Unoffical Spurs Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

tu tuf game, bet the guys are feelin that one, hatre it when people quote shots on target, its abollix stat, hit the bar it dont count a miskick and a scuffed shot that the goalkeeper picks up ,, that counts, press continually  around the box it tells abso nothing about the game YET people still hold it up and say 'ohh look only ?? shots on target,, NONSENCE stat ,, anyways rant over.  thought rose was abso awful he's lost half a yard and now cant skin anyone, his deliveries into the box WOEFUL,, we should be rid SOON an upgrade is needed.  thought davies looked sound enuf tucked into the cb position , not that he was pushed..  skipp, pretty low key did nothing of note but no f ups,, sissoko, atm thank the above that we've got him, cos as it stands that midfeild could be seriousely outmuscled

anyways over all a bloody good point and well deserved aganst atuf well orgonised burnley who frankly went home with what their brand of football deserves ,,, NOTHING.   oh and imo erickson is currently quitely hitting WORLD CLASS form,, he's on a diferent planet atm with his pass's positioning  ect ect, he see's things/situations  other dont and he's now adding goals  hapi days next up the arse wipes,, easy peasy   ????

• Haha 1

Eric Dier ruled out till next year.  When are we going to get a break?!!!

Looks like Oliver Skipp is going to have to become Tottenham's future little earlier than planned!!!  However, forgetting the fact that he only turned 18yo in september,if you are good enough and the manager has the balls to select you then you are good enough,  right?

Anyway, right now we have little choice.  Winks, Skipp and Sissoko will be sharing duties anchoring our midfield until further notice.

• Thanks 1

This is certainly a problem with all the games coming up in

quick succession, what's going on with Wanyama?

He seems to be out injured more than available in the last 

2 years.

Maybe a change in formation will be required otherwise Delle

or Eriksen may need to drop in to CM or even Toby or Jan and keep Davies at CB.

6 minutes ago, sotsira said:

This is certainly a problem with all the games coming up in

quick succession, what's going on with Wanyama?

He seems to be out injured more than available in the last 

2 years.

Maybe a change in formation will be required otherwise Delle

or Eriksen may need to drop in to CM or even Toby or Jan and keep Davies at CB.

Yes its now a big problem.  We really can't deal with any more injuries. I think Poch will go with a 4231 for now using Winks and Sissoko as the pivot.  

Davies being deployed as a center back is fine against sides that have little or no intention of attacking us but we have Arsenal and Everton away up next which will be a different story.

I really can't see any point in having Wanyama on the books anymore, its a waste of a squad number.

1 hour ago, carmine said:

Yes its now a big problem.  We really can't deal with any more injuries. I think Poch will go with a 4231 for now using Winks and Sissoko as the pivot.  

Davies being deployed as a center back is fine against sides that have little or no intention of attacking us but we have Arsenal and Everton away up next which will be a different story.

I really can't see any point in having Wanyama on the books anymore, its a waste of a squad number.

With 5 games in the next 2 weeks, can't see Winks & Sissoko 

playing them all, even with Skipp as cover it's a big demand.

4231 is also a demanding formation for needing CM players.

I was thinking more of a 4141 or 433 with Eriksen and or Dele dropping in to midfield and playing 2 from Son, Moura & Lamela behind Kane. 

Theirs also the option to use Davies as a left sided CB as he 

does for Wales and play 352.

47 minutes ago, sotsira said:

UCL Draw puts us against Borussia Dortmand, that's 

not a bad draw IMO

https://sportslens.com/tottenham-fans-react-to-their-ucl-draw-vs-borussia-dortmund/253360/

Unbeaten and 9 points clear at the top of the Bundesliga, a better side than last season. Should be entertaining. 

4 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

I'd say there is a doubt, Spurs more often than not find a way. I'd back Spurs to go through. 

Yh but you backed Allison as greatest lfc player ever last week so what do you know. Dortmund are rocking at present. Pleased we have Bayern than Dortmund.

30 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Yh but you backed Allison as greatest lfc player ever last week so what do you know. Dortmund are rocking at present. Pleased we have Bayern than Dortmund.

Northern wit doesn't reach the midlands then? Obviously I was being sarcastic, it was elation based on him actually making a save that got us through to the last 16, after the fact he just saved us 2 points at Burnley.

You probably haven't noticed but he has been orchestrating attacks for us, starting out goals and lightening counters. So he made a mistake that lead to a goal, you can allow for that when he actually does so much for the team. This is the end of my TED talk for today.

Likewise only Porto would have been better, Bayern are ripe for the picking.

29 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

Northern wit doesn't reach the midlands then? Obviously I was being sarcastic, it was elation based on him actually making a save that got us through to the last 16, after the fact he just saved us 2 points at Burnley.

You probably haven't noticed but he has been orchestrating attacks for us, starting out goals and lightening counters. So he made a mistake that lead to a goal, you can allow for that when he actually does so much for the team. This is the end of my TED talk for today.

Likewise only Porto would have been better, Bayern are ripe for the picking.

Yh northern wit. Like when you said we don't need Salah on fire.

45 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Yh northern wit. Like when you said we don't need Salah on fire.

A quiet game for Salah last night, and we twwatted them. We are top of the league because we don't rely on one person being on fire. I should start charging you. 

6 minutes ago, jellydog said:

Should be a cracking two games. I doubt any manager would be pleased at drawing Dortmund. 

No, he would have wanted Roma or Porto but i think this is winnable for us.  We play similar football but i believe Spurs have become a tough nut to crack and the comeback this season compared to the disappointing exit to Juve last year goes some way to proving that.

I would also hope that by then our current injury dilemma will be past us.  

Great draw for City btw, but thats the potential prize if you manage to win your group.  

Best stay away from all Spurs fan sites as they are going into meltdown over the United situation.

What i do think is that Pochettino, if he is staying needs to have a press conference and make a firm statement otherwise it could effect us on the pitch, tonights game being a prime example.

14 minutes ago, carmine said:

Best stay away from all Spurs fan sites as they are going into meltdown over the United situation.

What i do think is that Pochettino, if he is staying needs to have a press conference and make a firm statement otherwise it could effect us on the pitch, tonights game being a prime example.

An unfortunate situation for Spurs. The money and prestige at United or continue the plan at Spurs ? Honestly United is such a mess you would think Pochy would have second thoughts about taking the job. Mourinho was clearly part of the problem, but its a weird squad as well.

Still early in the process though and he doesn't have to make his mind up now. Lots of variables, including the new stadium and Levy commiting more funds in the future.

I think if RM came calling Pochy would be gone. Maybe he can resist United.

2 minutes ago, jellydog said:

An unfortunate situation for Spurs. The money and prestige at United or continue the plan at Spurs ? Honestly United is such a mess you would think Pochy would have second thoughts about taking the job. Mourinho was clearly part of the problem, but its a weird squad as well.

Still early in the process though and he doesn't have to make his mind up now. Lots of variables, including the new stadium and Levy commiting more funds in the future.

I think if RM came calling Pochy would be gone. Maybe he can resist United.

He's already resisted RM.  My concerns lie in that Zidane is a free agent but his name isn't being mentioned by anyone but they are all saying it has to be Pochettino.

Hence, he needs to make some kind of a statement or our season could start to fall apart, basically from tonights game.  Mourinho's inevitable sacking is going to affect Spurs more than any other club.

Obviously if he is their first choice they will offer Spurs whatever they have too but its really down to him.  Does he want to continue what he's been doing with Spurs or not.  We will see.  

On 12/5/2018 at 5:11 PM, RonniePickering22 said:

Or 6-0 chonabot....we need to bounce back quickly and give some of the kids a run out.

Step forward Skippy...maybe a rest for Kane as well.....

Ronnie you have a nomination for POTY, you need to be a bit more high-profile with your campaigning.

You are assured of my vote and of everyone I know, plus I am sure the football forum will be solidly behind you.

VOTE RONNIE.

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, rott said:

Ronnie you have a nomination for POTY, you need to be a bit more high-profile with your campaigning.

You are assured of my vote and of everyone I know, plus I am sure the football forum will be solidly behind you.

VOTE RONNIE.

Thats great!!!  He has my vote!!

• Like 1