguing on here about how much over budget it was going to end up, beIN have stated the final cost was 1billion quid

No doubt BB will disagree with you as his last valuation was something like 1.2B or perhaps even 1.4B ????????

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Its undoubtedly the finest football stadium around now.

I'm looking forward to plenty more victories there this season....starting with threadbarely blue's lot next week.

No no stadium is rubbish, i would have rather had had a 2nd hand athletics stadium ????

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, alfieconn said:

No doubt BB will disagree with you as his last valuation was something like 1.2B or perhaps even 1.4B ????????

I know you've been in hiding, sorry i mean on holiday, for several defeats, sorry i mean for several weeks, but Alfie now you are back you need to up your game.

I never made a valuation of bn1.2 or any figure; how could i do that, what do i know about your stadium? You even had me down as a teacher didn't you.

What i did was report media figures, firstly of bn1 and then bn1.2, which sent you lot mental and in to denial.

As proof that bn1.2 WAS reported in the media - and therefore i was right all along - here's an article where Spurs reject the reported bn1.2:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/09/21/tottenham-insist-suggestions-12bn-final-stadium-bill-inaccurate/

"Sources within the construction industry claim Spurs face a bill in the region of £1.2bn to complete their new stadium because of delays and the fact chairman Daniel Levy did not negotiate a fixed-price deal with contractor Mace."

2 hours ago, alfieconn said:

No no stadium is rubbish, i would have rather had had a 2nd hand athletics stadium ????

Personally I'd rather win trophies and have a crap stadium than a great stadium and never win any trophies. Luckily we win trophies and have a great stadium; you don't  ????

40 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Personally I'd rather win trophies and have a crap stadium than a great stadium and never win any trophies. Luckily we win trophies and have a great stadium; you don't  ????

How can we have won trophies in the new stadium, we only moved in last week ????  

Edited by alfieconn

3 hours ago, alfieconn said:

Well you tried hard enough ????

Welcome back. I’ll say hello now In case you lose next week. 

• Haha 1

ANOTHER weekend off.  this prem lge scheduling is a <deleted> joke..a little rest.. thats a plus... but this is almost like a close <deleted> season.. slighty ott but not by much,  this is borderline a hinderence..  IMO.... god knows how rick got here... could be  down to utds 'teatro de sonso' gettin a bit tatty????

On 4/3/2019 at 7:36 PM, RickG16 said:

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, 3 minus 2 said:

ANOTHER weekend off.  this prem lge scheduling is a <deleted> joke..a little rest.. thats a plus... but this is almost like a close <deleted> season.. slighty ott but not by much,  this is borderline a hinderence..  IMO.... god knows how rick got here... could be  down to utds 'teatro de sonso' gettin a bit tatty????

You'll be nice and fresh for Tuesday. Think we are training at Spurs on monday

9 minutes ago, 3 minus 2 said:

Huh! Just think how fresh your lot will be this week vs City. Huge advantage i would have thought so why knock it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Huh! Just think how fresh your lot will be this week vs City. Huge advantage i would have thought so why knock it.

As a One off and  it If it was a couple of days, yeah advantage 4 sure .. but this is ??? weeks, one game then time off . again  and again    a  football team is used to rythm.. this dont help.. 

13 hours ago, alfieconn said:

6 hours ago, Kadilo said:

I think it must level things out at least. 

Why is that?