Unoffical Spurs Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

5 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

With us and Ajax in my opinion.

Unless those sneaky Italians pay off the ref of course.

Yeah it does feel that could be the outcome.

Those Italians.....you wouldn't put it past them.

Edited by BangrakBob

4 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

With us and Ajax in my opinion.

Unless those sneaky Italians pay off the ref of course.

Apparently juv turned it on for ?? Mins and scored  then park the bus .. they are so proficiant at that ,  as we found out last season, we abso battered them for 80 ish  mins and they won it in those 10.. and that  v  much suits ronaldos style  atm. However ajax.. CLASS act so you never know..

as for us up at the council shack. Thought pep got it  badly wrong the other night  with  a weird formation and .IF he had brought the subs on b4 we scored and post kanes injury the pressure was relentlless  we couldnt get the ball out of our half att  a little more pressure and  we were there for the taking.. tbh cant see pep getting  it that badly.wrong again si cant anything but a city win up there.. BUT footies a funny old game  its one nil at half time..

Oh and if i was offered one win out of the 3 v city ide take the 3 points from the prem game..

1 hour ago, 3 minus 2 said:

Apparently juv turned it on for ?? Mins and scored  then park the bus .. they are so proficiant at that ,  as we found out last season, we abso battered them for 80 ish  mins and they won it in those 10.. and that  v  much suits ronaldos style  atm. However ajax.. CLASS act so you never know..

as for us up at the council shack. Thought pep got it  badly wrong the other night  with  a weird formation and .IF he had brought the subs on b4 we scored and post kanes injury the pressure was relentlless  we couldnt get the ball out of our half att  a little more pressure and  we were there for the taking.. tbh cant see pep getting  it that badly.wrong again si cant anything but a city win up there.. BUT footies a funny old game  its one nil at half time..

Oh and if i was offered one win out of the 3 v city ide take the 3 points from the prem game..

I reckon Pep did get it wrong:

- Either play our normal attacking possession game and go for goals/win or play an unnatural tight defensive game to contain; he did neither and got caught between both.

- Should have played Kompany vs Kane.

- Crazy to play Delph who has barely played (think he's played in 5 of our 6 losses to which his errors have contributed; great last season, a liability this).

- Should have played Laporte at LB (and another CB) or maybe Danilo but never Delph.

- Should  have played KdB for the out-of-form Silva (swapped them around 2nd half).

- Should  have played Sterling on his usual right; not good on the left. 

- Should have played either Sane or another midfielder (could have been Silva), not Mahrez. 

- Shouldn't have played weak Mahrez in a physical contest.

- Should have brought KdB and Sane on within 5 minutes of going behind not in the 88th (crazy!).

- Shouldn't have made too many changes in what we do normally and in our personnel.

I thought 2nd half we were decent, were contolling the game, had Spurs under pressure and look like we were going to go ahead, then Son scored against the run of play.

Good goal from Son's perspective but very soft goal from our perspective:

Delph initially out of position, then we didn't  play to the whistle, then Delph was left dead by Son, City had 7 in the box so Gundogan could afford to move across to block Son but did nothing, and Ederson - who'd been excellent but injured his hip earlier - should have gone with his feet not dived...catalogue of errors. 

Didn't think there was much between the two teams but Pep changed our style to our detriment while Poch played the usual way.

Thought City played a 6 or 7/10 game while for Spurs it was an 8/10 game.

Advantage Spurs at HT and City with it all to do, again.

Think we can be pretty sure City will have a go right from the off and will try to win it; could leave ourselves open to an away goal and have to score 3.

So how do you expect Spurs to play it in the 2nd leg?

Threadbarely Blue we will play our strongest side and look to score.

There's no way we will look to defend at your ground....total waste of time.

It will be lots of energy and hope we can last the 90....if we go 2-0 up things will tighten up but I'd expect it to be a knife edge difference.

Will Silva be back for the game??

• Like 2

How do i see us playing  ?  he might go with lorrente  as a way out up front  3 ax the bac and  sissoko and winks holdin with tipps on the right and davies on lhs hes better defensively than rose   . But tbh not sure   but  what i am 4 sure is  we've got to  keep it tight and not make any stupid mistakes,  ride the first 20 mins which  will be tough . and aalways  look to hit u  on the break which we Can do.. but its  1. 0 at half time and cup footie so  ANYTHING can happen.

11 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

How did Alli break his hand the other night? I missed the incident.

the annoying thing was i think he was about to b subbed  canrt temember who   but went over on it  after a clumsy tackle,

edit   talk is he could be out for the rest of the season ,, tbh given the importance' of the games coimin up i'de be v surprised if he didnt play , but we will c

Edited by 3 minus 2

1 hour ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Is Silva back then or not?

Both Zinchenko and SIlva are near to returning with both having late fitness tests tomorrow for the Palace game on sunday. Hopefully that means if not quite ready for sunday they should be ok for Wednesday. Fingers crossed of course

• Like 2

3 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Is Silva back then or not?

Never answer the bloody question BB.

Just or f..   in  luck..they gain 2 .. and we lose 2  AND arguably our biggest influencers .. they shine WE tend to shine..  still if i've got a crit' of poch  recently he aint given lucas enuf time.. lucas must be feelin hard done by .. he's more than desrves a start .. in pochs defence son may not  be the greatest BUT he just keeps bangin those goals in he CANT not start  but as footballer he trails lucas by a counyry mile    so maybe just maybe  lucas will  shine   we ALL know he can.. on his day he's up their with the best...so lets get the 3 pts over and done with v huddersfeild.. as our lucks goin .. now the pressures off and their down they'll play a blinder and nic to them 3 meaningless  pts. lets just hope  no  one gets injured.. And poch is wrong, V city in the champs lge might be a big game.. i can assure him if  we go to city in the lge and lose that will be the biggest game of his career cos if  end up out of next yrs   champs lge!!

His credit   certainly with levy and maybe some spurs fans WILL be runnin out RAPIDLY  and imo He wont  just NOT be lookin at the madrid job or the utd type of job  it wont be long b4 .he'll be lookin for a new job PERIOD..

• Confused 1

^

Looking back as far as the start of the 2014-15 Premier League season, Spurs have played 131 times with the 24-year-old in their ranks, averaging a return of two goals per game and a win rate of 59%.

Without him, though, and rather worryingly for Tottenham fans, that drops to 1.2 and 38% respectively from the 13 games that he has been forced to sit out

32 minutes ago, 3 minus 2 said:

^

Looking back as far as the start of the 2014-15 Premier League season, Spurs have played 131 times with the 24-year-old in their ranks, averaging a return of two goals per game and a win rate of 59%.

Without him, though, and rather worryingly for Tottenham fans, that drops to 1.2 and 38% respectively from the 13 games that he has been forced to sit out

Spin it how you want.

Tottenham 2018/19 with Kane: Played 39, Won 24 (62%)

Tottenham 2018/19 without Kane: Played 9, Won 6 (66%)

Research from bettingexpert.com shows that Tottenham have actually won 100% of their matches this season without Kane, compared to a win rate of just 67% without Son in the side.

On the flip side, the win rate with Son stands at 80% this season which, once again, is better than the 71% win ratio the north London side have had with Kane leading their line.

Edited by Kadilo
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, 3 minus 2 said:

Just or f..   in  luck..they gain 2 .. and we lose 2  AND arguably our biggest influencers .. they shine WE tend to shine..  still if i've got a crit' of poch  recently he aint given lucas enuf time.. lucas must be feelin hard done by .. he's more than desrves a start .. in pochs defence son may not  be the greatest BUT he just keeps bangin those goals in he CANT not start  but as footballer he trails lucas by a counyry mile    so maybe just maybe  lucas will  shine   we ALL know he can.. on his day he's up their with the best...so lets get the 3 pts over and done with v huddersfeild.. as our lucks goin .. now the pressures off and their down they'll play a blinder and nic to them 3 meaningless  pts. lets just hope  no  one gets injured.. And poch is wrong, V city in the champs lge might be a big game.. i can assure him if  we go to city in the lge and lose that will be the biggest game of his career cos if  end up out of next yrs   champs lge!!

His credit   certainly with levy and maybe some spurs fans WILL be runnin out RAPIDLY  and imo He wont  just NOT be lookin at the madrid job or the utd type of job  it wont be long b4 .he'll be lookin for a new job PERIOD..

I have to say this comment is nuts.

If we fail to get top four this season the fans will be blaming the lack of signings and slack decision to cash in 12m on Dembele as having cost us.

Lloris gaffes will also get more attention if it happens.

i don't think it will though....too much quality still in our team but we need Alli back soon as.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

If we fail to get top four this season the fans will be blaming the lack of signings and slack decision to cash in 12m on Dembele as having cost us.

i don't think it will though....too much quality still in our team but we need Alli back soon as.

If that had been written by BB or another non Spurs fan you boys would rightly be going ape. 

21 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

If that had been written by BB or another non Spurs fan you boys would rightly be going ape. 

It won't happen anyway Kadilo....I wonder how much damage your lot will inflict upon our new stadium though lol.

1 hour ago, RonniePickering22 said:

It won't happen anyway Kadilo....I wonder how much damage your lot will inflict upon our new stadium though lol.

Luckily you have us for a guaranteed 3 points to ease any 3-2 worries. After all we are relegation fodder so it should be a formality for you boys. I’m sure the lads won’t be up for it one iota ????

4 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

I know what the pop tnrain of thought is  doesnt makr it right though So your sure blaming  no signings on  levy think poch has a hand in that decision process  and NO DOUBTS letting dembele go WILL be down to poch as much as levy  and  if  u  Put our almost traditional dodgy start next to no  champions lge plus 4? ish  seasons no trophies.. not that business man levy will give a shit bout that  . 2 him its all boutreturn  then  and i'de say poch's tenure .WILL be at risk .. he's in credit atm but we all know footie  and that can and will soon  be forgotten. But we will c.. oh i see an ex exeter player in goal for huddersfield .. we picked him up on laon for half a season he was lanquishing as 3 rd choise somewhere.

6 minutes ago, jellydog said:

Spurs with a late goal when I already have my Banker. <deleted> !!!!:angry:

You're in very good company....4 others including me! At least I put Moura in my Fantasy Team this week????

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, 3 minus 2 said:

I know what the pop tnrain of thought is  doesnt makr it right though So your sure blaming  no signings on  levy think poch has a hand in that decision process  and NO DOUBTS letting dembele go WILL be down to poch as much as levy  and  if  u  Put our almost traditional dodgy start next to no  champions lge plus 4? ish  seasons no trophies.. not that business man levy will give a shit bout that  . 2 him its all boutreturn  then  and i'de say poch's tenure .WILL be at risk .. he's in credit atm but we all know footie  and that can and will soon  be forgotten. But we will c.. oh i see an ex exeter player in goal for huddersfield .. we picked him up on laon for half a season he was lanquishing as 3 rd choise somewhere.

Poch is in no danger at all....none....not from fans or management.

14 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Jellybean....would it be true to say the game next weekend is more important to City than Wednesday?

It seems that way to me.

It is a tough question and answer ! I'd say Pep favors the League, if only a little. Without Kane and Alli you would think the advantage is for City in both games. Then again, if Spurs can shut City down you have Sonny and hat trick Moura.

Tough call all around but I favor City to take both games.

2 minutes ago, jellydog said:

It is a tough question and answer ! I'd say Pep favors the League, if only a little. Without Kane and Alli you would think the advantage is for City in both games. Then again, if Spurs can shut City down you have Sonny and hat trick Moura.

Tough call all around but I favor City to take both games.

Alli will play on Wednesday and I'd expect Winks to be playing too....half our team rested and as you noted Moura is on fire.

Tasty is all I can say....I'm looking forward to a real tussle.

I am also hoping your injured lads aren't ready properly but we'll see.