Unoffical Spurs Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

I think De Bruyne will start the next one, he is just as important for City as Eriksen is for us.  Now lets hope we can avoid more injuries. Kane out is bad enough.   

Edited by balo

Just how good is sissoko.. he's just f... in awesome.. cant think of a more effective middie atm.. as his touch improves   which remarkably  IT IS he  reminds more and more of patric veirra... big up hugo came good when needed. 1 nil at half time  fancy our chances... stranger thing have happened.. however dont think pep had HIS  best of games and im sure no one will be rested up their.. but its cup footie and we are swift on the break.

just wish we wernt playin them in between.. bloody shame.

12 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

Just seen the Ferdanhino tackle on Kane, how does he get away with being a horrible <deleted>, every week....

Kane might we well advised to rest for the remaining games this season.Not being an alarmist but he might be putting his career on the line if he continues playing with a dodgy ankle,they are slow healers and can become chronic.

Players have be known to go in little harder when they are aware an oposition players has an ongoing  problem.

Not saying Ferdanhino did, but not saying he didnt either 

53 minutes ago, Sparkles said:

VAR has the potential to derail this competition.No way was Rose's hand ball a penalty.If you are in a sliding tackle ,flat on your back, you have no control over the shape, or movement, of your arms.Any referee who has actually played the game should know that,should be compulsory

The whole VAR issue is a shambles.They should have a good look at the International Rugby model which has been around for long time.

Firstly the ref is miked up and comments, to the officials up in the video room, can he heard by the millions who are watching on the box This ridiculous sight of a referee running over to a small screen when in the room they have more access to angles is what the Rugby guys do.As an example a referee will say "is there any reason I shouldnt give a penalty ?" and he will get an almost instant reply.Its also on the big screen at the game.

Time also for digital clocks around the ground and stopping for hold ups.

The time taken to take free kicks,penalties , time wasting is robbing all of action.

The people up in the video room can look after the time out issues

Australia Rugby league has had video replays for decades ,its not perfect but compared with FIFA's effort streets ahead.

Lastly for the sake of the game get this penalty rule sorted out,its just become a lotttery.On this occasion justice prevailed with Agueros poor effort and the Lloris's good anticipation but it could have quite easily finished up 1-1 which would have been unjustified

You may not recall the similar penalties against Otamendi (vs Schalke) and PSG (vs ManU) and lots of people on these threads arguing they were penalties (because it was against City and/or for ManU). For me all 3 were not penalties but apparently UEFA has instigated its own handball guidelines for refs to follow. Don't think they'd be pens in the Premier. They have to sort out the handball law.

Agree with you on time wasting and stop the clock. 

Offside is another that can be confusing. Some parts of the body can be offside others cant be. Judge it on the position of the head better.

There are many laws that need sorting out!

12 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

You may not recall the similar penalties against Otamendi (vs Schalke) and PSG (vs ManU) and lots of people on these threads arguing they were penalties (because it was against City and/or for ManU). For me all 3 were not penalties but apparently UEFA has instigated its own handball guidelines for refs to follow. Don't think they'd be pens in the Premier. They have to sort out the handball law.

Agree with you on time wasting and stop the clock. 

Offside is another that can be confusing. Some parts of the body can be offside others cant be. Judge it on the position of the head better.

There are many laws that need sorting out!

Seems UEFA have decided what constitutes handball but it’s not what we are following hence the confusion. 

The whole VAR thing really shouldn’t be this bad. As Sparkles has said there are precedents set which show how it can work. How we are still at this stage of proceedings is an embarrassment. 

Rose did not do it on purpose, you can clearly see that in slow motion, he lost his balance and just fell and the arm moved with him. There was nothing he could do to avoid it.

The referees really need to change the way they think about this. 

FROM JUNE 1ST

The IFAB now states that a handball is awarded if a player makes his body bigger with his arm, and it is automatically an offence if the arm is above shoulder height. It is now also clear that there is no handball offence if the ball deflects onto the arm, or if the ball hits a player who is using his arm for support.

A free kick or penalty will be awarded if:

- the ball goes into the goal after touching an attacking player's hand/arm
- a player gains control/possession of the ball after it touches their hand/arm and then scores, or creates a goal-scoring opportunity
- the ball touches a player's hand/arm which has made their body unnaturally bigger
- the ball touches a player's hand/arm when it is above their shoulder (unless the player has deliberately played the ball which then touches their hand/arm)

There is no offence if:

- the ball touches a player's hand/arm directly from their own head/body/foot or the head/body/foot of another player who is close/near
- the ball touches a player's hand/arm which is close to their body and has not made their body unnaturally bigger
- if a player is falling and the ball touches their hand/arm when it is between their body and the ground to support the body (but not extended to make the body bigger)
- If the goalkeeper attempts to "clear" (release into play) a throw-in or deliberate kick from a teammate but the "clearance" fails, the goalkeeper can then handle the ball

The change to the dropped ball rule now means that should one be needed inside a penalty area, it will be dropped to the goalkeeper's feet. Outside of the penalty area, it will be dropped to a member of the team to last touch the ball. IFAB believes that contested dropped balls led to "a 'manufactured' restart which is 'exploited' unfairly (e.g. kicking the ball out for a throw-in deep in the opponents' half) or an aggressive confrontation."

In minor changes, players will now be booked for over-celebrating "even if the goal is disallowed." Also, a team which wins the toss can now "choose to take the kick-off or which goal to attack (previously they only had the choice of which goal to attack)."

A goalkeeper must now "have at least part of one foot on/in line with the goal line" on a penalty. A referee can now allow a quick free kick to be taken by an attacking team even if he were about to book the offending player -- this can now be done at the end of the attacking move. And yellow and red cards for members of the coaching staff will now become law after successful trials.

The final notable change sees substitutes being able to leave the field at the nearest point, rather than the half-way line, in a bid to stop teams time-wasting.

Though the laws come into force on June 1, they are not expected to be enforced for the Champions League final on that date.

• Thanks 1

Just another little thing  ive   been on bout for an age is that  refs should have, sone sort of  digital tape measure.  relying on a ref to 'accuratly' pace 10 yards is frankly ridiculous.. ive actually seen them be distracted and stop on eight paces  and some refs barrely put one foot in front of another and  call  it a yard .. a yard short or to long can be all a decent striker of the ball needs..  in a age where a goal against can be the end of a seasons hard work and could  cost millions not to have something  to make 10 yrds 10 yrds who ever the ref .. if frankly mindlessly negligent.

• Like 1

No team has really shone in the QF's yet and all to play for in my mind.

Barca against our sixth best side didn't convince... Liverpool still need to do a job....anyone's guess with Ajax and our game will likely depend upon selection and fatigue.

Really very open this year!

^^ Ajax... dark outsider...had enuf chances to wrap it up .. win at juve . Maybe but probably... not ... other outside bet ..lucas for the winner up at the council shack.. we CAN say that now..????  and no bo I.aint wastin my money..????

50 minutes ago, 3 minus 2 said:

And yeah ronnie  i suppose  it does add to the drama

But var .. for sons goal they were bac lining up b4 i even realised they were var'ing it...could well b tv thing tho.

Somebody please translate, it means absolutely nothing to me. Even stumped Google translate.

7 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Barca against our sixth best side didn't convince... Liverpool still need to do a job....anyone's guess with Ajax and our game will likely depend upon selection and fatigue.

Very open. 

I think the selection and fatigue element will probably affect City as much as yourselves with their extra fixture over the period, granted a bigger squad selection. I thought it would make it an even game and proved to be but the goal now makes you favourites in my book. 

6 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

Very open. 

I think the selection and fatigue element will probably affect City as much as yourselves with their extra fixture over the period, granted a bigger squad selection. I thought it would make it an even game and proved to be but the goal now makes you favourites in my book. 

Both City and spurs have 22 man squads (ours includes Mangala so call it 21 vs 22 ????). Spurs are favourites in my book also; hard for us to score one as Spurs can park the bus and play on the break or pick up a goal from a deadball situation  against the smallest squad in the Premier (i believe i read we are).

Just now, Bredbury Blue said:

Both City and spurs have 22 man squads (ours includes Mangala so call it 21 vs 22 ????). Spurs are favourites in my book also; hard for us to score one as Spurs can park the bus and play on the break or pick up a goal from a deadball situation  against the smallest squad in the Premier (i believe i read we are).

Point taken but as far as quality and rotation you have more strength in depth. That FA Cup Semi could prove pivotal in the end. 

9 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Barca in the semi for us already, you all know it!